A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

bruceiow
Atarian
Atarian

Axis Issue in Hatari RetroPie

Postby bruceiow » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi All,

I am desperately trying to get my retropie cab up and running with Hatari. Its great having the original stuff, but sometimes I like to have a quick game without having to drag everything out of the cupboard :-)

So, Hatari is up and running on the pi and ive got my old games in there and they all run. bingo.

My problem is with the control. I have tried several controllers but I cant get one totally hooked up and running. I started with a logitech usb joystick (fairly old) it was recognised but the only axis that did anything was "up" and that made bomb jack go left lol.

Next was the PS3 sixaxis, that I could get the axis mapping correct so left meant left and right meant right, but fire was select which was right next the the analogue stick being used for the control. Not ideal at all.

Last ditch was the zero delay arcade stick and buttons I built in to my cab. It recognizes as "Dragon Rise Usb". This one I know from retroarch uses axis -3+3-0+0. So out of the box hatari clearly isnt going to like that too much.. predictable results, bomb jack is upsidedown and back to front lol.

So I went in to joy.c changed the axis table to 3,0 which improved things to the point the left went right and up went down.. at was less of a brain f than it was.

I tried to change the axis map to -3,-0 in joy.c recompiled and installed but saw no improvement.

Can anyone offer me any advice on how I can get things working correct?? I am a coder by trade so not fussed about hitting the code if needs be.. I really really really really want this to work lol!!!!

troed
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Axis Issue in Hatari RetroPie

Postby troed » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:27 pm

bruceiow wrote:Next was the PS3 sixaxis, that I could get the axis mapping correct so left meant left and right meant right, but fire was select which was right next the the analogue stick being used for the control. Not ideal at all.

This is where I'm stuck as well currently. I know there have been posts on the Hatari devlist about RetroArch patches and I think jumping in there (it's currently not in the official tree) would be your best bet.

I can only assume there's some hardcoding going on between the events from the Sixaxis in RetroArch and how that's then presented to the RetroArch Hatari. (Which is still v1.9.0, another issue).

See https://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists. ... 00044.html

/Troed

bruceiow
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Axis Issue in Hatari RetroPie

Postby bruceiow » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Are the 20 patches in the git repo somewhere?

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”