A forum about the Hatari ST/STE/Falcon emulator - the current version is v2.2.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

darwinmac
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Hatari 2.2.0 has been released

Postby darwinmac » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:14 am

Eero Tamminen wrote:
gregoryMJM wrote:Unfortunately, something is wrong with the macOS version, the image seems zoomed in and only one fourth of the Atari screen is visible.

Which MacOS version do you have? Which Mac device? With what kind of a display (type and resolution)?

macOS Mojave 10.14.3, 2016 MacBook Pro, Retina display.

Hatari 2.2 fails on both 1440x900 (Default) and 1680x1050 (More Space) (Displays preference pane)

Eero Tamminen wrote:Please try replacing the libSDL version included with Hatari 2.2 with the latest version (if its newer than Hatari version) and tell whether that helps:
https://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

Unfortunately, the macOS download from libSDL is the macOS Framework. The Hatari binary has been compiled with a dynamic library (dylib). The official macOS Hatari binary will not recognize the framework since it was not compiled this way. I proved this by trying it on my MacBook Pro.

gregoryMJM wrote:I'll have to stick with 2.1.0.

Eero Tamminen wrote:Which version of libSDL is included with Hatari 2.1 MacOS package?

Unfortunately, it only says SDL 2.0.0. Since I think the SDL library is being manually compiled, I cannot tell what version of the source code is being used. However, according to the README, it appears to be SDL 2.0.7. It is possible that Hatari 2.2 is making different SDL calls than 2.1 which could be causing the problem with the particular SDL framework that is used.

I manually compiled Hatari for macOS from the source code.I compiled it with the 2.0.9 SDL Framework. I was able to get Hatari to work correctly so I am hopeful an updated macOS binary will be available. It does not include the portmidi framework since I do not use MIDI at all in Hatari. In full screen mode, I sometimes see garbage on the left and right-hand borders outside of the ST screen. However, I can get the garbage to disappear by alternating between windowed and full-screen mode a couple of times.

Here is my compilation of Hatari:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v89mrdmw8wn3 ... 2.zip?dl=0

Bob C

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:35 am

tommo wrote:Hi Nicolas,
Your fix is good!

I used unpk indeed for bcd -> text.

Thanks!

Very quick fix by the way.

Thanks, but too bad this bug was not seen before release. I think an Hatari version 2.2.1 will be needed, with some fixes for the macOS issues once the causes are found.
Nicolas
Last edited by npomarede on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darwinmac
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darwinmac » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:54 pm

There appears to be some progress on the macOS Hatari build. The maintainer sent a link to the mailing list of a new build using the SDL 2.0.9 framework. It worked on his Mac that failed before and it worked successfully on my Mac. I am hopeful this new build will be available shortly from the Hatari website soon. I am sure an announcement will be made here at AF when that is done.

Bob C

darwinmac
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darwinmac » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 am

It appears an updated macOS binary was uploaded to the Hatari website on 3 February. That version should resolve the problems that some people saw on the original macOS binary of Hatari 2.2.

Bob C

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Hatari 2.2.1 has been released

Postby npomarede » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:53 am

Hi
version 2.2.1 was released ; it fixes the 'UNPK' bug and the macOS display problems.
Top message of this section was udpated.

Nicolas

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”