Cyprian wrote:another improvement could be obtained from reducing string's bitplanes count. e.g from four to two.
dhedberg wrote:Keep it up. I used to love Outrun in the arcades!
mlynn1974 wrote:Well done!
ST game logic bug:
1. The car accelerates slowly past 193km/h in low gear. Being in low gear should prevent the car accelerating past 193km/h.
2. In the arcade version acceleration is slower below 193km/h in high gear.
I also think the blitter would be best used for the road drawing if possible.
How much processor time does the music take?
David Whittaker\Jas C Brooke replay routine usually takes approximately 7% CPU time.
dlfrsilver wrote:Fedepede, do you need assets from the arcade?
dlfrsilver wrote:Ok, let me work that out tonight
mlynn1974 wrote:On the Amiga\Vampire conversion of Cannonball they switched off the clouds because it took too much CPU time.
Someone converted the car to 8 colours for an Amiga port that was never completed. Remapping the palette may be challenging.
I have attached the only picture I have of that.
It seems the driver and the lady in the car are sprites that are layered on top.
warp12 wrote:I would be interesting in running the standard version, with added frame counter, on accelerated and emulated platforms. Would be be enlightening.
swapd0 wrote:I did a frame counter many years ago like this way:
- you have an array of "booleans" with 50 elements all set to false
- on each vbl you increment the index into the array and clear his value
- each time you finish a frame mark the array[index] as true
- count how many true values you have into the array and that's the fps.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests