Minimal multitask configuration for Hatari

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Minimal multitask configuration for Hatari

Postby OL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:55 pm

sashapont wrote:OL, Can you upload your configuration for aranym?

Yes of course what you expect to find in this configuration, because I have several. I suppose you want something with video more compatible than fVDI using Videl extension as I alreday describe using videl inside. I have this in very basic configuration need TOS4 to run.

If you want in more Mint + MyAES I have to build it, I have only configuration with fVDI with this components but of course it is possible to do it, just need a bit time to do it.

ara_videl_inside.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 am

Thank you! Can you explain, how to map joystick to keyboard in aranym?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:37 pm

sashapont wrote:Thank you! Can you explain, how to map joystick to keyboard in aranym?

I don't know, I think Aranym itself not do this.

You still want Aranym config with videl inside in simple TOS configuration?
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 pm

I want very much you configuration with myAes for aranym with tos (without emutos) with big resolution and true color :) And without hard disk images (if it possible)

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:47 pm

sashapont wrote:I want very much you configuration with myAes for aranym with tos (without emutos) with big resolution and true color :) And without hard disk images (if it possible)

All this conditions are not possible!

TOS and without hard disk image is not possible under Aranym, without image disk need Emutos, but really I not see any interest to use TOS if you want in same time true color (32 bits so fVDI), MyAES and Mint, because Mint replace near all Emutos use only to boot because with fVDI you probably lost compatibility and TOS vs Emutos only add DSP management and I think most software using DSP (if it work not sure) will don't like fVDI I think. The configuration of the video is with Emutos.

Olivier
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 pm

And wat can you say about tos games under emutos? I cannot start anything :( tomoraw I try to upload my arcanaranym config with myaes without hard disk images...

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:10 pm

In general you shouldn't have EmuTOS related problems with games under Aranym.

The main remaining issues with EmuTOS and games are...

Bugs in games that EmuTOS can do nothing about:
  • Dirty, floppy-only, TOS-version specific games that happen to work just by pure luck on real TOS (not to overwrite themselves etc). Just use HD fixed versions of those
  • STOS games that use undocumented, TOS-version specific memory addresses to handle input. Just use versions fixed for newer TOS versions instead

Missing EmuTOS Falcon features:
  • Games using DSP e.g. for music. EmuTOS doesn't have DSP functions support yet, but Aranym's DSP support isn't accurate enough for games either, so it doesn't matter
  • Few games that require TOS support for setting or using 16-bit HiColor mode. If it's GEM game, just use VDI replacement like fVDI

I.e. in summary, the only games issue with EmuTOS on Aranym is with non-GEM Falcon games requiring 16-bit HiColor mode, and which use XBios() call to set the 16-bit mode instead of poking the regs directly. There aren't that many of them.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 am

sashapont wrote:And wat can you say about tos games under emutos? I cannot start anything :( tomoraw I try to upload my arcanaranym config with myaes without hard disk images...

9 years ago I have done a page of Aranym (http://aranym.lutece.net), it is outdated but minimal Falcon configuration should still work, I'm looking to update it soon.
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:20 pm

It is link to aranym configuration without hd images with tos and with true color.
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/MMie/fwN2dtm8V

Please can you help me configure keyboard for joystick emulation? And fix problem with ztask start?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 pm

sashapont wrote:It is link to aranym configuration without hd images with tos and with true color.
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/MMie/fwN2dtm8V

Please can you help me configure keyboard for joystick emulation? And fix problem with ztask start?

I know very well this configuration I have done it!

But it have been lightly modified as I can see adding a floppy drive with Auto folder (it replace the HD image)

For Joystick emulation, I have already answer and the answer is no I don't know how to do this, perhaps someone know an Joystick emulator for Atari?

For the second I have also anwer and I think yes.
OL

sashapont
Atariator
Atariator

Postby sashapont » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Thank you! Fix for task is working.
What we have in this moment
1. In Hatari we have joystick emulation but there are no emulation for high resolution, true color and network
2. In Aranym we have high resolution, true color and network, but undocumented joystick emulation :( And same games (also modern try prince of Persia from games folder) is not work

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:45 pm

sashapont wrote:Thank you! Fix for task is working.
What we have in this moment
1. In Hatari we have joystick emulation but there are no emulation for high resolution, true color and network
2. In Aranym we have high resolution, true color and network, but undocumented joystick emulation :( And same games (also modern try prince of Persia from games folder) is not work

Just replace in Drive/gemsys/myaes/ the content of this zip file
app_conf.zip

Notice I give you the answer in a previous message
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OL

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”