For sale: Atari ST Book laptop

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Mal7921
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

For sale: Atari ST Book laptop

Postby Mal7921 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi all, due to things never running smooth in life, I'm having to dispose of a lot of kit from my collection(s) over the years. On the Atari side, most of my equipemtn must now go.

So first up is that wonder of the Atari world the Atari ST Book.

Recently refurbished, the screen is now clear and fully working thanks to our resident expert here, Simbo (Thank you sir, it was an excellent job done). The hard drive had failed so was replaced with an SD card, which is accessible from the modem add on slot under the vector pad.

The ROM is english, though I can supply the original German ROM if needed, the power supply is included and hopefully the original German manuals (Complete with warrenty card) will be found soon (They were in with the software when we moved house so I know we have them somewhere).

It is still in pretty good condition, though due to the fragility of the case and the idiot who posted it out to me when I bought it, some things are not perfect (Trust me when I say I was not happy when the machine first arrived). Unfortunatly due to the poor packaging, the clasp for the lid was broken (More like shattered into small pieces) and was not repairable, so this is missing. Also the left end cap on the hinge is also missing, along with the back cover. However this is a 24 year old machine, and probably well worked at the beginning of its life.

The screen is clear and has no lines after Simbo's expert repair of the connecting system and it has a number of partitions on the main drive. Due to the SD card arrangement it is quite easy to get software to and from the machine, however if you wish to do it the old fashioned way, I have the ST Book floppy disk images available.

Now due to the missing panels, I'm not expecting to get what some of these machines have fetched in the past (Though I remember what I paid for mine causing a stir here when I bought it all those years ago) and I'm open to offers before risking placing it back on ebay.

Photographs can be supplied on request (Took a few this evening), though do note that I am away week commencing 7th December, so if something is agreed that week, I cannot even start to think about posting it until the Saturday of that week.

PM me if you are interested.

I'll be sad to see it go, but better with another enthusiast than keep risking it being damaged in transit, by clumsy children/adults.
The collection:

Atari 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 520STfm
Atari STe
Atari Falcon, 14MB, 40GB IDE drive

Zogging Hell
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: For sale: Atari ST Book laptop

Postby Zogging Hell » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:55 pm

Oh for not having a negative bank balance... ;)
Firebee, Falcon CT60, Milan 040, Falcon MkI, TT, Mega STe, Mega ST + Lots of STs of various flavours

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: For sale: Atari ST Book laptop

Postby Robson » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:10 pm

I sent you a pm.
------------------------------------------------
http://tercsirobi.byethost14.com
------------------------------------------------

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”