Atari800MacX

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

Martinus
Atariator
Atariator

Atari800MacX

Postby Martinus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 am

I use this emulator but since a short while it always opens in fullscreen mode and Preferences (Cmd-,) does not work. So I have no way to get back to windowed.

Already tried to contact the developer but got no response. Deleted the app and what I could find in related files and reinstalled. But this did not solve the problem. So apparently there is a file somewhere that causes this behavior)

Anybody ideas?

Hazzardus
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Atari800MacX

Postby Hazzardus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 am

Martinus wrote:I use this emulator but since a short while it always opens in fullscreen mode and Preferences (Cmd-,) does not work. So I have no way to get back to windowed.

Already tried to contact the developer but got no response. Deleted the app and what I could find in related files and reinstalled. But this did not solve the problem. So apparently there is a file somewhere that causes this behavior)

Anybody ideas?

Which version of the OS are you using to run it? I have the same issue in Sierra and Above, but it used to work fine in El Capitan and previous. I got the same behaviour once I upgraded to Sierra couple years back, so I mainly use a Windows 7 VM for my emulation stuff now.

Also slightly unrelated, but have you heard of AppCleaner? It solves the issue of hunting down all the shared and pref files if you want rid of an app. I find it very handy.

Hazzardus
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Hazzardus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 am

Martinus wrote:I use this emulator but since a short while it always opens in fullscreen mode and Preferences (Cmd-,) does not work. So I have no way to get back to windowed.

Anybody ideas?

Which version of the OS are you using to run it? I have the same issue in Sierra and High Sierra, but it used to work fine in El Capitan and previous. I got the same behaviour once I upgraded to Sierra couple years back, so I mainly use a Windows 7 VM for my 8 bit emulation stuff now, along with retroarch.

Also slightly unrelated, but have you heard of AppCleaner? It solves the issue of hunting down all the shared and pref files if you want rid of an app. I find it very handy, it even manages to clean out really stubborn stuff (Adobe :evil: ) if it is set to smart delete.

Martinus
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Martinus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 am

I use Appdelete which normally finds all files pertaining to a deleted program. I don't think the problem is caused by High Sierra since it worked fine until the moment that I had the unfortunate idea of checking the "fullscreen" box.

Social Media

Return to “Other emulators & tools”