Alien Breed Special edition '92 (Disassembled!)

All 680x0 related coding posts in this section please.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Alien Breed Special edition '92 (Disassembled!)

Postby dlfrsilver » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:31 pm

Hello, anyone's willing to convert alien breed special edition 92 from ASM amiga code resourced ? :D

It has all the files, plus the PC DOS assembler runable with a bat file.

Tell if you're interested, i'll post here the archive :D !!!
Last edited by dlfrsilver on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Alien Breed Special edition '92

Postby bullis1 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm

It certainly is interesting but I'm not doing it that's for sure. I also don't think STE is really necessary. Alien Breed could be done well on ST if you used YM sound instead of digital. It would be easier to use STE for scrolling purposes I suppose.

Is is a disassembly or the original source code?

EDIT: It would be cool if someone actually did this but I would prefer Assassin. It's all a dream anyway though.
Member of the Atari Legend team

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:29 pm

In the source you have all sound modules, GFX, code all seperated properly.

It's a VERY clean disassembly with all the elements needed.

It could be done if an atarian with knowledge of both machines want to take a look :D !!
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:32 pm

about assassin, could be possible but it would require to extract files hidden on tracks, since it's a NDOS game.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Alien Breed Special edition '92 (Disassembled!)

Postby Mug UK » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Upload away - I'm sure there are coders out there who would find this an interesting project to attempt - likewise for the Jagware team as they like receiving the complete 68000 source code of games :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Ok guys here it is :D !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GT_Turbo
Atariator
Atariator

Postby GT_Turbo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 pm

muguk wrote:Upload away - I'm sure there are coders out there who would find this an interesting project to attempt - likewise for the Jagware team as they like receiving the complete 68000 source code of games :)

Hi,

Mug :)

That can be a great thing :)

Thanks a lot DrSilver

GT Turbo (C.V.S.D., Jagware) :wink:

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby cb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:49 pm

GT_Turbo wrote:
muguk wrote:Upload away - I'm sure there are coders out there who would find this an interesting project to attempt - likewise for the Jagware team as they like receiving the complete 68000 source code of games :)

Hi,

Thanks a lot DrSilver

Hey GT Turbo :)
Does it mean you might consider a JagCF version of Alien Breed?
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

ppera

Postby ppera » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:30 am

bullis1 wrote:..
Is is a disassembly or the original source code?

You can not disassemble source code. Only executable (what is assembled from source) :D

It is always better to have original source because of comments and better overview. But we will hardly see much of them. It is even problem to find source files in many cases...

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:34 pm

cb wrote:
GT_Turbo wrote:

Hi,

Thanks a lot DrSilver

It'll be worth the trip to Paris to see it next year if they do :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

GT_Turbo
Atariator
Atariator

Postby GT_Turbo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:27 pm

cb wrote:
GT_Turbo wrote:

Hi,

Thanks a lot DrSilver

Hey CB :)

That will be for sure a great game for this machine, but now i'm working on some tools for a new Jaguar shoot'em up featuring graphics by Bear and code by our new coder Matmook. A lot of games can be ported on the Jaguar but as always some copyrights problems appear, that's the biggest problems, Mug Uk give me some sources from games for porting them on Jaguar but a this time not enough time, perhaps after this new shoot we can do some ports. I'm asking if Team 17 will be happy for this port ? I have seen at the last Retro Gaming Connexion Party a coder who has ported Rick Dangerous on megadrive, but the company ask 48000 euros for allowing this port to be released !!

GT :)

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:48 pm

GT_Turbo wrote:I have seen at the last Retro Gaming Connexion Party a coder who has ported Rick Dangerous on megadrive, but the company ask 48000 euros for allowing this port to be released !!

Of course, because he would make so much money from it.... ;) ;) Nice guys there eh?
tá'n poc ar buile!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:09 pm

Well, there's another one coming your way soon GT once I've finished checking it .. :)

Social Media

Return to “680x0”