C and PASCAL (or any other high-level languages) in here please

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

iceman
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Cross compiling on linux problem

Postby iceman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:11 am

Hi all,

I am trying to cross-compile a program using m68k-atari-mint-gcc-4.6.4. The code calls for linea.h, however linea.h is not in /usr/usr/m68k-atari-mint/include/.

It *is* however in AHCC on the Atari. Is it possible to simply copy linea.h into /usr/usr/m68k-atari-mint/include/ or the source directory (and change #include <linea.h> to #include "linea.h") or is it more involved with that?

I never did much linking or including when I tinkered with C years ago, sorry for my ignorance :)
Atarian since 1989. Atari 1040STFM, 4MB 520STe with UltraSatan and Unitor N, A dodgy 1 MBSTe that bombs out after a few minutes, and a 14MB 48MHz Falcon 030 with NetUSBee and Soundpool 8 channel DAC. Plus my new MiST!

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Cross compiling on linux problem

Postby mfro » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:38 am

iceman wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to cross-compile a program using m68k-atari-mint-gcc-4.6.4. The code calls for linea.h, however linea.h is not in /usr/usr/m68k-atari-mint/include/.

It *is* however in AHCC on the Atari. Is it possible to simply copy linea.h into /usr/usr/m68k-atari-mint/include/ or the source directory (and change #include <linea.h> to #include "linea.h") or is it more involved with that?

I never did much linking or including when I tinkered with C years ago, sorry for my ignorance :)

linea.h should be part of the mintlib package. Did you install that? Mixing headers from different compilers usually just ends up in a mess.

iceman
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby iceman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 am

Yeah, that's why i thought I'd ask before doing it!

I've gone through the files installed in the mintlib-m68k-atari-mint package, but there's no linea.h or aes.h installed :?
Atarian since 1989. Atari 1040STFM, 4MB 520STe with UltraSatan and Unitor N, A dodgy 1 MBSTe that bombs out after a few minutes, and a 14MB 48MHz Falcon 030 with NetUSBee and Soundpool 8 channel DAC. Plus my new MiST!

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:03 am

iceman wrote:I've gone through the files installed in the mintlib-m68k-atari-mint package, but there's no linea.h installed :?

Sure there is: http://sparemint.atariforge.net/sparemi ... devel.html Did you install mintlib-devel and gemlib-devel?
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 am

If you are cross compiling (which you apparently do) and if you are on Ubuntu/Debian (which I do not know) just install mintlib-m68k-atari-mint from Vincent's repository.

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 am

Note that linea header isn't only header difference between different Atari compilers, other OS structure headers and the TOS/AES/VDI call headers can also have different names in them...

mfro
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby mfro » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:39 am

iceman wrote:... /usr/usr/m68k-atari-mint/include/ ...

Just seen that which is most likely the culprit.

Something went wrong during install. The cross-compiler package should have been installed to /usr/m68k-atari-mint/ (thats at least its location on my - working - installation).

Social Media

Return to “C / PASCAL etc.”