Atari Best Electronics rocks

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

pmack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Atari Best Electronics rocks

Postby pmack » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:53 am

Just want to give a shout-out for Best Electronics (http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/). I got a 1040 from them and it got damaged by USPS. These guys not only helped me with the insurance paperwork but actually made sure I got my replacement as soon as possible. I just got my replacement today and it is working like a charm.

I've bought from some other sites and the experience is not always great. I highly recommend buying from them these guys though. You will probably pay more than used stuff from ebay but your chances of getting good quality computers that actually work are much higher... At least for me, it was worth it.

Frank B
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Atari Best Electronics rocks

Postby Frank B » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:54 am

If he replies! He didn't bother when I wanted to buy stuff. I sent two emails and he didn't reply.

[ProToS]

Postby [ProToS] » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:31 pm

strange, every time I have ask something he reply to my emails.

by the way I move this topic for "For sale / Wanted" since it's a atari shop/dealer
feedback from forum user.
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Brad at Best Electonics is simply awesome - I can't say enough good things about them! :)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

Frank B
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Frank B » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:17 pm

DarkLord wrote:Brad at Best Electonics is simply awesome - I can't say enough good things about them! :)

Well I sent I think three emails using different accounts according to the rules listed on his page and he didn't reply. I figured he wasn't keen on selling anything :0

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Are you kidding me? I've spent literally hundreds of dollars on Atari stuff from them.

I usually get a reply from Brad in 3-4 days.

I don't think they are open on weekends, and its afternoon (Pacific standard time)
that they are in.

In probably 20 years of buying from BE, I've never had one single complaint.
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

Frank B
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Frank B » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:40 pm

DarkLord wrote:Are you kidding me? I've spent literally hundreds of dollars on Atari stuff from them.

I usually get a reply from Brad in 3-4 days.

I don't think they are open on weekends, and its afternoon (Pacific standard time)
that they are in.

In probably 20 years of buying from BE, I've never had one single complaint.

Nope. I'm not kidding. I wanted to buy several items and sent several request emails. He didn't reply at all. Perhaps his email was dead or something but it didn't leave a good impression. Perhaps he should set up an online shopping cart system instead. That way he won't lose orders if stuff gets lost in the ether.
Just my exp however. Looks like you've never had any problems which is good :)

pmack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby pmack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:18 am

You must have caught him in a bad time I guess. In my case he replied emails daily, really responsive. You should definitely try again. I will also send a msg letting Bradley know that you are looking for him.

Frank B
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Frank B » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:44 am

pmack wrote:You must have caught him in a bad time I guess. In my case he replied emails daily, really responsive. You should definitely try again. I will also send a msg letting Bradley know that you are looking for him.

This was quite some time ago. Last year I think. I have all the bits I need just now via ebay. I'll try again at some point in future tho.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:44 am

May be DL need to introduce FB to BE ??
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

firyembers
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby firyembers » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 pm

I agree he rocks,i bought a duff falcon when i was in the states working in San Francisco a couple of years ago,i phoned Brad if he could help me diagnose and fix it,i visited him and within an hour it turned out ok,just needed a power supply which i bought from him and a few other pieces...
just cannot fault his service and enthusiasm for helping Atari users...

KLund1
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby KLund1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:34 pm

BE is the the Ultimate place to get Atari stuff. What's more, he is about 1/2 mile from my work!! If I email him in the morning, I can pick up my stuff after lunch. (I do not have to pay any shipping!!) Brad is helpful, easy going, and he knows his Atari stuff. He's like a walking Atari encyclopaedia!!
You need to be careful with how you write your subjects in your emails to him. He must be using a strong spam filter. I usually put his part number and 'purchase' as the subject.
You should see the warehouses! Pallets of Atari products stacked 40 feet!! It kind looks like the final shot of "Raider of the Lost Ark" Makes you want to buy 1 of everything.
I wish he could find a way to replace the items he has sold out of, though.
BRAD's the Atari MAN!!
UPDATED: Falcon 030(FX-1)(CF int & removable SD), MSTE 4+PS3000 4160STE 2.06+HDFD STacy4-internal-USD 1040STFM+I.B.Driver-5.25"FDD 1040STF 1040ST 520ST-AdSpeed 400-48k 800+810x2+820+822+825+830+835+850, 800XL+IndusGT 600XL 130XE+XF551x2 Portfolio 1200XL APE(Warp+32in1 OS SuperVideo 2.1 256k RAMBO)+1050x2 USD'd+SIO2PC, PC1+PCH204+PCM124+PCF554x2

wood_jl
Atari User
Atari User

Postby wood_jl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:11 am

My experiences with BEST have been very good.

Brad has always replied to my questions, and I usually buy from him after he does.

Something must be wrong; make sure to put "atari" in the subject of your email to penetrate the spam filter.

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”