WTB : Pool of Radiance - Curse of the Azure Bonds

Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, ICS, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

WTB : Pool of Radiance - Curse of the Azure Bonds

Postby coze » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:06 pm

Looking for these two Goldbox titles. According to wikipedia entries(1 2) these are the only two of the GoldBox series that were ported to the ST. Do these games really exist ? I read some posts in the forums that they are vapor. But I also remember there were user reviews at AtariLegends (before it went down). Were they hallucinating people or former Amiga users (like me :P )

I have all GoldBox titles for Amiga and C64. (I don't collect other games, I just have a fetish for GoldBox titles)
coze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: WTB : Pool of Radiance - Curse of the Azure Bonds

Postby Zodiac » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:48 pm

The evidence that Pool of Radiance is vapor is indeed overwhelming, but Curse was released. According to Steem's disk base it's on Automation 428 and Supergau 835/836 among others. Check planetemu.net.
Zodiac
Atariator
Atariator

Postby coze » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:32 am

yup, I think I got myself a boxed copy of curse from ebay. it hasn't arrived yet though.

as for pool, I was thinking about LGD when I said atari legends.

http://www.atari.st/view.php?id=2162

unfortunately it's not at planetemu. but so is curse, so the planet emu archive is not totally complete it seems.

the search continues ... :?
coze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Zodiac » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:35 pm

I don't consider that review to be proof of an actual ST-release of Pool. The way it's worded doesn't necessarly imply the reviewer played it on an ST. I don't think people are lying either, but memories may be fuzzy.
If Pool was released (I wouldn't rule out that some version got leaked or something like that also) than it must be incredibly rare. As you correctly note, it's not in Planetemu's archive which is based on Tosec, and that's incomplete. But note: it's not on any known menu disk either. None of the proficent groups apparently released it which seems incredibly odd for such a game. Likewise I can say that there is no review of this version in the German magazines of that time (every other version was reviewed)

Furthermore the history of SSi games page found here:
http://www.geocities.com/copeknight/index.html

considers it vaporware as well.

So personally, I believe it to be not released until somebody can produce some definitive proof (pics from an auction etc, or even better the actual game for the ST-community :wink: .).
Zodiac
Atariator
Atariator

Return to Games - Requests