Odd colors/display med res mode hatari on xbox

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE emulator - the current version is v2.0.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

madmab
Atarian
Atarian

Odd colors/display med res mode hatari on xbox

Postby madmab » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm tinkering with Hatari on the 'ol xbox (original) and I have the screenupdate code all up-to date (not that much changed) and for some odd reason some games that display in med resolution do not look right at all. Here is a screenshot.. of Blue War III

BlueWar III.png

All other modes look fine. In fact if I go into gemdos and set the resolution to medium the screen looks fine. So I'm not sure what it is about this particular game (and a few others but I'd have to remember which ones they were).

This one has me baffled.. the xbox code uses direct X with the classic 1555 RGB mode "D3DFMT_LIN_X1R5G5B5" and the texture is pretty much copied straight to the screen. But it shows the above result in certain cases.

Any developers here have any ideas on how I can fix this? Should I try to post this on the mailing list. I subscribed to the list but I did not receive an email saying it was successful... Is that normal?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Odd colors/display med res mode hatari on xbox

Postby npomarede » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi
I don't see anything special with this game ; it's just that the game should be run in low res, but the game itself doesn't set low res, it will run in whatever resolution you had under GEM before starting it. If you start it from a low res desktop, it will work (tested with Automation 137 compil)

Nicolas

madmab
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Odd colors/display med res mode hatari on xbox

Postby madmab » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Sheesh I feel so stupid. There is a desktop.inf file in the emulated hard disk directory that was causing the issue to occur. :lol:

So turns out that was the issue. Thanks for the response. I'll have to remember that and maybe add it to a FAQ or something.

Man I was driving myself bonkers checking all my RGB shifts and texture copy routines to see if maybe something got overlooked.

Social Media

Return to “Hatari”