A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

Dybdal
Atarian
Atarian

Hatari fullscreen help

Postby Dybdal » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:31 pm

Hey everyone!

Got a question regarding fullscreen options in Hatari.
Been fiderling around with the emulator and so far the only reasonable fullscreen borderless options i've been able to manage has been stretched to width leaving a thick border at both the top & bottom of the screen instead of the sides (im assuming this is tied to how scaling is handled in my graphics card settings?) so i've got a few questions that i hope someone can provide an answer to.

- Is it possible to attain a stretched image in both Hight & Width to fill a 16:9 screen without black borders?
- Is it possible to get a fullscreened image with black borders on the sides of the image?

And sorry if these questions has been answered allready but i did attempt to look around the forum for answers to these questions allready and i didnt find any.

Regards: Dybdal

simonsunnyboy

Re: Hatari fullscreen help

Postby simonsunnyboy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:00 pm

Yes it is possible, atleast with the SDL2 build.

I am using "Keep desktop resolution in fullscreen" and SDL2 options "Use linear scaling" to get a more smoothed picture for the rediciulous large resolution compared to the ST output. This gives me a nice centered 4:3 ST screen with optional ST borders and black borders left and right of the emulated ST screen on a 16:9 TFT.
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”