Hatari on tablet device

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: Hatari on tablet device

Postby squall » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:27 am

You can adjust the volume of the MIDI synth in the MIDI settings (Volume Gain).

catmando
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby catmando » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:24 pm

squall wrote:You can adjust the volume of the MIDI synth in the MIDI settings (Volume Gain).

Cool, I'll loo for the option and try it out.
Atari Falcon Tos 4.04 | 14mb | IDE CF 2GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62 | 4mb | HxC Slim SD 8GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62/2.06 | 4mb | Floppy A-B Mod | IDE SD 4GB
Atari STFM
Android Devices (Running Hataroid and SToid)

Atari Forum Wiki - Use it before asking

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:06 pm

squall, this is great fun! I just tried Mortville Manor on my Pipo M6 pro (Android 4.2.2) with EmuTOS and everything seems to be running smoothly, except maybe for the sound that is somewhat blurry. But this may be due to the version of the game I have. I'll try another one.
Also, switching diskettes in-game is a breeze. :cheers:
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 am

@jfl
I don't think another version will help. I tried Mortville Manor with Hatari 1.80 on the Mac(OSX) and it has scratchy sounds as well.
Not sure if it's an emulation issue or if it just needs a low-pass filter over the audio.

catmando
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby catmando » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:27 am

@Squall

Does Hataroid support printer output? Either to a physical or virtual printer like PDF?
Atari Falcon Tos 4.04 | 14mb | IDE CF 2GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62 | 4mb | HxC Slim SD 8GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62/2.06 | 4mb | Floppy A-B Mod | IDE SD 4GB
Atari STFM
Android Devices (Running Hataroid and SToid)

Atari Forum Wiki - Use it before asking

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:24 pm

@catmando
Not at the moment. It's on the list, but not very high priority at the moment.

bkh205
Atarian
Atarian

Postby bkh205 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:42 am

Hi,

New to Hataroid and forums...

This software is fantastic! Thanks to all involved. My original ST boots up but won't read disks, so I've downloaded this app. It works at treat with chromecast and my sixaxis controller for joystick controlled games but I can't get the PS3 controller to control the mouse in mouse driven games like Midwinter and Star Wars. Either there's no response or the mouse moves across the screen and won't stop until I depress the R3 button. I've configured the keys, used the Old mouse behaviour, used the sixaxis tool to sync. What have I missed?

(oddly, on the copy protection screen on MidWinter, the mouse control works perfectly but not in game)

Thanks!

Brian

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:00 am

bkh205 wrote:Hi,

New to Hataroid and forums...

This software is fantastic! Thanks to all involved. My original ST boots up but won't read disks, so I've downloaded this app. It works at treat with chromecast and my sixaxis controller for joystick controlled games but I can't get the PS3 controller to control the mouse in mouse driven games like Midwinter and Star Wars. Either there's no response or the mouse moves across the screen and won't stop until I depress the R3 button. I've configured the keys, used the Old mouse behaviour, used the sixaxis tool to sync. What have I missed?

(oddly, on the copy protection screen on MidWinter, the mouse control works perfectly but not in game)

Thanks!

Brian

Welcome Brian!

I haven't emulated mouse controls with an external joystick controller yet (it's on my todo list). Midwinter let's you control the initial menu screens with both the mouse and joystick at the same time which is why it looks like it works.
I'm not sure how chromecast handles touch input for the mouse support, but I think another person on this forum has a chromecast who might be able to help.

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Would be possible to auto hide Hataroid buttons in fullscreen mode e.g. after 5 seconds?
They are a bit annoying during watching demos.
Screenshot_2015-11-03-16-08-30.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:33 am

Cyprian wrote:Would be possible to auto hide Hataroid buttons in fullscreen mode e.g. after 5 seconds?
They are a bit annoying during watching demos.
Screenshot_2015-11-03-16-08-30.png

I'll add an option in the next version when I start working on Hataroid again so it will auto hide after 5 seconds and auto show again when you touch the screen. If you want it to be permanently hidden, you can currently change the transparency in the options.

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:51 am

thanks.
what do you think about adding CRT TV filters?
http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2010/12 ... -snes.html
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Cyprian wrote:thanks.
what do you think about adding CRT TV filters?
http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2010/12 ... -snes.html

I actually put this in quickly as a test a long while ago before I got really busy.
I'm not sure if this will work on all devices yet, but the CRT shaders require a decent gpu (eg the adreno 330 on a galaxy S5 runs really nice).
The feature is not finished yet (eg Hyllian and custom options aren't implemented yet and I need a way to revert back if the device doesn't run it properly), but if anyone wants to try it out, here's a link to it:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03105119473075594424

Settings -> Display -> Shader Effects

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:48 pm

I've check Shader Effects and I really like that.
Scanline [Horz + Vert] and [Horz] look really cool. There is a subtle difference between [Horz + Vert] and [Horz] but for me the first one looks a bit better.
Curves from CRT-Geom Curved look really cool but [Horz + Vert] has a better scalines.

Another question.
In the GEM dialog boxes have a default button ("OK" on the screen shot below), which can be activated with "Return"/"Enter" key . This is a cool feature due to it's easier/quicker close a dialog box with "Return" than use a mouse.
I see an empty button near to "Alt" and "LSft", maybe would be possible to have "Return"/"Enter" key there.

Screenshot_2015-11-05-13-54-31.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Cyprian wrote:Another question.
In the GEM dialog boxes have a default button ("OK" on the screen shot below), which can be activated with "Return"/"Enter" key . This is a cool feature due to it's easier/quicker close a dialog box with "Return" than use a mouse.
I see an empty button near to "Alt" and "LSft", maybe would be possible to have "Return"/"Enter" key there.

The empty button is actually the space button . :P
You can customize what those buttons do in the options:

Settings -> Input -> Configure Shortcut Keys:
- Click 'New' to create a new mapping that you can modify
- Select a button you want to remap and choose the key you want it to use

The CRT shaders are more designed for higher resolution screens. You can see the difference if you zoom the screen.
Scanline Horz, Scanline Horz + Vert, CRT shader:

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Cyprian » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:25 am

squall wrote:You can customize what those buttons do in the options:

Settings -> Input -> Configure Shortcut Keys:
- Click 'New' to create a new mapping that you can modify
- Select a button you want to remap and choose the key you want it to use

Great. Would be cool to have also additional options like Pause, Cold Reset, Warm Reset etc. under "Configure Shortcut Keys".

One more question, would be possible to add a new button - left mouse button double click? That feature is implemented in Hatari (under middle mouse button) and it's usefull in Gem applications.

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:41 am

Cyprian wrote:Great. Would be cool to have also additional options like Pause, Cold Reset, Warm Reset etc. under "Configure Shortcut Keys".

One more question, would be possible to add a new button - left mouse button double click? That feature is implemented in Hatari (under middle mouse button) and it's usefull in Gem applications.

Yep, I'll add all those in the next version.

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:25 am

I recently installed Hataroid to put my Much W1 phone/tablet and it's gaming buttons to good use and couldn't help but notice a familiar looking keyboard drawing :) I did a bit of Googling and found this thread and thought I should clarify the following:

Thanks for the image. I had no idea you did the original picture! It's actually perfect for what I wanted to do and was actually the first thing I put in hataroid when I did the initial port a couple of years ago. But I got the picture from this link and thought it was someone else who did it:

That is my drawing done in Paint Shop Pro on my PC a few years ago, originally as a programming keycode helper but I also have a version without the scancodes and with the back end of the machine drawn in. The one in the previous post regarding an image for a mug looks like a modified version of my scancode diagram as the back of the machine is not what I drew (the grille angle is wrong) and the LED's have been recoloured. Just thought I should clear that up.

p.s. Hataroid is really good and I'm more than happy to see my gfx being put to good use :)
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:43 am

Incidentally is there a way I could control the emulated ST's mouse pointer with one of the analogue thumbsticks?
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:07 pm

I don't have a device on which to test Hataroid, but I was wondering about whether it includes EmuTOS and if yes, which version that currently is?

Compatibility of the latest EmuTOS snapshot (2016-04-17) is really good. Only things that still don't work are:
* STOS programs requiring a specific TOS version for joystick & keyboard input
* Some floppy-only programs overwriting TOS memory
* Few rare programs doing other nasty things

And that is easily worked around by using HD-fixed versions of games.

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:55 pm

@unseenmenace
- Thanks for clearing that up.
Yeah, I used the one from the wiki page and photoshop'd out the scancodes. I think I emailed you about it a couple of years ago.
Hopefully the credits in the help screen is correct.

- You currently can't control the mouse cursor with the thumbstick, but it's something on my todo list.

@Eero Tamminen
- I haven't had a chance to put in EmuTOS yet.
I'm going to integrate Hatari 1.90 for the next release (for Pasti support) so I might add EmuTOS at the same time as well (as a toggleable option in the settings).

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:Compatibility of the latest EmuTOS snapshot (2016-04-17) is really good. Only things that still don't work are:
* STOS programs requiring a specific TOS version for joystick & keyboard input

You should try my STOS fixer - viewtopic.php?f=71&t=26228
That works not on some TOS version table base, but with direct joystick read, according to some TOS docs. If that way - via joystick input special vector, readable address via XBIOS $22 (More in Atari Profibuch) is supported in EMUTOS then joystick read will work. Mouse is via VDI.
I'm not against GMO, I'm against that children play with fire.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:43 pm

I tried Hataroid on my phablet with Android 5.1 . Nice work on solving input on very different platform. It is already very usable, and I did not encounter some SW problems. ACSI harddisk, GEMDOS harddisk emulation works fine. aswell Atari SW.
But there is always some but: it would be good to have reversed joystick placement: fire left, and direction controls right - some people is used on it. Would be good that taping on screen work as mouse click, instead special areas for left, right button. OK, maybe that was implemented because taping is less accurate, but then as option - I always try it ... Maybe to activate some magnifier of area around first tap, and then can tap much more accurate ?
Tried with attached mouse. And then there is 2 pointer on screen - bigger of Atari, and smaller of Android. Atari one works, but how to get rid of Android's - it moves too all time, so can not just move in some corner.
I'm not against GMO, I'm against that children play with fire.

squall
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby squall » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks for testing it out AtariZoll.

- The plan was to have fully customizable UI where you can add/remove and drag the different controls around the screen. I haven't had time to do that, but I can add left/right joystick option in the next version pretty easily.

- There's an old option to use tap as a mouse button, but I'll need to re-do it as it was implemented quickly as a test and doesn't work that well on newer devices (Input -> Mouse Button Emulation -> Direct). I'll fix it up for the next version.

- The two mouse pointers is an OS issue and the last time I checked, there's no way for an application to disable or move the Android's cursor directly (the only way was if you used a custom Android ROM which has the pointer hidden).
- What I was planning to do (haven't had time to do it yet), was keep the two cursors in sync (so there's still 2 cursors, but they will be on top of each other).

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”