html export

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: SkylineDave, Goldrunner, Moderator Team

Shredder
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

html export

Postby Shredder » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:26 am

Is it possible to get an html export from a GBST list ?
Regarde derrière toi, un singe à trois têtes !!!

ppera

Re: html export

Postby ppera » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:00 pm

If it is in some common/standard format as db, xls, mysql etc. yes. And even if not, it may be possible... I will check it...

Shredder
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Shredder » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Because i discovered the website Guardians of the PaST from Goldrunner and I'm very impressionned by the quality of informations about games (and all the extras...). But this site does not add non commercial games contrary as AL. I think both sites could be complentar, for example AL should enlarge informations about games like Guardians of the PaST.
I havre created my own GBST base with now 5767 games referenced (with screens and informations from AL and added some extras like docs, tips, which can't be addes to AL database...)
What can I do with this database ? waiting the crash of my computer and lose everything ? Or trying to help AL and Guardians of PaST despite a lack of time.
Informations on Goldrunner's website seem to come from a GBST database. So it's a reason I'd like to known if it's possible to convert a list in html...
Regarde derrière toi, un singe à trois têtes !!!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Gamebase uses an Access DB from memory, so should be easily exported into a HTML file but depends on how many tables are used etc. Hope you're good with Access SQL queries :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Shredder wrote:What can I do with this database ? waiting the crash of my computer and lose everything ? Or trying to help AL and Guardians of PaST despite a lack of time.
Informations on Goldrunner's website seem to come from a GBST database. So it's a reason I'd like to known if it's possible to convert a list in html...

No information on Guardians actually come from GBST, not even extras are being reused on Guardains since they are not up to the standard we need. On Guardians we virtually never add games without having the full game so we can be as accurate as possible with our entries, the games are also heavily researched and cross checked by other Guardian members. When I was doing GBST I really wasn't that concerned about being 100% accurate and so quite a few credits may very well be wrong. I personally wouldn't use GBST as the source of any new database without checking everything first, which would obviously take some time.

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”