Hatari 2.0.0 has been released

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Hatari 2.0.0 has been released

Postby Steven Seagal » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 pm

npomarede wrote:The result is that on STF the demo loader will crash immediately and the demo will hang.

"STE" wasn't such bad advice after all.

amilo3438 wrote:So, if someone can correct /patch the mistake on the demo detection routine, some of screens will work also on the ST mode.

That could be interesting because on my STE the "NGC" demo exhibited Shifter border bands on the logo when I tried.

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 pm

amilo3438 wrote:Thanks for an detail explanation!

So, if someone can correct /patch the mistake on the demo detection routine, some of screens will work also on the ST mode. (But maybe better to keep it in original state and run on an STe instead.)
Cheers!

If you want to check the demo with correct STF mode, you need to write $0001 at address $8 while in the main menu.
Under Hatari, press ALT+Pause to enter the debugger, then type "w 8 00 01" + enter and type "c" to return to emulation.

amilo3438
Atari User
Atari User

Postby amilo3438 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 pm

npomarede wrote:If you want to check the demo with correct STF mode, you need to write $0001 at address $8 while in the main menu.
Under Hatari, press ALT+Pause to enter the debugger, then type "w 8 00 01" + enter and type "c" to return to emulation.

Hmm, I tried to press AltGr+Pause, but on the statusbar it shows "Console Debugger" and then it quickly disappears!
I have used official Hatari 2.0.0 but it happens on older versions too. Wonder is it something needed to enable it 1st in the config file?

Ps. With Alt+Pause get "Emulation paused"!

EDIT:
Ok, I started it now with the option "-W" to get the console debugger and it works fine now! (so its solved)

ST T104F 1024K (with debugger w 8 00 01)
---------------------------------------------------------
Delirious IV:
/ Niggle it --> fine
/ No scroll red devil --> fine
/ K.B.Jardin --> fine
/ Genunax --> fine
/ N.G.C. --> logo glitches! (same in hatari 2.0.0 in STE mode)
/ Chromax T.S.B. --> fine
/ Del3 enulator --> after changing disk nothing happens! (in STE mode it start to load and hangs)
/ HLM demo --> fine
/ Vodka - hangs! (same in hatari 2.0.0 in STE mode)
/ We are not rippers! T.M.F. --> glitches! (same in hatari 2.0.0 in STE mode)
/ Putain jme taperais bign un... T.B.C. --> fine
/ Fulltrak so khz --> hangs after loading! (in STE mode it starts but very soon black screen!)
/ Push-it --> fine, after "quit to demo" hangs! (same in STE mode)
/ Columns -- fine
/ Lemming fu.k --> fine
/ Tekila --> glitches! (in STE mode works fine)
/ Boring demo --> fine
/ Nightmare --> fine
/ Mufe --> fine
/ La Miga demo --> On Esc key -> hangs (in STE mode fine)
/ 90 demo --> fine
/ Philips --> On space key at "Never fu.k mcs again!" -> hangs (in STE mode fine)

According to above test the Tekila demo works fine only in STE mode! (+La Miga and Philips)

Steven Seagal wrote:
amilo3438 wrote:So, if someone can correct /patch the mistake on the demo detection routine, some of screens will work also on the ST mode.

That could be interesting because on my STE the "NGC" demo exhibited Shifter border bands on the logo when I tried.

Interesting could be also why on SEE emu in STE+4Mb mode the "NGC" demo works with T106 and hangs with T162?
(I guess your real STE has T106.)

On Hatari emu in STE+4Mb mode the "NGC" demo does not crashes with T162 nor T106! (only the logo glitches)

EDIT:
On SEE emu in STE+4Mb mode the "NGC" demo does not hang with T162 if Hacks option is disabled! (so this is solved)

amilo3438
Atari User
Atari User

Postby amilo3438 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Maybe one proposal for the improvement:

If in the Floppy disk drive is an .zip file with several images already active, it would be good when next time goto Browse button to see only content of this .zip file until press on Eject button!
In current implementation it knows to be pretty frustrating sometimes if .zip file is already active that after pressing on Browse button to go again into folder and select the same .zip file just to choose a next image from it.

Cheers!

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:26 am

Doing a file selector with plain SDL is pretty horrible, and the zip support makes the code even more awful update (I don't think anybody's enthuastic to touch it).

I'd recommend getting the images out of the Zip and compressing them individually with Gzip. That produces smaller files than using Zip. :-)

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”