ZX Spectrum stuff

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:43 pm

I wonder if the heatsink on the 128k speccy was simply an improvement to the 48+ design to remedy a common overheating problem not related to the extra memory (i.e. a prob with the 48+)?
Yes it does get warm as does the complete underside of the 48+ / 128 models, keeps the legs warm during winter..
Good for playing games also :wink:

Dark Willow
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Dark Willow » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:00 pm

AFAIK it wasactually for cooling. Why they didn't simply have a more open/slatted case design instead I don't know though, can't help thinking it woul dhave been easier and better solution.

I'm looking at getting one of the russian clone speccy systems, as a mix of 1980's micro nostaliga tinged with cold war artifacts is just too good to pass up
TT030, 10mb/16mb, 3.5" SCSI multi-card reader (2gb CF/512mb SD), Matrix TC1006 gfx card, EtherNEC, Epson GT scanner, VanillaMint | 1040STe, 4mb, TOS 1.62, MegaFile 60, SM125 | Lynx II | 800XL, 64k, 1050 disk drive, XC12 tape deck, MicroLink parallel adapter

PuppySoft:Projects & More

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:34 pm

Good plan Willow, just remember to check everything with a Geiger counter first - just in case :wink:

Womble
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Womble » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:50 am

Re using Spectrum with PC - yes you can, I just did. Check out what I built tho to use it with my Ipod - slinky eh :D

http://www.catharton.net/electronica/index.php?topic=22693.0

By the way - that site offers a FREE game, bought by the Admin from Amazon UK upto the value of 30 UK pounds and delivered anywhere in the world (within the 30 quid limit) just for writing a review of a game - ithe review can be for an old game too.

I won the Jan review for my review of Wings of Death on the ST platform - take a look - its a legit offer.

The only caveat is the review HAS to be unique to that site - cutting and pasting from other places is frowned upon. The owner is trying to create a top class retro gaming site full of enthusiasts and not just host the same old same old thats already out there.

Pop on over - am Womble there too. All are welcome.

btw - except Doomy - I have the power to delete your spam, cough sorry I meant posts.

nobogod
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nobogod » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:42 am

Womble wrote:I won the Jan review for my review of Wings of Death on the ST platform - take a look - its a legit offer.

Where is it?

Womble wrote:The only caveat is the review HAS to be unique to that site - cutting and pasting from other places is frowned upon.

So I guess you cannot put it in Atari Legend now?

Womble
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Womble » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:06 pm

Tis here

http://www.catharton.net/electronica/index.php?topic=11051.0

Technically not but I guess there is no way to stop anyone grabbing a copy if they so wish. The main thing is that Catharton is not full of the same stuff that every other site is, a huge amount of reviews out there are wholesale cut and paste jobbies.[/u]

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:03 am

Man, that is a big forum, never knew of it until now...
So many Catagories/sections... must be difficult for the overlords to maintain a strict regime like here...
I see you have been busy there Womble :)

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”