Examples from The GamebaseST Project

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: SkylineDave, Goldrunner, Moderator Team

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Examples from The GamebaseST Project

Postby Goldrunner » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:39 pm

To wet everyones appetites we are posting examples of game material that we are doing for The GamebaseST Project. The thread will be updated every few weeks with another example so please visit again.

Please note, to keep this thread to a workable size each example will be deleted and replaced with the new one. This way the example will always be the first post in this thread so there should be no need to hunt pages of posts to find it:

Another example from the archives of GamebaseST project.

This time around we have the American version of Barbarian which is called Death Sword.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Goldrunner on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 19 times in total.

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:37 pm

That's indeed very tasty, Goldrunner!

Seems we at AL should definitely start working on the game section again is we wanna keep up with you! Very nice scans.

Impressive!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Grave
Atari Legend IS back!

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:46 pm

ST Graveyard wrote:That's indeed very tasty, Goldrunner!

Seems we at AL should definitely start working on the game section again is we wanna keep up with you! Very nice scans.

Perhaps Paul and AL should try to cooperate in a joint project ... may be that would be the only way to have a "HOL" for the ST.

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:01 pm

What do you mean? Why do you say that? Why can't there be eventually 2 HOLs for the ST, one online and one offline?
Atari Legend IS back!

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:13 pm

ST Graveyard wrote:What do you mean? Why do you say that? Why can't there be eventually 2 HOLs for the ST, one online and one offline?

I didn't say, or at least I didn't mean that there couldn’t be 2 HOLs for the ST. What I mean is that it is such a daunting task (we are so far away from the HOL level), that may be a join-effort is the only feasible chance.

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:20 pm

What does HOL stand for?
I really hope, the question is not too stupid :oops: .
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi

Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Silver Surfer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:57 pm

keili wrote:What does HOL stand for?
I really hope, the question is not too stupid :oops: .

Hall of Light, quite simply an amazing Amiga website.

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:13 pm

I have no problem with the AL team using any of the material from GamebaseST for a site like the Hall Of Light (that's for you keili). I would happily help with something like this in any way possible but when it comes to websites I absolutely rubbish. The Atari Legend team have already laid the foundations to take it further but like everything else it is time constraints in peoples lifes that always get in the way!

I can imagine once a site is setup similiar to HOL then contributions from ST ethusiasts would soon flood in. If you dig deeper into HOL you will soon realise that a lot of the content is from Amiga ethusiasts sending material into the HOL team. For this type of site to be successful for the ST it needs not just the backing of the AL team but also the ST ethusiasts who use these forums. You cannot not expect people like Grave, Silver, and Marcer to take this on without firm backing and support from everyone else.

It is not enough to simply say "Great idea, can't wait to see it, wish I could help but I don't have the time". Even if one user sent 5 scans (probably 30 minutes worth of time) into AL the site would soon be brimming with content. COME ON PEOPLE YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:28 pm

Very true, Goldrunner. We've had already quite some support from fans, sending in submissions and boxscans. But sometimes, the lack of features of the site prevented us to add them all. This will be changed really soon.

Regarding working together. You can of course always use stuff on AL for the gamebase! But you knew that already, he.

Cheers,
Grave
Atari Legend IS back!

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:23 pm

Atari Legend and GameBaseST although very similar are really too different for a collaboration as such but as has been said a lot of the material from one is useful to the other, i.e. screenshots,box scans etc. Well I'm doing my bit, I've just sorted through all the stuff I got from NiceguyUK so I've got me some more scanning to do. I'll be uploading it all onto my webspace when its all done so the AL and GBST guys can get them. I can upload to Marcers FTP as well if thats preferable.
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:14 pm

Hi Unseenmenace

Can't wait to see your new scans and many thanks for your continued support :D

SkylineDave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SkylineDave » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:22 am

come on Paul im waiting for these maggies too!! has the seller not sent them to you yet? i'm simply itching to get scanning (albeit delivery of my scanner is delayed too! ahem!) :D
AKA Megadaz / Black Eagle --- STOS, Dungeon Master and Captive fan!

Proud member of the GameBaseST team.
Founder of the one-man DemoBaseST team!

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:47 pm

Hi Dave

The magazines came friday afternoon so spent most of Saturday browsing through them :D Mainly I was after unanswered questions like the data disks for Dreadnoughts (which exsist), the Planet Editor for UMS II (also exsists), never found Gauntlet The Deeper Dungeons however!

One of the main things I noticed was that Myth by System 3 was for sale continually from 1991 to 1994 by different software sellers 8O Even so I have yet to see a copy and many believe is was never released on the ST. The question remains however, why advertise for some 3 years if it never exsisted???

Will be sending the magazines out to you either monday or tuesday so get that scanner fired up ready!

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:53 pm

Just thought I would draw everyones attention to the Exolon examples :D

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:23 pm

Space Station Oblivion example, please see first post :!:

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST