FAO: Anyone using the "Stars" extension in STOS!

STOS-related stuff in here please

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Nev (Orbital Software)
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

FAO: Anyone using the "Stars" extension in STOS!

Postby Nev (Orbital Software) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:04 pm

I'm having a real problem with this extension. Has anyone else come across this problem before and if so is there any cure:

Basically, as long as I have the .EC? stars extension file in my compiler it won't compile any code at all, it won't even compile code that normally compiles that doesn't use the stars extension.

Now the simple solution would be to not use the extension at all, but i've been working on some serious code and i've come too far to not use stars on my screen.

The screen works fine, the problems only start when I try to compile. It compiles fine as long as I take out the stars commands in Stos and take out the compiler extension of "stars".

The error I get at the very start of compilation is:

"BUS ERROR IN LINE 1"
1 REM -----------------------------

There is no Line 1 in any of my codes. And will give the same error whatever I compile as long as the stars extension is in the compiler folder.

I know the files aren't corrupt as I know it used to work fine some years ago, i've also tried changing the extension letters at the end of the filename and even re-installed the "stars" extension from an original ST Format disk but i'm still having the same problem.

Can anyone please help. I'm stuck in a rut till I can fix this!

:(:(:(

Peace...
-=0rB17@l 50f7w@R3=-

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:28 pm

What machine you running it on .. real or emulator?

If emulator, then try using different versions of TOS/Memory configurations and see if the same thing occurs. That might be a fix?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Nev (Orbital Software)

Postby Nev (Orbital Software) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:00 pm

Running it all as I was back in 1995/6 using a real STE etc. I don't like emulators as they NEVER run 100% correctly, but STeem is quite useful for doing tasks while my real ST is doing tasks.

Good idea about the emulator/real machine though.Thanks.

:D

I remember having this problem ages ago(just) and there was a way to fix it, but i'll be buggered if I can remember what it was!

I've even tried silly stuff like renaming the letter of the extensions etc, but the same problem still persists. I'm really at a loss now and my weekend of coding has ground to an abrupt halt!

:(

Peace...
-=0rB17@l 50f7w@R3=-

Nev (Orbital Software)

Postby Nev (Orbital Software) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:11 pm

Alternatively, if ASA BURROWS(stars extension author/coder) is still knocking around anywhere and anyone knows of his whereabouts(e-mail, MSN etc) then i'd contact him. Who knows, after all these years he might still know what the problem is...

...I doubt it, but i've tried everything now. I've even loaded stos/compiler with just the stars and no other extensions installed and it still doesn't work. Very odd as I have compiled stuff in the past using stars without any problems.

:(

Peace...
-=0rB17@l 50f7w@R3=-

Social Media

Return to “STOS”