FS: STF1040, SM125, printer, software, books. UK

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

stringbean
Atarian
Atarian

FS: STF1040, SM125, printer, software, books. UK

Postby stringbean » Mon May 23, 2016 4:51 pm

About two years ago I tried to sell my old ST kit through eBay and got into an acrimonious dispute, which ended up with me retaining everything. I'm now having another go at offering this. Rather than retype everything, this is the text from my original listing - nothing has changed except it's all now two years' older.

It's taking up space and needs to go. I don't want to split this and I don't have the option to set it up again and test this or that, sorry.

If anyone wants to make the journey to Oxfordshire UK and collect this lot then they can take it away as it is FREE. I guess couriering is possible but I hope someone will save me from having to consider that.

Questions if you like, I'll do my best to answer but doubt I can say more than is described here.

Hardware:

* the computer plus mouse(in original box, poly intact, & original manuals)
* external modulator (STF's don't have an internal one)
* monitor-SCART lead
* SM125 monochrome monitor (in original box, poly intact, & original manuals) and intact monitor cover
* Epson LX-86 dot matrix printer with fanfold-feeder (in original box, poly intact, & original manuals), and some fanfold paper (not shown)
* Supradisk 20MB external hard disk and setup software
* two Kempston joysticks plus rear port converter to connect two additional joysticks (four-player games)
* All associated interconnect and power cables

Reference textbooks:

* "Tricks & Tips of the Atari ST"
* "Atari ST 3d Graphics"
* "Atari GEM Programmer's Reference"

Software

* WordUp word processing software (in original box & original manuals)
* Trip-A-Tron light synthesiser software (in original wallet & original manuals)
* Many, games, some with manuals, a few also with boxes. Including: Gauntlet 2; Powermonger; F-29 Retaliator; Air Bucks; Buggy Boy; Ikari Warriors; Battleships; Bomb Jack; Beyond the Ice Palace; Dungeon Master; Paperboy; Gunship; World Class Leaderboard; Federation of Free Traders; Battle chess; The Empire Strikes Back; Winter Olympiad 88; Warp; Proflight; Word Up; Goldrunner; Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters; Carrier Command; Boston Bomb Club; Captain Blood; Outrun; Star Wars; Ultima 5 Warriors of Destiny; Hard Drivin'; Demoniak; Space Crusade; Super Soccer Challenge; Batman The Movie; Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade; Robocop; Ghostbusters 2; The Seven Gates of Jambala; R-Type; Advanced Dungeon & Dragons; Side Arms; Catch 23; Storm Master; Dyna Blaster
* Over 40 magazine coverdisks, mainly from ST Format
* 12 or more public domain software disks
* And another 40 or so disks that I've acquired along the way, some labelled, some not. I've no idea now how I came about having them, nor the accuracy of what's written on the labels.

The last time this was used in ernest was over ten years ago. Since then, I think it has been set up and turned on once - about a year ago to see if everything still worked! This is what I found:

* Computer runs on low and medium res using the SCART connector to TV, and high res on the SM125 monochrome monitor.
* Obviously from the above, the monitor worked fine too.
* The Supradisk worked, auto booted into the profile selection window, and then autoloaded the correct programs for the options I tried. I have left the custom config selection software preloaded.
* The printer mades noises and pulled the paper through, but print quality was poor, I think a new ribbon would fix that
* Many of the floppy disks are sticky and do not turn freely. I think the long-term stoage has done the internal mechanisms no favours.
* The computer would NOT boot correctly from the internal floppy. It eventually booted to desktop after timing out and then refused to recognise the presence of the drive. The drive installed is a replacement. However, the floppy DID read disks - the ones that span up OK - once booted from the Supradisk, so the drive and at least some of the floppies are not entirely dead.
* Given the above, I couldn't verify operation with ANY of the games. The games did work when I last played them (although I can't now believe I found time to play all of them). I can't tell you more than that.
* The spacebar is only sprung on one side and function was a bit hit-and-miss.

There is masses of stuff here totalling around 45kg, and it's not packed well enough to survive a courier, so local collection only please.

Not listed here, but also available if the buyer wishes is my old 12" CRT colur TV that I used instead of Atari's colour monitor. It's not shown in the photos, it is unboxed and the remote is missing. If you want it and you're happy to pay the additional shipping, then it's yours for no extra charge. Otherwise it's off to the dump.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Re: FS: STF1040, SM125, printer, software, books. UK

Postby spiny » Tue May 24, 2016 3:48 pm

I've approved your account, so you can now send and receive PMs :)

Driant
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Driant » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:51 am

You still have this fella?

stringbean
Atarian
Atarian

Postby stringbean » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:34 am

Sure do. You want it?

Driant
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Driant » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Tbh all I'm after is a decent ST and some games to reminisce. This looks like it could be above my paygrade lol. Especially as you're not sure some of it works. Don't want to trek all the way to Oxford for scrap ;) Let me have a think and come back to you :)

stringbean
Atarian
Atarian

Postby stringbean » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Sure. Just let me know.

keops
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby keops » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:25 am

Do you have a photo of the boxed games? I might be interested, thank you!

stringbean
Atarian
Atarian

Postby stringbean » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 am

Sorry, no. It's all packed up, taped up and not particularly easy to get at. I think what's in the first photo is what there is box-wise. I think I must have rationalised quite severely at some point.

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby spiny » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:38 pm

I picked this up today :) currently testing everything, all good so far :)

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”