For Trade: AmigaOne X1000 for Firebee or Falcon + cash

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

For Trade: AmigaOne X1000 for Firebee or Falcon + cash

Postby AtariSociety » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:51 pm

If you don't know what an AmigaOne X1000, then this trade is not for you. They are not cheap. But figured I would go on the limb here in case there was an USA or Canada based Amiga enthusiast that been wanting to buy an X1000 (they sell new for $3300) but could not find the extra cash to do so.

I will be selling my X1000 soon, probably for $2750 or so, but if someone here has an Atari Falcon or Atari Firebee for partial trade, plus difference in cash, I may consider it.

I know, more than likely no amigan's here but you never know.

So figured I would ask.

Email me what you have and where you are and we can see if we can strike a deal. Figure the Falcon or Firebee will be worth $800 or so to me off the price of my X1000.

If you have both Atari, may consider both too.

TJ

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: For Trade: AmigaOne X1000 for Firebee or Falcon + cash

Postby AtariSociety » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:17 am

Appears no one interested so moving on and taking the X1000 off the market. Was able to sell something else so with no need to sell my X now, just decided to take the ad down. But maybe get a Firebee again one day. TJ
Last edited by AtariSociety on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 am

It is nice to see you want to trade AmigaOne for the FireBee. But FireBee is rare and we love it. And it seems you too :)
Dont you already have a FireBee? Want one more?

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:14 am

Everyone seems to think a Firebee is to expensive, so $2750, that's like 3 Firebees or a really nice modern quad i7 kit. Could try ebay, where crazy prices are the norm. :lol:

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariSociety » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Vido, I sold mine. It was OK but very alpha for me. So I sold it to someone here on the board that could make better use of it. I only had a trade on the board as needed some cash for another purchase I had but was able to sell something else to make that happen so took this ad down. An AmigaOne and Firebee have no comparison with each other, as fun as the Firebee can be that is. But yes, I would rock one again when the time is right. Really actually prefer getting me a Falcon. TJ

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:14 pm

If you want new FireBee, just take care that you will check frequently acp.atari.org page, this forum, ... next month! ;)

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby HuggyOne76 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Problem is the price. 2750 $ !!!! I can buy it NEW from the store at 2320 $ !!! So even if I want an X1000, I prefer to see at relec.ch... Sorry ! :D

paul92706
Atari God
Atari God

Postby paul92706 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:37 pm

wow!
Atari Falcon CT60/CTPCI 14MB+ 512mb ATI9250 + NetUSBee
Atari Falcon030 CF 4gb + NetUSBee+ 14MB Ram
Atari TT030 2meg STRAM/16meg TTRAM + Nova Adaptor +Maxtor SCSI HD + DaynaPort Pocket SCSI

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariSociety » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:42 am

HuggyOne76 wrote:Problem is the price. 2750 $ !!!! I can buy it NEW from the store at 2320 $ !!! So even if I want an X1000, I prefer to see at relec.ch... Sorry ! :D

You would be very wrong HuhhyOne76.

Look again.

That $2320 is for the NEMO board only. Not the full computer.

Go to amigakit.com and config the official AmigaOne X1000 and you will quickly see the exact config of the system I was selling will tally to about $3300 shipped to USA.

I should know. I own one.

So mine was a good $700 LOWER than buying new. For that savings you can buy yourself an aCube 460 motherboard for that and have a 2nd NG Amiga.

If you like amiga that is.

So, please look again because you are off on your calculations. :lol:

TJ

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariSociety » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:43 am

And BTW, I had owned a Relec The Red One before buying my X1000 so I also know Relec very well. :wink: :wink: They are a cool group.

I only posted this possible trade the slight chance there was other like mind folks that also had interest in other platforms like Amiga. I did not expect any replies at all actually and once my other funding came through, I dropped the ad.

But yes, AmigaOne are not cheap at all but most hobbiest systems are not anyway and most of us realize that. I for one do. Like the Firebee, I purchased my 1st one to support the cause was all. I do the same on other platforms too.

TJ

HuggyOne76
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby HuggyOne76 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:16 pm

So there's a problem. I can do this order :
NEMO
RAM 2GB ou 4 GB Crucial PN: CT25664AA800: 2GB (2x1GB)
Serial debug port: SER int-SER ext.
Tower X1000: Fractal Design R4 noir

2411$ today. But there's possibly a problem on their website, I didn't say your price is wrong, just that I thought the price dropped since you bought it.

paul92706
Atari God
Atari God

Postby paul92706 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Seem's to me like you want full price on a USED item. If people wanted it they could just get it NEW off that site for the same price and it's gonna cost to shipp it either way no? and as Huggyone say's the price has dropp since! :shrug:
Atari Falcon CT60/CTPCI 14MB+ 512mb ATI9250 + NetUSBee
Atari Falcon030 CF 4gb + NetUSBee+ 14MB Ram
Atari TT030 2meg STRAM/16meg TTRAM + Nova Adaptor +Maxtor SCSI HD + DaynaPort Pocket SCSI

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariSociety » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:15 am

paul92706 wrote:Seem's to me like you want full price on a USED item. If people wanted it they could just get it NEW off that site for the same price and it's gonna cost to shipp it either way no? and as Huggyone say's the price has dropp since! :shrug:

Sorry, I am fairly sure there has been no price drop. I would be crazy to try and sell something used when the new is the same price. I am guessing their site is not reporting the correct amount. Happened to me too when I purchased my Red One years ago.

I have never seen AmigaKit/Aeon lower the price on the X1000 considering the PA Chip was costing them almost $1K alone.

If Relec is selling the same exact config as I posted via AmiKit in the official case at that price, I would be shocked. I follow all the Amiga forums and never a mention X1000 has ever come down in price. So something is not right.

But yes, if that is the case, it would have been crazy for anyone to buy.

I am fairly sure their site is reporting wrong.

I may email them and ask.

Anyway, no big issue.

Enjoy your computing.

TJ

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariSociety » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:30 am

The ad states something about a Holiday sale. I have a feeling it was something special they did in the past or something and the system is not giving the real total. Considering the maker of the board A-Eon/AmigaKit sell the mother board alone for almost that price, I would be shocked if any smaller dealer would be selling for less than them.

But one never knows so I can't say never. Or did I just say that. hehehe

Will not bet that I will eat my shorts if the price is that low. :lol:

Anyway, will be nice to know for sure.

I will save my pennies for a future Falcon. Always wanted one. Own everything else Atari wise but never a Falcon.

TJ

AtariSociety
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariSociety » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:17 am

As I suspected, the website is not correct on prices. I received an eail back from Relec explaining just that.

To actually get an X1000 from them to USA would have been even more expensive that AmigaKit. In fact they recommended not getting the fractal case from them and only the front boing ball bezel and buying the case in USA and putting it all together myself.

So not only would have it been more expensive, I would have had to put it all together.

So in the end, yes, if someone here actually was like me into many platforms including Amiga, and had wanted one, they would have had a smoking deal. About $700 lower than AmigaKit. Add to that if they had an Falcon or Firebee in the mix, they could have done it with even less cash out of pocket and used fair value on their trade in trade for mine.

All a mute point now that I took mine off the market. Actually had an offer at my full asking price from a Amiga forum but as they were offering, I was taking the ad down as I sold other goods and no longer had the need to sell my X1000.

:wink:

TJ

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”