Check out the Atari Forum Wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Wiki SPAM recently !

Postby Zorro 2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:27 am

Hi guys !

Our Wiki seems spam with robots, if an administrator can wash some page please !
Member of NoExtra Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:37 pm

Silver Surfer did some cleaning up a few months ago as we were under attack and he blocked a few IP addresses. Guess he needs to do some more work.

Will take a look later on tonight.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:58 pm

May be handy to "padlock" some of the topics in the Wiki that are complete i.e. the ones where there is nothing to add??

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zorro 2 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:26 am

This day we have another "attacks", maybe you need to stop Wiki for a moment...
Member of NoExtra Team

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby PaulB » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 am

Damn bots! After a gogle search on the subject, apparently people are spamming wiki's in order to get their google pagepank up. Is there no way to integrate a captcha image into the wiki submission form/script?

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zorro 2 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 am

It seems a good solution mister PaulB.
Member of NoExtra Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:20 pm

PaulB wrote:Damn bots! After a gogle search on the subject, apparently people are spamming wiki's in order to get their google pagepank up. Is there no way to integrate a captcha image into the wiki submission form/script?

That's one for Silver Surfer to look into I guess. Out of my league if it requires any tinkering with the server side of the Wiki :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zorro 2 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 am

I modify a page who spam this morning. Thanks to block all page that you can...
Member of NoExtra Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:33 pm

I take it that the following "people" were responsible. Thanks for editing their crap Zorro and now they're banned!

# (Block log); 19:32 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:Xj3Mj4" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:32 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:HniSgr" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:32 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:Lx3Zvx" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:32 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:MpyEoz" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:32 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:UmyCd2" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:31 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:Oj6Baa" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:44 pm

muguk wrote:
PaulB wrote:Damn bots! After a gogle search on the subject, apparently people are spamming wiki's in order to get their google pagepank up. Is there no way to integrate a captcha image into the wiki submission form/script?

That's one for Silver Surfer to look into I guess. Out of my league if it requires any tinkering with the server side of the Wiki :)

There is a captcha extension, I'll look at installing it. Hopefully I will get it done during the weekend. :)

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zorro 2 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks to repair fastly this bug of Wikipedia, I don't see myself to change Talk page of mister Mug Uk this week-end :wink:
Member of NoExtra Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:18 pm

And some more appeared today / last night :(
# (Block log); 19:17 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:Zhangpeng" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:16 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:Zhangpeng" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:16 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:Zhangpeng" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:16 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:LopU7l" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:16 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:AciYc9" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:16 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "Talk:The Operating Sytem of the Atari ST": Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:15 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "Talk:Aranym": Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:15 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "User:Zhangpeng": Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:15 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "Zhangpens": Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:15 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "Zhangpengd": Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:14 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "Zhangpengf": Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:14 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "Zhangpengg": Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:13 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:Ramya" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:13 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:FasS9b" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Block log); 19:13 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (blocked "User:KiqAoj" with an expiry time of infinite: Spamming)
# (Deletion log); 19:13 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "User talk:Ramya": content was: 'ramya' (and the only contributor was 'Ramya'))
# (diff) (hist) . . ! Applications Compacted Disks; 19:12 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block)
# (Deletion log); 19:12 . . Muguk (Talk | contribs | block) (deleted "Talk:IDE & SCSI Drivers": Spammer)

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:10 pm

Hmm... Chinese spambot? :)
tá'n poc ar buile!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:33 pm

Could well be .. no idea how we'd protect against them

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:03 pm

muguk wrote:Could well be .. no idea how we'd protect against them

Block China? :)

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:17 am

RetroGamerUK wrote:Block China? :)

Makes a change from China blocking everything ;)

Anyway, hopefully we've come up with some good strategies for combatting that poo.
tá'n poc ar buile!

Social Media

Return to “Wiki Discussions”