PASTI list : In progress (Start 2007-01-09)

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Maartau wrote:I'm under EXCEL 2000, good?

Do you need some adds (years, editor, nb of disks, doc?,...) :P

I don't know if excel 2000 is good or bad, I have office 2007 package here and the new version of word might as well be in Chinese...
Well I personally only require a list of disks already imaged so that I know which of my original games to image (when I get around to it).
But I have been told that the Wiki is not just for my use sadly so whatever everyone else needs should be catered for, and I thought only I mattered ahh well.
If this means extra info i.e. no. of disks, docs etc would be preferred by most then fair enough, but I don't know how to do a table so someone will have to sort it, I am cool with whatever happens as long as there is some sort of list to go off.
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby Maartau » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:22 pm

R.G : I can do from a part the game list (with a directory lister) & from another a "full" one under OFFICE 2000.
Member of -aTaRi LeGeND-, -eLiTe-, -NoExTrA-

[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_20.gif]"anew active, enough motivate...[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_13.gif]...to be back to the goo' ol' skoooool" [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_14.gif]
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:25 pm

Maartau wrote:R.G : I can do from a part the game list (with a directory lister) & from another a "full" one under OFFICE 2000.

Are you suggesting that you do the HTML list as originally planned and also a simple list?
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby Maartau » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Yes because I already created all dirs for each game by letter & title + renamed all archives I have.

Let me five minutes to do the list from one of my CD & post it there :wink: .

933 Titles listed (And I guess some more on others CDs).

[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_20.gif]"anew active, enough motivate...[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_13.gif]...to be back to the goo' ol' skoooool" [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_14.gif]
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:37 pm

Edit : removed.
Last edited by Maartau on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:50 pm

From the compils I haven't listed the content of the SUPERPACK & TNT Compil.

(And I see the renaming is not so clean too :oops: ).

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:27 pm

Will take a bit longer to clean up the names as you say, doesn't bother me it being untidy that much though..
Will have another go tomorrow :wink:

So just to re-cap,
So you are still going to do an "all singing-all dancing" HTML list then Maartau?
And the simple list will be there just to check whats been PASTIed.. is that ok? :)
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby Maartau » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 am

RetroGamerUK wrote:And the simple list will be there just to check whats been PASTIed.. is that ok? :)

Yes, it was a "quick" job to see what we can found.

If you need more things for this list, just ask :D .

I'm actually redoing the complete EMPIRE list & be busy with more things to finish for AL, so will do a more complete list later. (BTW I don't know what more can be added :? So all ideas welcome :wink: ).

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:50 am

RetroGamerUK wrote:So you are still going to do an "all singing-all dancing" HTML list then Maartau?
:)

I guess this isn't the definitive list... New STX will came soon 8) :wink:

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby ijor » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:39 pm

Dew-It wrote:Anyone seen ijor. I sent ijor a private forum message and he has'nt gotten back to me about it. :( I wanted to continue working on the catweasel software that would allow you to write .msa and .st images and maybe even .stx Pasti images.

Sorry Dew-it and everybody else. I was extremely busy for the last couple of months... Cathing up slowly ... hmm, my PM mailbox here is full :(
ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby RetroGamerUK » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:06 pm

Glad to see you have escaped your invisible helecopter captors Ijor, I trust you are aware of the "already done" PASTI list I have started in the Wiki
I must point out though that its not really my list, I nicked it off Maartau.
:)
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby Maartau » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:47 pm

@R.G / Ijor / Keili ONLY :

If you need some help/lists, let's see only by PM only :wink: .

See you :wink: .

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Mug UK » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:05 pm

I'll get a batch of working ones ready and release them in a big lot on Marcer's FTP hopefully at the end of this week (spare time permitting).
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maartau » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:03 pm

Again another long job by one the most active user there...

:cheers:

(And since a long time too :wink: ).

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Mug UK » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Some of the easier ones I hope to do some "how to crack" tutorials - i.e. the really old ones :)
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:04 pm

I see you haven't yet got around to tidying this topic up with your tidy delete button Mr. Forum Janitor Sir? :)
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby Maartau » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:08 pm

My "delete mood" is finished :lol: . If someone needs again the lists I can reput them at their right place :wink: .

But only two ppl downloaded the both lists since they were posted ; seems nobody interested by PASTI.

It talks HOW TO DO them, that's one thing. But are we only 2 or 3 to use them? What a question again :wink: .

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:52 am

@R.G ; I'll produce a more complete list ASAP.

As we're only 2 (maybe 3 :roll: ) concerned, you'll have your personnal list for the WiKi.

Time to collect some informations & produce it + including compils if possible (more infos, see if they're complete). :wink:

If I want to do a clean job, I have to see for old scanned mags. :P
(I never used GameBase ST too ; shame on me :oops: :lol: ).

Maybe starting by publishing the compils listing before could interest more ppl??? :D (If not, I "don't care" as all my pasti all already listed by name in each dir so...). This is just to help :wink: .

I know that's a long job to do BUT are we really only 2 to "collect" pasti? (Yes always the same question) :coffe:

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:57 am

@R.G ; just remind me which format do you prefer? And the details you need (only names, more :?: .).

I guess a "single dir" list :wink: .

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:32 am

@KEILI : I downloaded the Unrenamed files from your FTP & I'm on actually to rename the STX section :wink: .

If you interested, will upload them anew "corrected". Many times to check but I'm really "bored" not having a full list of what I/we have as STX :wink: .

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:33 am

aPPLICATIONS & all games will be listed :wink: ...

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:11 am

Maartau wrote:@R.G ; just remind me which format do you prefer? And the details you need (only names, more :?: .).

All I personally wanted was to know what games had already been PASTIed so as to avoid double-imaging..
I started the list in the Wiki to provide such a "tick off" list, but if anyone else wants to improve it to include more details and even apps etc then they don't need my permission or anyones, that is what the Wiki is for apparently.

Well since you are asking about your list Maartau then I would suggest you include as much info as is required and possible (from your personal time constraints etc), and don't just ask me, as even though I am the centre of the Universe I think PASTI is for everyone :wink:
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby keili » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:34 am

Double-imaging is neccessary to check the pastis. Don't let existing images stop you, RG.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi
keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Maartau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:45 am

RetroGamerUK wrote:
Maartau wrote:@R.G ; just remind me which format do you prefer? And the details you need (only names, more :?: .).

All I personally wanted was to know what games had already been PASTIed so as to avoid double-imaging..
I started the list in the Wiki to provide such a "tick off" list, but if anyone else wants to improve it to include more details and even apps etc then they don't need my permission or anyones, that is what the Wiki is for apparently.

Well since you are asking about your list Maartau then I would suggest you include as much info as is required and possible (from your personal time constraints etc), and don't just ask me, as even though I am the centre of the Universe I think PASTI is for everyone :wink:

I never though you were the center of The Universe for PASTI 8) .

I just said nobody seems interested by PASTI but play with, so if they like seeking by themselves the STX : that's their choice, not mine :wink:

:arrow: I'm not interested by doing a WiKi version of this, everyone is big enough to do it by himself. I just do mine to see what I needed & not for the others after all. 8)

@R.G ; don't take that like an agressive post 8) . You & Keili were only the few ppl interested by a job like this. So I admit others "don't care" & I don't see why I should waste my time doing things for others if they aren't interested. Take it easy :) .

:cheers:

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:05 pm

Thats ok Maartau, no offence taken at all :wink:
Even though, as you say, there are few people interested in PASTI, and I have yet to get a good STE setup here using Satandisk etc before I can start imaging, so if/when I do get around to imaging I know where to look and who to ask for help :)
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

PreviousNext

Return to Pasti & VAPI