Postby nagual » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Aha, I see...
Thank you for answer:-)

Faucon2001
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Good Setup For Magic 6?

Postby Faucon2001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am

For Aranym you can use TOS 4.04 or Emutos.
Philippe

Firebee, Falcon, STE, Aranym Box, Hatari Pi Box.
My music http://www.philippeworld.net/
My photography http://phil-67.deviantart.com/
EasyAraMint, BeeKey and BeePi https://sites.google.com/site/emaappsarch/home

Playmobil
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Playmobil » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Happy to see you again @Faucon2001 :cheers:

I was worried about you, we did not see you since the earthquake in Mexico ...

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:06 pm

nagual wrote:Well, I try latest EmuTOS 0.9.8 and I'm not satisfied at all :(
It's fast indeed, but can't save desktop configuration, can't start any of programs...pretty weird though...
I thought that maybe is problem with permissions (I use Linux Mint), but, everything was OK.

Of course I used EmuTOS 0.9.8 for Aranym, but try a "regular" EmuTOS too..no luck...so, my TOS404 is still main TOS:-)

As you mention TOS 4.04, I'm wondering whether you're using disk images instead of hostfs? EmuTOS v0.9.8 works fine for me without any issues, but I don't use any hard disk images as hostfs is so much more convenient (and faster).

As to disk images, while EmuTOS supports larger range of HW than most HD drivers do, EmuTOS support for different partition table types and file systems is more limited than with them, *and* it doesn't run installed HD driver automatically at boot.

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:
nagual wrote:Well, I try latest EmuTOS 0.9.8 and I'm not satisfied at all :(
It's fast indeed, but can't save desktop configuration, can't start any of programs...pretty weird though...
I thought that maybe is problem with permissions (I use Linux Mint), but, everything was OK.

Of course I used EmuTOS 0.9.8 for Aranym, but try a "regular" EmuTOS too..no luck...so, my TOS404 is still main TOS:-)

As you mention TOS 4.04, I'm wondering whether you're using disk images instead of hostfs? EmuTOS v0.9.8 works fine for me without any issues, but I don't use any hard disk images as hostfs is so much more convenient (and faster).

As to disk images, while EmuTOS supports larger range of HW than most HD drivers do, EmuTOS support for different partition table types and file systems is more limited than with them, *and* it doesn't run installed HD driver automatically at boot.

Yes, I was using disk images...
Because disk images is for me more convenient solution, I can't risk any accidental loss of data from real HDD, which is realistic option..
I have absolutely no doubt that EmuTOS is good and flexible, but, as I said, TOS404 and disk images is my main system:-)

FatRakoon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby FatRakoon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:42 pm

As usual, I am always a bit late into many threads, mainly cos Im a pleb, but there you go!

Magic v6.2 works absolutely flawlessly in my TT, and has done ever since I got it about 20 or so years ago.
My TT started life with 2MB then 2+4 then 2+16 and now its 10+16 and this has allowed me to play with MiNT a lot more, but I very much prefer Magic and so there its being kept at... Magic with Jinnee, plus a load of silly extras that make it a real dream to work with.

My Falcon simply despises Magic.

I dont know how it will work in 030 mode, I assume it should be fine, but sod that... Why bothjer with 030 mode at 16Mhz when it can run in 060 mode and 120Mhz.

Just my 2p worth
MSTE @ 16Mhz : 4MB+8MB : Magic & Jinnee
TT030 @ 32Mhz : 10+16MB : Magic & Jinnee
Falcon060 @ 95Mhz : 16+512MB : MiNT & Jinnee
More PCs than PC World has... Probably

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”