Atarifreakz

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

256KColours
Atarian
Atarian

Atarifreakz

Postby 256KColours » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Hello everyone

Has anyone here ordered from Atarifreakz? Has anyone had any communication difficulties attempting to do so?

I'm looking to buy a system from him. I know which system I want and the price to pay. I emailed him back and forth intermittently over the past month, asking questions. I'm now ready to purchase, but despite repeated emails over the past two weeks asking to confirm payment details, I have not received any response.

He has excellent feedback on eBay, so I really don't understand the issue I am having. I'm about ready to give up...

I literally just want to pay him now, but I don't know how to close the deal or to pay for the item. Multiple emails requesting have gone unanswered. I don't know what else I can do.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Atarifreakz

Postby Dal » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:22 pm

He might be on holiday?
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Tronic
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Tronic » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 pm

I have similar systems. Maybe I can help?
Atari STE, Mega STE, Atari STFM, UltraSatan, SatanDisk, BBC Micro Model B, Playstation 1, Playstation 4, XBox360, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, NintendoDS, Super Nintendo Classic Mini, Sony PSP and Super Nintendo.

http://www.ataristsales.com and http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jays-Retro-Computer-Sales.
Atari ST demoscener active in Effect^Elite^Checkpoint as a coder and disk packer since 1992!

Zippy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Zippy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:55 pm

I bought a Mega ST4 from them about 4 years ago and everything was fine, including emails back and forward. And it still works today. :)

FedePede04
Atari God
Atari God

Postby FedePede04 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Bought a STFM from him and some other stuff like a mouse. there was no problem regarding the deals all when fine, the STFM was very good packed.
only problem whit him now, i think he got too expensive

256KColours wrote:Hello everyone

Has anyone here ordered from Atarifreakz? Has anyone had any communication difficulties attempting to do so?

I'm looking to buy a system from him. I know which system I want and the price to pay. I emailed him back and forth intermittently over the past month, asking questions. I'm now ready to purchase, but despite repeated emails over the past two weeks asking to confirm payment details, I have not received any response.

He has excellent feedback on eBay, so I really don't understand the issue I am having. I'm about ready to give up...

I literally just want to pay him now, but I don't know how to close the deal or to pay for the item. Multiple emails requesting have gone unanswered. I don't know what else I can do.
Atari will rule the world, long after man has disappeared

sometime my English is a little weird, Google translate is my best friend :)

tat
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby tat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:36 pm

His ebay page suggests that he is away:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/atarifreakz

"Thankyou for visiting Atarifreakz, we will be open for business again from September 6th"

mpattonm
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mpattonm » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:00 pm

Luckily, he sent my eBay order just two days ago.

256KColours
Atarian
Atarian

Postby 256KColours » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Oops! I forgot to check back on this topic.

First of all, thank you to everyone who's responded.

As has been noted, Atarifreakz is now on holiday, although he wasn't on holiday a day or two before I posted the above message, as the away message wasn't on his eBay account at the time, and someone in this topic has noted that he had just shipped them an item.

I don't doubt everyone else has had a positive experience with him, including quick responses to emails, so I am unclear what's gone wrong in this case.

All is not lost, however, as I have been able to locate another potential seller for the item I'm looking to purchase and I am in negotiations with them now about buying it. :)

qq1975b
Atari God
Atari God

Postby qq1975b » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 pm

256KColours wrote:Oops! I forgot to check back on this topic.

First of all, thank you to everyone who's responded.

As has been noted, Atarifreakz is now on holiday, although he wasn't on holiday a day or two before I posted the above message, as the away message wasn't on his eBay account at the time, and someone in this topic has noted that he had just shipped them an item.

I don't doubt everyone else has had a positive experience with him, including quick responses to emails, so I am unclear what's gone wrong in this case.

All is not lost, however, as I have been able to locate another potential seller for the item I'm looking to purchase and I am in negotiations with them now about buying it. :)

He is very reliable. I have bought some items from him over the years.
Trying to learn...

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”