Xbox 360 controllers and Hatari on OSX (Yosemite)

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

felicemaggie
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Xbox 360 controllers and Hatari on OSX (Yosemite)

Postby felicemaggie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Has anyone managed to properly configure an Xbox 360 controller to work with Hatari, running on OSX Yosemite ?

I have been trying some of Ppera's game compilations that were released a while ago, quite a lot of these are unplayable via any kind of USB-based
joystick or gamepad system.

Would be interesting to hear how others play the games via emulation on OSX and what pads they use.
Atari Falcon x 4 (including a broken one that I need to get fixed), Atari Mega STe (4mb, TOS 2.05), Atari STe (1mb), Atari 4160 STe (4mb, TOS 1.62), Atari STFM (2.5mb), Atari 800xl with Ultimate 1mb upgrade and SIO2SD (a fantastic upgrade, definitely worth it).
Other formats used sometimes as well for necessity's sake :)

millap
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Xbox 360 controllers and Hatari on OSX (Yosemite)

Postby millap » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi,

Have never tried with an Xbox controller before, but I have used a DualShock4 and a number of other USB HID devices including a Speedlink Black Widow HOTAS controller. I use a software app called ControllerMate by OrderedBytes. Haven't included a link, but you can Google it and will find it straight away. You can download a free demo and give it a try before you buy.

I normally create a custom key map file in Hatari for each game and then map the Atari ST keys to Mac alternatives. You can then configure ControllerMate to press those keys for each button on your gamepad. Works great with flight sims. Currently playing Gunship and reliving some fond memories from 30 years ago.

Give the software a try and let me know how it goes. Happy to help with the config and key mapping stuff if you get stuck.

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”