GEMDEFS.H & OBDEFS.H

C and PASCAL (or any other high-level languages) in here please

Moderators: exxos, simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

wyerd
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

GEMDEFS.H & OBDEFS.H

Postby wyerd » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:41 pm

I've been compiling C code on my STe using Megamax Laser C, but was recently pointed to the m68K-atari-mint cross compiler and I'm trying to figure out how it all works. Running it in CYGWIN, I have successfully compiled Hello World and ran it in Hatari. Now, there are a lot of source files that include header files that aren't in the \include folder such as gemdefs.h & obdefs.h . Have they been replaced by something else?

ThorstenOtto
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: GEMDEFS.H & OBDEFS.H

Postby ThorstenOtto » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:57 am

gemdefs.h and obdefs.h were the names used by old compilers. When using Pure-C, you need <aes.h> and <vdi.h> (but the original files miss a lot of functions that were defined later by e.g Magic), and when using GNU-C with gemlib, you should use <gem.h>, and sometimes <gemx.h> for not-so-commonly used functions. For TOS/MiNT functions, you need <osbind.h> and <mintbind.h>

And be aware that some constants/structures might have a slightly different name, and watch out for evnt_multi()/evnt_timer(), which has a different binding (only one long for the timeout, instead of 2 shorts).

wyerd
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: GEMDEFS.H & OBDEFS.H

Postby wyerd » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:28 pm

OK. Thank you.

Social Media

Return to “C / PASCAL etc.”