BRUCE LEE - 5m52s NEW SPEEDRUN WR! (ZX SPECTRUM)

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Zeusdaz
Atari freak
Atari freak

BRUCE LEE - 5m52s NEW SPEEDRUN WR! (ZX SPECTRUM)

Postby Zeusdaz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi, I just wanted to share this as I'm really over the moon with it.
I set a couple of very fast speedruns of Bruce Lee on the ZX Spectrum during my last 2 livestream videos, I first broke the 7m barrier by a second, then last week I hit a finishing time of 6m04s but today I really fancied a couple more goes and to my shock not only did I shave 12 seconds off my previous time but I couldn't believe I broke the 6 minute barrier which I didn't think was possible with a run time of 5m52s.
Please feel free to view and comment, It's awaiting approval on the Speedrun.com World Record site :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRoR1l5iAtU

Thanks for checking this out, Zeus.

guythp
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: BRUCE LEE - 5m52s NEW SPEEDRUN WR! (ZX SPECTRUM)

Postby guythp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:27 pm

Well done you :D

If I'm honest I don' think I ever got past the second screen. Now I know you have to collect the lanterns to progress! I really should start reading manuals to games, but I think it's to late for me.
The Hairy Pies

Zeusdaz
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Zeusdaz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:38 am

guythp wrote:Well done you :D

If I'm honest I don' think I ever got past the second screen. Now I know you have to collect the lanterns to progress! I really should start reading manuals to games, but I think it's to late for me.

Thanks :D It certainly wasn't easy, I always had a feel for this game but I still had to really study the games weaknesses and get much practice in.
I can't believe you didn't know you had to collect the lanterns :lol: :wink:

distantminds

Postby distantminds » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 pm

hahaahaha I absolutely RINSED this game in 1985/86 and like Guy I had absolutely no idea there was more than two screens! :D

I didn't really care, i was happy just running about occasionally kicking the fat guy in ;)

great effort anyway :)

Zeusdaz
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Zeusdaz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:13 am

distantminds wrote:hahaahaha I absolutely RINSED this game in 1985/86 and like Guy I had absolutely no idea there was more than two screens! :D

I didn't really care, i was happy just running about occasionally kicking the fat guy in ;)

great effort anyway :)

Thanks, I'm gonna try a live sub 6 minute run again this sunday via livestream on my youtube channel, I doubt I'll do a run as fast as 5m52secs though :shrug:

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”