Minimal multitask configuration for Hatari

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Minimal multitask configuration for Hatari

Postby sashapont » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:25 pm

OL wrote:The fix for Yopla was not good at all finally, there was possible issue redraw with icon in some case

I have updated the archive there is some other small fix.

Olivier

Thank you very mach for you work! It works fine on Hatari!
Do you have Maxi configuration for Hatari?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:25 pm

sashapont wrote:
OL wrote:The fix for Yopla was not good at all finally, there was possible issue redraw with icon in some case

I have updated the archive there is some other small fix.

Olivier

Thank you very mach for you work! It works fine on Hatari!
Do you have Maxi configuration for Hatari?

I have not but is it really useful? I have several configuration for Aranym, so a more complex system should be possible, I have no time for this, today I'm working on a new desktop using less memory than Teradesk. I was thinking it was nice idea to propose it with MyAES 0.97 version that is finished now.
This configuration is quite easy to modify as all is on host file system, if something wrong just remove it!, now freemint propose daily snapshot, it is very nice work of Mikro, should be easy to update this configuration.

Olivier
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:26 am

Thank you for answer. New desktop with less memory it is good.... may be you can give me same advice how I can use 65k colors and replace Teradesk to Thing?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:06 pm

sashapont wrote:Thank you for answer. New desktop with less memory it is good.... may be you can give me same advice how I can use 65k colors and replace Teradesk to Thing?

This is simple

for desktop just edit text file desktop.cnf :
Hatari/HDD/gemsys/myaes/desktop.cnf

just correct the path for shell

For 65K resolution, you need use Falcon ROM with Falcon emulation, and edit file myaes.cnf
Hatari/HDD/gemsys/myaes/myaes.cnf
search rezmode and vsetmode values and put this values:

rezmode = 3
vsetmode = 28

set RGB screen in Hatari and it should work fine.

Olivier
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:05 am

Thank you! It works!!! What can you say about task bar integration?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 am

sashapont wrote:Thank you! It works!!! What can you say about task bar integration?

Sorry I not understand your question, if you want to see MyAES demonstration (not under Hatari!)

http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/myaes097demo.mp4

There is some feature of Yopla described.

Soon Mdesk demonstration a new desktop coming with new MyAES

Olivier
OL

paulwratt
Atari User
Atari User

Postby paulwratt » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:27 pm

I have to say Olivier, that is probably the best ST desktop demo I have seen since Zorro made the un-release Zdesk update.

I can see why you are looking at "new release" of MyAES.

I am about to test MyHatari on a new release of PCE-atarist, now that I have the Viking monitor driver, 1280x960 mono

PCE does not have access to hostFS so I just finished zipping it onto 7 1.44Mb disks (an 8th disk contains PCE free commanline and unzip tools) which I hope to release, possibly there is someone who has a 68000 with 1.44Mb disk. If this tests out OK, I may redo it for 720Kb if there is demand

Note that the only file that could not be squashed was the TOS_HYP.HYP

on a Aranym side note, Mikro is busy putting NFexec, which I could in theory use to provide chrome as a background image for a "webTOS", with MyAES sitting over the top of it, so I expect to see a new ST desktop demo of MyAES with a functioning Chromium running as background image, MP3 playing in MxPlay, pmdoom in a window and Quake3 in another window (also using NFexec), all on a RPi2 .. but it may be a while coming :)

Thanks for your hard work over these last years, muchly appreciated dude

Paul

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Is it possible in this configuration set background image to desktop?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:44 pm

sashapont wrote:Is it possible in this configuration set background image to desktop?

No it is not possible on this 68000 version design to reduce as possible memory use

To be able to have background image you should use this version:

http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/myaes097beta.zip

and rename in myhatari\Drive\gemsys\myaes\libs jpeg.ld in jpeg.ldg
should work need enough memory, 68020 and minimum 256 color

Olivier
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:12 am

Yes it works! Thank you!!! Is it possible to set resolution more than 640*480?

Is it thing or teradesk? Which task bar is used?
http://myaes.lutece.net/images/aniplay.png

And I have video glitches like this
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Gyou/MNnqDhv5C

How I can fix it?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:16 am

For higher resolution, you can use the option of Hatari of "extended VDI resolution" but it is limited to 16 colors
Never tested but in theory you should be able to use Falcon Videl resolution extension as "Videl Inside" I use succesfully under Aranym (1024*800!).

Task bar display is ztask from Zorro

Video glitches, I don't know I have not this on the several configuration test by users on real hardware, and I have not on my Hatari configuration (I need verify the proposed configuration I only test the minimal version).

Olivier

sashapont wrote:Yes it works! Thank you!!! Is it possible to set resolution more than 640*480?

Is it thing or teradesk? Which task bar is used?
http://myaes.lutece.net/images/aniplay.png

And I have video glitches like this
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Gyou/MNnqDhv5C

How I can fix it?
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:46 am

Glitches in all http://logitron.atari.free.fr games... In minimal configuration too...

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:40 am

sashapont wrote:Glitches in all http://logitron.atari.free.fr games... In minimal configuration too...

And I can't reproduce, probably an hatari option, not a MyAES issue, it's not the first time.

OL
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Can you upload working hatari config without glitches?

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:50 pm

sashapont wrote:Glitches in all http://logitron.atari.free.fr games... In minimal configuration too...

These games most likely doesn't run properly on other AES/mint setups either, and they make very bad test cases.

Stick to GEM applications for GEM stuff, preferably ones known to work properly on a multitasking setup.
Ain't no space like PeP-space.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:04 pm

shoggoth wrote:

These games most likely doesn't run properly on other AES/mint setups either, and they make very bad test cases.

Stick to GEM applications for GEM stuff, preferably ones known to work properly on a multitasking setup.

Thanks for answer I not understand the issue in fact I thought it was under the desk, ok I see, of course there issue with this type of application (old game), the software think it is alone not put any desktop or full windows and draw directly to the screen without asking anything to AES, how it can work in multitask system? There is no singletask emulation un MyAES and it is not design for this. So nothing relative to Hatari, and I not plane to include anything like this in MyAES I not see any interest, just run only with TOS or Emutos, ths is the best.

Olivier
OL

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:23 pm

OL wrote:
shoggoth wrote:

Thanks for answer I not understand the issue in fact I thought it was under the desk, ok I see, of course there issue with this type of application (old game), the software think it is alone not put any desktop or full windows and draw directly to the screen without asking anything to AES, how it can work in multitask system? There is no singletask emulation un MyAES and it is not design for this. So nothing relative to Hatari, and I not plane to include anything like this in MyAES I not see any interest, just run only with TOS or Emutos, ths is the best.

Olivier

Actually, fullscreen apps can be very multitasking-friendly; that's why we have a physical and a logical screen (the AES/VDI always draws on the logical screen, and the fullscreen application gets to have it's own private screen by modifying the physical screen address). In practice, fullscreen stuff often do other nasty stuff which prevents it from working properly.

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:59 am

What about 1024*768 64k? I try write 5180, but it is not work :(

shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Postby shoggoth » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Modecodes in decimal format is somewhat confusing imo. Would it be possible to add support for hexadecimal values ($), OL?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:59 pm

shoggoth wrote:Modecodes in decimal format is somewhat confusing imo. Would it be possible to add support for hexadecimal values ($), OL?

The problem for me for hexadecimal is that I'm able compil MyAES without any libc, so I need to write hexadecimal read, it's a bit of work decimal is far more easy!

Olivier
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:55 am

Is it possible to change settings for 1024*768 64k without MyAES recompil?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:10 pm

sashapont wrote:Is it possible to change settings for 1024*768 64k without MyAES recompil?

If you have a tool to do this resolution of course yes but this is far more than standard Falcon resolution, this is not an AES problem this is VDI problem, try with "videl inside" I don't know if it run with Hatari probably yes(it work with Aranym for sure) and try to do configuration with it.

Olivier
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:40 am

I try ro use run ztask and write in myaes.cnf run C:\tools\ztask\ztask.app
ztask starts and there are no any desktop shortcuts& Shortcuts are shown after click to desktop. How I can fix that?

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:26 pm

OL, Can you upload your configuration for aranym?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:45 pm

sashapont wrote:I try ro use run ztask and write in myaes.cnf run C:\tools\ztask\ztask.app
ztask starts and there are no any desktop shortcuts& Shortcuts are shown after click to desktop. How I can fix that?

Sorry for delay I was in vacation!

This is probably normal, if an application strat after an other and open a window, this application receive keyboard focus, so in this case Ztask as Ztask is an application as an other, you should restore focus thanks to left menu choosing desktop or if there is a desktop window, just top the window. In the case of Yopla the opened window is special always on top but this application not receive the focus in any case.
I think you can force to do the same for Ztask adding option:
app_topmost ZTASK

as ztask not use very well timer in AES with MyAES it take ressource it should not so I propose to add too:
app_cool ZTASK

Yopla take more space on screen but provide far more useful options I think and if you don't like position it is easy to modify option in yopla.cnf and icon can be easily update adding png files 32 bit format.

Olivier
OL

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”