Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

Striker
Retro freak
Retro freak

Test Drive 2 Addon Disks

Postby Striker » Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello,
thank you for this very nice ATARI Forum!
I am searching for the Test Drive 2 addon Disks.

CALIFORNIA CHALLENGE (SCENERY DISK)
http://www.atarimania.com/game-test-dri ... s9344.html

MUSCLE CARS (CAR DISK)
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 24912.html

I can't believe that these disks are not included in any TOSECs and are still missig.

I have all these disk as original for the Commodore Amiga in "Test Drive 2 The Collection".
http://www.64er-online.de/games/testdrive_2.html

I can't believe that there wasn't an ATARI ST version or nobody bought this great compilation. :?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you! :cheers:

ICS

Re: Test Drive 2 Addon Disks

Postby ICS » Thu May 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Four scenery disks were issued for the Atari ST:

California Challenge and Super Cars (most likely many people have this as Test Drive 2 Disk B of the HTL+MCA crack)

Muscle Cars and European Challenge

I've taken the files from ICS CD1 and the unreleased ICS CD2.

Note that the crack has a bug: If you have more than 1 megabyte ram, the code check is active again.

The ST version of this game is quite good, not a rush job like so many other titles that were converted.
I really enjoyed playing this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Striker
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Striker » Fri May 16, 2014 1:17 pm

ICS you are just great. Thank you very much!!!! Yippiieeh after all those years of searching Test Drive 2 is now complete on the Atari ST.
I like the Atari ST version even better than the Amiga version.

It plays a little smoother and there are more small details incorporated. So far as I know you have, for example, no hazard lights the Amiga version, if you stop. The graphics is just great! :D
I think only the joystick control is a little bit better on the Amiga. So great that it is now complete with the Muscle Cars and the California Challenge!!! :cheers:

California Challenge.jpg
California Challenge1.jpg
California Challenge2.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage02.jpg
Zwischenablage03.jpg
Zwischenablage04.jpg

One more question: Is there any way to copy everything on a huge playdisk or to install everything on harddisk?

This cool game is a lot of fun! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Striker on Sat May 17, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sat May 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Here is Test Drive 2, what works with any RAM size:
TD2.ZIP

According to code, it uses extra RAM, so it is worth to run with 2MB or more.
I will make hard disk versions by time ..
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

Striker
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Striker » Sat May 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Wow AtariZoll, that would be a dream come true if you could manage to create a HD (SatanDisk?) Version of Test Drive 2 including all Extras (Super Cars, Muscle Cars, California Challenge, European Challgenge)! :D :cheers:

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sun May 18, 2014 11:52 am

After some struggling with strange install, I made hard disk runnable package. It is just simple one, without statesaves and exit to Desktop.
Must copy/depack dir. DUEL with content in root of partition C . Then run with TD2LA.TOS . Min RAM 1MB .
DUEL.ZIP

It contains all sceneries and cars. Btw. I really don't see what's the point of Muscle and Super cars disks - they have same cars as on California and European scenery disks :?
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sun May 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Here is Test Drive hard disk playable :
TESTDRIV.ZIP

http://youtu.be/DADR0Tj9EZI

http://youtu.be/p8heN49mXKQ

purpleeagle01
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby purpleeagle01 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:00 am

Hi i have Tested Testdrive 2 on my Falcon with TOS 4.04 and pressed control boot after the loading bar comes the Code Protection and the Game goes back to Desktop i have tried 3Times,on my STE with Tos 1.6 4MB and Megafile 44 it Works Fine.
Cheers and thanks for all the Fixes
The Most Good things beginning with the letter A
Like Atari Austria Wien(My Favorite Soccer Team)

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Fri May 23, 2014 9:41 am

It is just quick hard disk release. I will do HAGA versions in couple weeks. They will work on Falcon, TT too, and can install Test Drive II in any DIR, any partition - not only to C:\DUEL .

Striker
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Striker » Tue May 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi AtariZoll,
great work mate!!! Thank you very much for your superb Test Drive 1 & 2 (complete) harddisk playable versions! :cheers: :thumbs:

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Thu May 29, 2014 11:35 am

HAGA v. done : http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/testdrv2.html
Works on all ST, STE, TT, Falcon.

Social Media

Return to “Games - Requests”