Oxyd - landscape codes

Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, ICS, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

Oxyd - landscape codes

Postby ppera » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:26 pm

I googled little, but found codes only for MAC and PC versions...
So, where we can find landscape codes for different Atari ST Oxyd versions ?
ppera

Re: Oxyd - landscape codes

Postby ICS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 pm

You can buy the codebooks used on ebay sometimes.

Or you play a cracked version.

Or crack it yourself.
ICS

Postby ppera » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm talking about landscape codes - for entering higher landscapes (maps) of game. Not about codes from book requested by game's protection. As I said, there are landscape codes online for PC versions, but they work not with Atari version(s).
ppera

Postby Mug UK » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:48 pm

I think that's what ICS was referring to - the landscape codes.
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ppera » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:44 pm

There is 2 type of codes in Oxyd: 1: landscape codes - you will get always code for next level after finishing some. It consist of 8 cyphers. For instance in Oxyd Color landscape code for 3rd is 10232399 .

2: At some higher landscapes - 10th - 15th program randomly (not always) places marble movement blocking blocks with some site numbers on. In such case you need code book. what was sold separately, and to enter proper code. Game itself was shareware. Of course we have cracks, so code book is not required.
But playing higher levels without finishing all previous ones is possible only if we have landscape codes...
ppera

Postby thothy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:13 pm

The landscape codes for levels > 10 are generated randomly in Oxyd (IIRC when you played level 10, so the write protection of the disk had to be off), so as long as you don't get the codes for a certain, write-protected disk image, they are useless.
thothy
Hatari Developer
Hatari Developer

Postby Desty » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 am

thothy wrote:The landscape codes for levels > 10 are generated randomly in Oxyd (IIRC when you played level 10, so the write protection of the disk had to be off), so as long as you don't get the codes for a certain, write-protected disk image, they are useless.

That's clever... so to calculate landscape codes for levels > 10, you'd need to write a program which performs the same calculation Oxyd performs based on some random key it wrote to disk the first time you hit level 10? (It wouldn't make sense for it to keep changing the key as then the landscape codes it gave you before would stop working)...

Well, if anyone can do such a thing in record time, Ppera can :D
tá'n poc ar buile!
Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ppera » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:02 am

Well, I don't think that what Thothy says stays for version Oxyd Color, what I currently analyse. I found how to access any landscape by overriding code check. And no any mention that floppy must be not write-protected. To be sure, I will check codes on other machine, with other floppy inserted. In any case, I will put version with direct access of any level (there is 65 in Oxyd Color) on site, just need to solve unlimited marbles and full protection removing (that blocking blocks never appear at all). Code is pretty hard to follow.
It seems that there is some confusion about all that codes and protection - some says that protection appears at level 10, some says at level 14. But there is about 5 Atari version of Oxyd too...
ppera

Postby ppera » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Did some reworks of Oxyd Color V3 and Oxyd Magnum. Now can play any landscape (map) by simple typing in it's number.
There is 100 map in each of this 2 versions. Even typing in 'landscape code' for diploma printing works. No less marbles after falling or restarting of level (F3).
Bad things: there are problems with running from hard disks - especially in case of IDE drives. As I see, problem is if partition size is over 32MB too... It will not run from ramdisk C too...
Fortunately we have reliable solution: 'good old' Floppy Image Runner. So, I posted in this case floppy image files. If you have enough RAM may run via Image Runner. Otherwise be prepared for troubles or run from floppy, or with Steem. In case of Mega STE and partition of 30 MB on SCSI disk it worked directly from hard disk. But could not run it from any IDE disk, CF card, Satandisk, with any driver.
Get files here: http://ppera.07x.net/atari/fromhd.php
oxydcls.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ppera

Return to Games - Requests