A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Minimal multitask configuration for Hatari

Postby OL » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:
OL wrote:Screenshot: With wich software do you try, I not notice this and wich CPU speed?

Just TeraDesk that starts automatically when myhatari.zip content is "booted". Machine was 8MB (or 14MB) ST (i.e. 8Mhz) with mono monitor.

I try to reproduce this and I can't of course redraw take some time! at 8Mhz don't forget it is full multitask GEM interface even menu are windows, managing menu not lock at all system under MyAES so it is far slower than under TOS GEM and I think for other AES it lock screen too so at 8Mhz it's really not fast but I don't know if nobody never use GEM multitask system with 8Mhz computer. I could add an option to display menu as classical TOS GEM, should be possible. MyAES is able to record up to 256 message per application but if there is more we can lost messages, I don't think it is possible in this case.

I have found a bug redraw if you try open disk B an alert is displayed when we close the window looks still be present in windows list, and redraw at the alert widow place is not possible, I should put a window on top to display correctly again, this is a bug I have to understand.

Olivier
OL

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:18 pm

I cannot anymore reproduce redraws of rest of the system also starting to be left behind, but the first issue is easy to reproduce:
- Click on "Desk" -> "Acc ->" -> "Control Panel"
- Click either on time or date field
- Press Enter
- Press Enter again

Normally Enter in Control Panel top level closes the dialog, but if one has used Enter to exit text edit, the dialog doesn't go fully away.

Anyway, I'm far more interested about what's causing the SCC register accesses at myaes68k.prg startup. If you could find out what component / library causes that, it would help a lot in deciding what to do for Hatari SCC register emulation.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:I cannot anymore reproduce redraws of rest of the system also starting to be left behind, but the first issue is easy to reproduce:
- Click on "Desk" -> "Acc ->" -> "Control Panel"
- Click either on time or date field
- Press Enter
- Press Enter again

Normally Enter in Control Panel top level closes the dialog, but if one has used Enter to exit text edit, the dialog doesn't go fully away.

Anyway, I'm far more interested about what's causing the SCC register accesses at myaes68k.prg startup. If you could find out what component / library causes that, it would help a lot in deciding what to do for Hatari SCC register emulation.

Thanks to your information, I understand it's not MyAES interesting you!
I can reproduce the issue, and I look at what I put on archive and I'm very surprise I put xcontrol that really not work correctly with multitask system, generally I use zcontrol that work fine. I will try to find why it's a bit strange just for more compatibility with this very old software coming from single tos.

I have compiled MyAES in mini configuration so without mintlib and a mini crt0, it still crash :-(

If you put myaes68k.prg in auto rather mint000.prg, MyAES start without problem. So I think it come in Mint, perhaps it is link to Helmut version, I don't know if this version work on real TT.

There is something not very nice in Hatari (Windows version but I think it is the same on other system), the management of mouse is not nice at all, Hatari not report correctly in system the host position if user come too fast inside the window. No software to add? No solution?

Olivier
OL

helmut
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby helmut » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:41 pm

I can confirm the mint000 from me does not run on the TT-emulation in hatari (1.9) using the latest emutos (0.9.7), but the mint030 from me and trunk don't run either (it's not related to the missing TOSFS). All other emulations work, including falcon.

I haven't tested the mint000 on a real TT but I'm using the 030-version without problems.

hatari 2.0 does not work at all as I already mentioned.

Concerning mouse: I can't move into the lower 3rd of the atari-screen sometimes, but right now it works.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:10 pm

OL wrote:Finally I have updated the configuration, probably still buggy but I think far better.

- Fix Teradesk issue on empty folder thanks to Djordjé help.
- Mint is now use normally (no special patch for mint mini configuration), Helmut fix dragdrop issue.
- No more MyAES special minimum version for the moment until sprintf emulation still not fixed.

This version can start in 4MB but difficult to said it is usefull.

http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/myhatari.zip

Olivier

New version:

Add speed option to speed up menu, no redraw request on close as on singletos, this speed up a lot but in multitask in some case can have redraw issue (for example when window open while menu is displayed). I think find a solution for most issue soon but really at 8Mhz sending redraw for all is too slow.

Replace xcontrol by zcontrol now work nice.

Add Qed fo tests

The crash case of stguide.acc looks quite strange, as I understand stguide call fsel_exinput() but something is wrong as file selector is not displayed, it return from aes then crash (exactly when I don't know), in 68020emulation it work! Strange to understand.

Olivier
OL

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:07 pm

helmut wrote:I can confirm the mint000 from me does not run on the TT-emulation in hatari (1.9) using the latest emutos (0.9.7), but the mint030 from me and trunk don't run either (it's not related to the missing TOSFS). All other emulations work, including falcon.

Does it die when accessing SCC register(s), like happens with MyAES? Then I think it's MiNT bug, its HW discovery checks for bus error (which tells that SCC isn't present), but for some reason doesn't handle that right...

OL wrote:The crash case of stguide.acc looks quite strange, as I understand stguide call fsel_exinput() but something is wrong as file selector is not displayed, it return from aes then crash (exactly when I don't know), in 68020emulation it work!

Are you sure your stguide.acc isn't actually a 020+ version of ST-Guide?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:24 am

Eero Tamminen wrote:
helmut wrote:I can confirm the mint000 from me does not run on the TT-emulation in hatari (1.9) using the latest emutos (0.9.7), but the mint030 from me and trunk don't run either (it's not related to the missing TOSFS). All other emulations work, including falcon.

Does it die when accessing SCC register(s), like happens with MyAES? Then I think it's MiNT bug, its HW discovery checks for bus error (which tells that SCC isn't present), but for some reason doesn't handle that right...

OL wrote:The crash case of stguide.acc looks quite strange, as I understand stguide call fsel_exinput() but something is wrong as file selector is not displayed, it return from aes then crash (exactly when I don't know), in 68020emulation it work!

Are you sure your stguide.acc isn't actually a 020+ version of ST-Guide?

Absolutely sure this 68000 version of STGuide, I do this simple test: rename stguide.acc to stguide.prg then dragdrop on icon an hyp file, it open and display fine as I can see all is running correctly, then I select floppy icon on stguide interface to load an hyp file, same it crash file selector is not display, MyAES return from fsel_exinput() and the crash. Quite strange. I will try soon to look what I receive in parameters looks something wrong, I willl said more perhaps tonight if I have time.

Olivier
OL

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:00 pm

You can use Hatari to trace AES calls:

Code: Select all

GEMDOS 0x4E Fsfirst("C:\HOME\ST-GUIDE.INF", 0x37) at PC 0xFA002A
GEMDOS 0x4E Fsfirst("C:\ST-GUIDE.INF", 0x37) at PC 0xFA002A
AES call 125 shel_envrn()
AES call  13 appl_find(addrin: "DESKTOP ")
AES call  12 appl_write(intin: 0x5,0x10)
AES call  79 graf_mkstate()
AES call  91 fsel_exinput(addrin: "C:\acc\*.HYP", "", "ST-Guide: Open Hypertext")
Address Error at address $300505, PC=$f5708 addr_e3=f5708 op_e3=3950

Set breakpoints in AES calls:

b AesOpcode = 91

And check what all the values are:

1. CPU breakpoint condition(s) matched 1 times.
   AesOpcode = 91

CPU=$2ffc32, VBL=2001, FrameCycles=85840, HBL=95, LineCycles=720, DSP=$0
$002ffc32 : 4e42                               trap      #2
> step
AES call  91 fsel_exinput(addrin: "C:\acc\*.HYP", "", "ST-Guide: Open Hypertext")

CPU=$f6304, VBL=2001, FrameCycles=85876, HBL=95, LineCycles=756, DSP=$0
$000f6304 : 0c40 00c8                          cmpi.w    #$c8,d0
> info aes
Latest AES Parameter block:
- Opcode:  91 (fsel_exinput)
- Control: 0x302fcc
- Global:  0x302fd6, 30 bytes
- Intin:   0x300505, 0 words
- Intout:  0x302cf4, 2 words
- Addrin:  0x302d00, 3 longs
- Addrout:        0, 0 longs
> m 0x302d00
00302D00: 00 30 30 3c 00 30 2d 1e 00 30 19 b7 00 30 2d 1c   .00<.0-..0...0-.
00302D10: 00 30 30 3a 00 30 2d 90 00 30 2d 8e 04 10 00 10   .00:.0-..0-.....

Note that you need to step the trap instruction before you'll see AES parameter block content for that trap call.

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:12 pm

helmut wrote:Concerning mouse: I can't move into the lower 3rd of the atari-screen sometimes, but right now it works.

When you move mouse to Hatari window, you may need to move it to window edges a bit to sync host and emulated Atari idea about mouse position. If that doesn't help, emulated program uses IKBD in relative mode, and interprets values with different scaling factor(s) than TOS (so far we know only 2 such programs; Hextracker & Rainbow II Multimedia).

In that case, you either need to switch to fullscreen (which implies mouse grab), or use AltGr+M to toggle mouse grab in windowed mode. Mouse grab guarantees that host & Atari mouse keep in sync.

FYI:
- If you want to use some free, single key for mouse grab, you can configure that from Hatari config file.
- if you're annoyed that Hatari centers host mouse to Hatari window when (Falcon) resolution changes or emulated machine boots (that's what TOS does to mouse on resolution changes), you can disable it with "--mousewarp off". Personally, I prefer fullscreen or mouse grab over that behavior.

helmut
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby helmut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:19 pm

As for the mouse I guess it's related to TOS 2.6 (I have 1280x960x1), using EmuTOS I don't see this problem.

helmut
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby helmut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:26 pm

OL wrote:

I crashes when it launches the init-program (INIT=ash, or GEM=xaloader both crash), inside sys_pexec or short after. I don't think it checks the SCC at this point. I just have no time to trace this.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:57 pm

OL wrote:
Absolutely sure this 68000 version of STGuide, I do this simple test: rename stguide.acc to stguide.prg then dragdrop on icon an hyp file, it open and display fine as I can see all is running correctly, then I select floppy icon on stguide interface to load an hyp file, same it crash file selector is not display, MyAES return from fsel_exinput() and the crash. Quite strange. I will try soon to look what I receive in parameters looks something wrong, I willl said more perhaps tonight if I have time.

Olivier

Ok I have evaluated fsel_exinput crash, it was crashing in AES, I fixed the evaluation inside a call or not, then I found the bug, it was something I add to record some data to understand the Teradesk crash on empty folder! Try to record intin data not defined by Stguide in this case.

Fix possible redraw issue on accelerated menu, most of time should display fast and in some case as with Qed it will be as before, by default this option is set.

I have verified resolution change and for me it work, pay attention under Emutos, extended Falcon resolution will never be set by MyAES as Emutos not yet support extended resolution set by opnwk()

I have add mint setter accessory

I have compare display under Emutos and TOS 1.6 and really TOS is far faster than emutos in B&W!

zip file have been updated

Have fun

Olivier
OL

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 pm

helmut wrote:I crashes when it launches the init-program (INIT=ash, or GEM=xaloader both crash), inside sys_pexec or short after. I don't think it checks the SCC at this point. I just have no time to trace this.

What error Hatari shows on console when that happens? Is it e.g. bus error, and for what address?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:09 pm

Hello,

I have updated archived, find bug compilation option with GCC and fix several issue in MyAES

Olivier
OL

BlankVector
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby BlankVector » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:25 am

Slightly out of topic, but your MyAES configuration just works fine on EmuTOS for Amiga :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:48 am

BlankVector wrote:Slightly out of topic, but your MyAES configuration just works fine on EmuTOS for Amiga :D

Very good news!

Thanks Vincent

Olivier
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 pm

OL wrote:Hello,

I have updated archived, find bug compilation option with GCC and fix several issue in MyAES

Olivier

New version, mint was not called because mint was renamed (I not test the good archive :-( ), so fixed

New MyAES version reducing memory used of 210Ko.

Now Mint + MyAES + Teradesk in black and white can work in 4Mo it stay 790Ko only (Qed can run), target now is to have more than 1Mo of free memory.

Olivier
OL

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 pm

grab0001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Cyprian wrote:grab0001.png

Impossible to reproduce this, try several screen resolution, CPU config, system config, except issue in TT mode and minimal 4Mo of memory. Hatari 2.0.0

Looks run as it should, known a several MyAES bugs still waiting fix, one already fixed but without link to this crash. I not see.

Olivier
OL

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:36 am

another one
grab0002.png

and more crash after run lopan.prg and press different function keys
A_grab0004.png
A_grab0003.png
A_grab0002.png
A_grab0001.png
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Cyprian wrote:another onegrab0002.png
and more crash after run lopan.prg and press different function keys
A_grab0004.pngA_grab0003.pngA_grab0002.pngA_grab0001.png

Hello,

I don't know what is specific in your configuration because I'm not able to reproduce this too.

I receive the message :
"1 bit colour not supported
Couldn't set display mode: No video mode large enough for 640*400"

This message is ok, SDL need minimum 256 colors. You have updated full archive? Lopan have been updated several times and possible crash on unsupported display have been fixed.

No explanation, I use windows version of Hatari

hatari.jpg

I have finally updated the archive in case of something wrong in it, MyAES updated to fix screen issue (should not chnage anything in your issue)

Olivier
OL

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:07 pm

try my setup: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9myA ... TIzS0ZpN0E
my STE configuration file "cfgSTE.cfg"
Start Lopan and after message "1 bit colour depth..." press some keys e.g ."F2"

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Hello Cyprian,

I have downloaded it and try, and as you mention it crash all the time and for a reason I not understand double click not work but it work with the button center. I'm going to add a page up at MyAES start to not have broken display with message of Lopan.

I modified some Hatari configuration to see if I can fix the issue after several not working trials, finally no more crash all work nice without change anything in the Atari system, the double click issue is still here and I notice system lost some small memory, I don't know if it is link to Mint or MyAES, I will try to check this in MyAES if I can find something. The problem is I dont know what is the change I have made to fix the issue! So now I going to download again your configuration and find the configuration issue. Now I know the directory should be put in C folder directly I will not lost time for change path as I have done in first.

Cyprian wrote:try my setup: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9myA ... TIzS0ZpN0E
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:25 pm

Reload the archive put in C folder, load the config, restart and it work now, no crash

Can't help, I'm afraid, I don't know why it work first and not now

Olivier

OL wrote:Hello Cyprian,

I have downloaded it and try, and as you mention it crash all the time and for a reason I not understand double click not work but it work with the button center. I'm going to add a page up at MyAES start to not have broken display with message of Lopan.

I modified some Hatari configuration to see if I can fix the issue after several not working trials, finally no more crash all work nice without change anything in the Atari system, the double click issue is still here and I notice system lost some small memory, I don't know if it is link to Mint or MyAES, I will try to check this in MyAES if I can find something. The problem is I dont know what is the change I have made to fix the issue! So now I going to download again your configuration and find the configuration issue. Now I know the directory should be put in C folder directly I will not lost time for change path as I have done in first.

Cyprian wrote:try my setup: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9myA ... TIzS0ZpN0E
OL

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:46 am

thanks

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”