Page 1 of 3

For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:17 pm
by Klapauzius
Here's an Excel database of (hopefully) all commercial Atari ST games, with an "pastfied" column added.

It's meant to be an aid to all the guys who want to contribute in preserving the original games.

A dark blue "Y" in the Pasti column means the game has been succesfully imaged to Pasti format (as far as I can tell).

A dark blue "I" in the Pasti column means there's an image available from the unmodified original disks in another format than Pasti (ST, MSA, STT).


Please note the following:

1) Verification: I don't have the means to verify that these dumps are 100% unmodified, working and authentic. That's up to ijor. ;-) I just checked them for a few minutes at max, so there may be dumps listed that are not 100% working.

2) Completeness: The sheet is based on the Atari Legend database, with some additions/corrections. Still, there will be errors/omissions, etc.

3) Language versions: There's no detailed information on the language of an imaged game in the sheet yet (I'll do that when I find the time). However, there's a 'comments' column that shows the language if the pastied version is *not* the English version *and* I know that an English version exists.

4) A grey "Y" or "I"in the Pasti column (instead of a dark blue one) means: this game has been imaged but the image doesn't work.

5) A grey game title designates an educational type of game, which may be of lesser interest to most collectors/gamers.

6) A purple game title designates a game that may be considered as "Vapourware", i.e. a game that probably never has been issued commercially.


A few statistics as of 2010-01-09:
1146 of 2763 commercial games imaged to Pasti format.
An additional 102 original games imaged to a format other than Pasti.


Please help to preserve history - thank you! :-)

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:32 pm
by ppera
So, if I get it correct, you want all titles in Pasti format. Even if game is not copy protected and can be perfectly imaged with ST or MSA format ? (Examples: FS II, Carrier Command ...) .

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 pm
by Klapauzius
ppera wrote:So, if I get it correct, you want all titles in Pasti format. Even if game is not copy protected and can be perfectly imaged with ST or MSA format ? (Examples: FS II, Carrier Command ...) .


No, if an original disk is not physically protected, I'd be happy with any other format as well. :-)
Only problem is, most collectors won't know whether their game disk has a physical protection or not. So Pasti is always a safe way to go.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:39 pm
by Klapauzius
Btw, this list isn't just intented to fill up my own Pasti collection (although I'm certainly happy about each new image I can add to it). It's primarily meant as an aid for all potential contributors to see which games still need to be preserved.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:41 pm
by alexh
Thanks very much, it enabled me to see which Thalion games had been PaSTi'ed and upload them to the Thalion Webshrine.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:34 pm
by Mug UK
Klaz - would it be easier to create a linked thread whereby PASTI'ers can upload to that thread instead of turning this one into a combined update / upload thread?

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 pm
by ppera
Klapauzius wrote:Btw, this list isn't just intented to fill up my own Pasti collection (although I'm certainly happy about each new image I can add to it). It's primarily meant as an aid for all potential contributors to see which games still need to be preserved.

It was all what I have to add. Have Face Off too, but it is damaged.
I need some of existing Pasti images. Where can I DL them ? Or PM you for ?

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:00 pm
by Klapauzius
Muguk wrote:Klaz - would it be easier to create a linked thread whereby PASTI'ers can upload to that thread instead of turning this one into a combined update / upload thread?


Yep, I guess that'd be a good idea. :-)
I'll create it anytime soon...

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:08 pm
by Klapauzius
ppera wrote:I need some of existing Pasti images. Where can I DL them ? Or PM you for ?


Well, I know of someone here who's planning on opening a Pasti section on his site. ;-)
Don't know if he wants to make that public yet, though...

If that should be delayed, then I guess we could ask Marakatti to host them on AtariMania, as his site is already equipped for Pasti downloads? How about it Marakatti?

Otherwise, just PM me. :-)

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:12 pm
by ppera
Marcer has now Pasti section, but so far there is not much title. Maybe to include him in this ?

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 am
by Methanoid
Is there no PASTI section on AtariShrine? Havent been around ST stuff for some time. If not and nowhere is hosting I guess I could put an FTP server on my always on box if anyone wants?

If not, grateful for some links as to where files are still being hosted.

Meth

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 am
by Marakatti
Klapauzius wrote:If that should be delayed, then I guess we could ask Marakatti to host them on AtariMania, as his site is already equipped for Pasti downloads? How about it Marakatti?


Sorry for the delay, I missed your question :oops:

Answer is of course yes please :) Keep them coming. We already have around 270 games available and another 500+ titles waiting to be processed. No need to say this but we would like to make Atarimania to be an "official" Pasti download-site.

More files you send to us, more people will get them real soon :)

Please upload your stuff to:
ftp 88.191.92.176 

login public

pwd atarimania

Please us directory named "ST" and we put them online as soon as possible.

Thanks :cheers:

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:59 pm
by Mug UK
Having a "Scan & PASTI Sunday" due to the 40+ originals I picked up on eBay last week .. is the Atarimania FTP still accepting uploads?

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:02 pm
by simonsunnyboy
It seems to be still active. However I cannot delte or rename any uplaoded files which is pretty duff. I tried to uplaod my PASTIs as a big chunk but i don't know if the upload is complete or not. After redownloading the MD5 seems correct so all you need to do is remove .part extender to grab the files.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 pm
by Mug UK
Cheers for the heads up - will do them as individual files then.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 am
by Marakatti
Thanks for uploading, I'll check tonight if there's any problems :)

About the renaming on FTP, Mr. Atarimania is travelling in Canada atm so when he gets back he will take a look at it.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 pm
by Marakatti
simonsunnyboy wrote:I tried to uplaod my PASTIs as a big chunk but i don't know if the upload is complete or not. After redownloading the MD5 seems correct so all you need to do is remove .part extender to grab the files.


Ok, I checked the stuff you uploaded. First of all big thanks for your time, we really appreciate it :) From what I tested everything except the Live & Let Die works fine. I think it is a problem of STeem rather than your Live & Let Die image as the original won't run on STe either.

Two questions:
1. I couldn't find Fire & Ice Disk 1 from your pack, is it possible something is missing?

2. If possible, could you give us some information about which publisher version the Pasti-files are made from (or even better, scans of disks and / or boxes).
Sometimes there are small differences between original retail-versions and budget releases (like number of disks, some bug corrections etc...). For example Rick Dangerous from your pack is an enchaced version so is it from MicroStyle release?

This information helps us a lot to drop the Pasti-files into right slots in the database.

Thanks :cheers:

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:14 pm
by simonsunnyboy
If disk 2 is there, disk 1 should also be there. Live and let die didn't work on my STe either but did on my 1040STFM.

On the versions, well, I can try to collect some textual data.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:54 pm
by simonsunnyboy
While I'm writing this, I'm uploading a batch of photos from my original floppies.

3 games don't have boxes, Wings Of Death, Der Patrizier and King's Quest III so I can't tell if they are special releases or not.

All others look like standard boxed originals to me with two exceptions: Star Goose comes in a very small plastic cover hardly larger than the 3,5inch floppy and 1943 is definitly a Kixx budget release. Rick Dangerous is a later "all level selectable" version.

All other informations have to come from the floppy stickers themselves. I will not photograph all boxes or manual nor will I start to type all information.

My images are meant for practical use - I personally do not care if they are collector's items or not. They all are regarding common sense on their age and they are there to be played...my PASTIs are meant for those who want to play the games.

I DO NO SUPPORT HOARDING OF ORIGINALS GAMES WHICH WERE NEVER PLAYED AND STILL ARE SHRINKWRAPPED.

Games are meant to be played - take part in the ST Offline Tournament and not only collect them.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:09 pm
by simonsunnyboy
Btw you will miss shots of the Robocop III disks. This is due to the fact that I sold this game again and I don't have it anymore.

PS: The .part bug happens again *arf* The file should be ok anyway. The filesize is the same as my uploaded copy.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:28 pm
by Mug UK
simonsunnyboy wrote:Star Goose comes in a very small plastic cover hardly larger than the 3,5inch floppy


That sounds like the Pocket Power releases that I've mentioned before in the forum. It's a small plastic case with a thin (but long) piece of paper that has the front & back covers plus the instructions on the reverse.

simonsunnyboy wrote:My images are meant for practical use - I personally do not care if they are collector's items or not. They all are regarding common sense on their age and they are there to be played...my PASTIs are meant for those who want to play the games.

I DO NO SUPPORT HOARDING OF ORIGINALS GAMES WHICH WERE NEVER PLAYED AND STILL ARE SHRINKWRAPPED.


99% of my originals aren't shrink-wrapped so I hope that wasn't a (mis-directed) dig in my direction?

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:55 pm
by Mug UK
56Mb worth of PASTI images are currently being uploaded to the FTP.

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:26 pm
by simonsunnyboy
Mug UK wrote:
simonsunnyboy wrote:Star Goose comes in a very small plastic cover hardly larger than the 3,5inch floppy


That sounds like the Pocket Power releases that I've mentioned before in the forum. It's a small plastic case with a thin (but long) piece of paper that has the front & back covers plus the instructions on the reverse.


Yes, I think that's it. Actual pretty efficient packaging - in comparison to the bulky cardboxes you get otherwise.

Mug UK wrote:
simonsunnyboy wrote:My images are meant for practical use - I personally do not care if they are collector's items or not. They all are regarding common sense on their age and they are there to be played...my PASTIs are meant for those who want to play the games.

I DO NO SUPPORT HOARDING OF ORIGINALS GAMES WHICH WERE NEVER PLAYED AND STILL ARE SHRINKWRAPPED.


99% of my originals aren't shrink-wrapped so I hope that wasn't a (mis-directed) dig in my direction?


No worries, just a generic rant which had to be said!

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:12 pm
by Marakatti
56Mb worth of PASTI images are currently being uploaded to the FTP.

Thanks Mug! Excellent stuff :) You've already mentioned the budget releases in the filenames so I think all the others are made from retail-versions?

My images are meant for practical use - I personally do not care if they are collector's items or not. They all are regarding common sense on their age and they are there to be played...my PASTIs are meant for those who want to play the games.

Don't worry SSB, we're on the same mission :)
I've opened many shrinkwrapped games just to play them and/or to make Pasti-files, even a title or two where the collectors would kill me to do such thing.

The reason I wanted to know which versions they are is only because that way we can put them under the correct releases. Now that you've sent the photos we can do just that. I'm hoping to make them available within a week. Thanks again :)

Re: For all Pasti contributors: The Pastification Sheet

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 pm
by Mug UK
Marakatti wrote:
56Mb worth of PASTI images are currently being uploaded to the FTP.

Thanks Mug! Excellent stuff :) You've already mentioned the budget releases in the filenames so I think all the others are made from retail-versions?
[quote]

99.9% of the time, yes. There's bound to be the odd one where I've forgotten to label it as a budget re-release. That's 145 PASTI files out of (approx) 1300+ titles - so still some way to go.