Captive 1.1

Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

Lyverbe
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Captive 1.1

Postby Lyverbe » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:48 pm

Does anyone have Captive 1.1? It was quickly replaced by Mindscape with 1.2 after the programmer introduced a bug in it, making it hard to find. I've got my hands on the demo, 1.0 and 1.2. I'd like to fill the void :)
The Ultimate Captive Guide: http://captive.atari.org

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:10 am

Qu'est-ce qui te dit qu'Antony n'aurait pas tout simplement passé de la version 1.0 à la 1.2 directement?

Moi, je pense que la version 1.1 corrige le bug du clipboard inaccessible et la version 1.2 ajoute la barre de sensibilité de la souris et peut-être même le léger changement du son.

Sinon, où t'as vu qu'un bug a été ajouté dans la 1.1 (si j'ai bien lu)?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Lyverbe
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Lyverbe » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:32 pm

This is an english forum. As a sign of good manner, you should write in english :P

The news on Atari Legend says "All previous versions spread around (by Superior, The Medway Boys or the Replicants) offered only v1.0 of the game. Because of a serious bug in the mission 0002/level 2, Captive can not be completed. Fortunately Mindscape released another version (1.2), which corrected the problem"

According to this statement, 1.2 has the bug fix and not 1.1. I'd like to know the reason why 1.1 was released. I don't see why Mindscape would release 1.2 if the changes were barely noticeable.

So, indeed, perhaps version 1.1 never saw the light of day. That's something to investigate and asking around is a good start.
The Ultimate Captive Guide: http://captive.atari.org

DragonsLover
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby DragonsLover » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:47 am

Lyverbe wrote:This is an english forum. As a sign of good manner, you should write in english :P

Cause toujours! :P

Ok ok, more seriously. You're probably right... But, like you said, perhaps the 1.1 version has never been released. Do you think Antony can sort this out?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Social Media

Return to “Games - Requests”