[Ebay] Mega STE, Mega ST2, 1040 STF, 5 monitors etc

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Zenichiro
Atari User
Atari User

[Ebay] Mega STE, Mega ST2, 1040 STF, 5 monitors etc

Postby Zenichiro » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:15 pm

I saw this on Swiss Ebay a couple of weeks ago and didn't bid as I figured it would be snapped up quickly. It ended up getting no bids. It's come up again and after looking into it further (babelfish) it's collection only and it'll all be dumped this time if it's not sold. It's on the German/Swiss border near Constance, if anyone can pick it up it would be a shame to let this stuff get dumped. It also includes 2 Megafile 44 drives and 6 cartridges along with a bunch of other things.

And if anyone's thinking maybe he'll package up just the Mega STE or smaller parts I guess he won't, I wrote to him a few days ago and got no reply.

Good luck and sorry for the late info, my lifes been up the wall lately.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:46 pm

Got the link there?
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Zenichiro
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Zenichiro » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:02 pm

There's got to be someone near this location who wants a load of cheap Atari's ???
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Bnicke
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Bnicke » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Q: Hey Would you ship this lot of atari to Poland? If you would then what shipping cost are? Regards Marcin 18-Oct-07
A: SORRY NO SHIPPING AT ALL (too heavy and too expensive)! Best regards schorsch3

I just can't stop annoy me on sellers that will not ship or only ship to certain locations because "it it too expensive"... It's not the his/shes fornicating problem! The buyer pays for shipping and if I want to buy 200 tonnes of lime from Camen Islands ans pay £2000 Pound sterling for the shipping it's up to me!... Of cource, it is good if the seller inform that it will be extremly expensive but most people can do mental arithmetic.
Its just one more line in the address field for the seller to type..
/Niklas

AWillson
Atariator
Atariator

Postby AWillson » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:45 am

Okay, this is probably one of those annoying questions where people will probably will just say, "look it up yourself," but here goes: does anyone with any experience in cross Atlantic shipping have an educated guess as to how much it would cost to ship that stuff to the US east cost? In other words, would it be outrageously cost prohibitive, or might it be doable? As most Atarians know, there are simply not nearly enough good Atari systems here in the USA and there are so many in Europe (having something to do with my fellow Americans being too boneheaded to realize the inherent superiority of the ST and..... oops, old habits die hard... :D ).

Thanks,
Aaron
Aaron E. Willson

Atarian since 1988!

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:01 am

Looks like someone has made a bid, so it won't be going to the tip after all :)
And with any luck the buyer will plonk the items back on E-Bay individually WITH postage available, and with the usual artificial E-Bay mark-up 8)

tjlazer
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby tjlazer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:53 am

AWillson wrote:Okay, this is probably one of those annoying questions where people will probably will just say, "look it up yourself," but here goes: does anyone with any experience in cross Atlantic shipping have an educated guess as to how much it would cost to ship that stuff to the US east cost? In other words, would it be outrageously cost prohibitive, or might it be doable? As most Atarians know, there are simply not nearly enough good Atari systems here in the USA and there are so many in Europe (having something to do with my fellow Americans being too boneheaded to realize the inherent superiority of the ST and..... oops, old habits die hard... :D ).

Thanks,
Aaron

I just got a quote to ship a Vic 20 computer to New Zealand and it was $72. $230 with Federal Express. You get the idea...
Atari Computer Collector since 1984

From the 8-bit Atari 400 to the 32-bit Atari TT030!

AWillson
Atariator
Atariator

Postby AWillson » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:50 am

tjlazer wrote:
AWillson wrote:Okay, this is probably one of those annoying questions where people will probably will just say, "look it up yourself," but here goes: does anyone with any experience in cross Atlantic shipping have an educated guess as to how much it would cost to ship that stuff to the US east cost? In other words, would it be outrageously cost prohibitive, or might it be doable? As most Atarians know, there are simply not nearly enough good Atari systems here in the USA and there are so many in Europe (having something to do with my fellow Americans being too boneheaded to realize the inherent superiority of the ST and..... oops, old habits die hard... :D ).

Thanks,
Aaron

I just got a quote to ship a Vic 20 computer to New Zealand and it was $72. $230 with Federal Express. You get the idea...

Yup, thanks. Definitely sounds like it is technically doable if you really want to, but a whole lot would cost.... errr, a whole lot! Definitely something for one off special items methinks.

Thank you!
Aaron
Aaron E. Willson

Atarian since 1988!

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”