Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby bj » Tue May 20, 2008 1:07 pm

I for one think an important topic has been raised here. The question being should a person who feels personally affronted by someone else on the Atari scene then take action that will lead many people to be deprived of valuable resources? aAd by that I mean doing something to close down a website that contains files that have proved very useful to many people just because you feel personally peeved with people connected to that website. And what will be the retaliation if someone goes in for this kind of petty tit-for-tat behaviour? Obviously from the way I've framed the questions I think it is a very bad idea. It is a very important question and people should be given the space to air their views since someone has suggested it and the consequences may affect many.

What I don't understand is why you P. P. don't focus on all the support and appreciation you are getting from your contributions here on this forum but instead seem to focus on some hurt somebody else has done to you. Maybe it's not the thread that needs closing down but the ongoing hassle between DBug and PP. I suggest that if somebody is trying to needle you one of the worst things you can do is to repeatedly rise to the bait -- expressing hurt and outrage about it -- because that's exactly what they want from you.

Good wishes to you P. P. if someone has wrongly criticised/slandered one of your programs on another website they haven't done you or anyone else any favours and I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you will go on producing your very useful programs for the Atari community and that in that way you can have the last laugh.
regards
BJ
bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jd » Tue May 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Great post ^
jd
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby cb » Tue May 20, 2008 1:53 pm

I really enjoy the endless trolling and insults that Ppera is pulling out every time he reads something he doesn't like. Now that's hilarious and definitely helps his cause. :lol:
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby ppera » Tue May 20, 2008 4:40 pm

cb wrote:I really enjoy the endless trolling and insults that Ppera is pulling out every time he reads something he doesn't like. Now that's hilarious and definitely helps his cause. :lol:

I read many posts what don't like. Not only in Atari forums or WEBsites. Answer maybe to couple % of them.
This is obviously one of such case.
Now comes something what missing from your post (and missing from D-bug site too) : explanation, arguments.
Yes, I used harsh words about D-bug. Was it trollong? Hardly. Everyone with little knowledge about human psychology can see that they have serious problems with social behaviour.
Helping my case? I don't care for help, frankily. Maybe nobody really can help in this case. Shallow posts like your definitely helps not community - you write what you like.
At the end truth will prevail. I have time... People will forget most of written here, but SW will do for what is made.
Thank you for your time...
ppera

Postby ppera » Tue May 20, 2008 4:51 pm

bj wrote:...
Maybe it's not the thread that needs closing down but the ongoing hassle between DBug and PP. I suggest that if somebody is trying to needle you one of the worst things you can do is to repeatedly rise to the bait -- expressing hurt and outrage about it -- because that's exactly what they want from you...
Good wishes to you P. P. if someone has wrongly criticised/slandered one of your programs on another website they haven't done you or anyone else any favours and I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you will go on producing your very useful programs for the Atari community and that in that way you can have the last laugh.

That's nice idea. Just I don't see that other side wants it.
Last laugh? I don't see anything for laugh here. I feel sorry for D-bug in fact. They could remain here. They could do some cooperation with other programmers, crackers etc. But they shoosed to be the smartest, best in Atari game adaptations. Maybe they are really best in that. They continue silly behaviur from cracking days - "we are the best, cluck the rest!" - ... we listen to nobody. Etc... So, I don't want to laugh on anyone. I don't want to be winner. I just want that some people start to think little more...
ppera

Postby cb » Tue May 20, 2008 6:13 pm

ppera wrote:
cb wrote:I really enjoy the endless trolling and insults that Ppera is pulling out every time he reads something he doesn't like. Now that's hilarious and definitely helps his cause. :lol:

I read many posts what don't like. Not only in Atari forums or WEBsites. Answer maybe to couple % of them.
This is obviously one of such case.
Now comes something what missing from your post (and missing from D-bug site too) : explanation, arguments.
Yes, I used harsh words about D-bug. Was it trollong? Hardly. Everyone with little knowledge about human psychology can see that they have serious problems with social behaviour.
Helping my case? I don't care for help, frankily. Maybe nobody really can help in this case. Shallow posts like your definitely helps not community - you write what you like.
At the end truth will prevail. I have time... People will forget most of written here, but SW will do for what is made.

You missed my sarcasm completely. The problem is not to figure out who is right between you and Dbug. You won't get any positive results by insulting people each time you feel pissed off.
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby sh3-rg » Tue May 20, 2008 6:24 pm

ppera wrote:Everyone with little knowledge about human psychology can see that they have serious problems with social behaviour.

My God you are actually serious about this?! You seriously think D-Bug are sociopaths? Yellow_Colorz_PDT_23 Some people take them far too seriously. On the whole, they're just a bunch of fornicating cunts, simple as that - speak with them, they'll tell you just the same :)

ppera wrote:Helping my case? I don't care for help, frankily.

So why rally support for your cause by creating this thread?

ppera wrote:Maybe nobody really can help in this case. Shallow posts like your definitely helps not community - you write what you like.

Just concentrate on your stuff & let it speak for itself. You seem to have a lot of fans who haven't had their partitions wiped or FATs destroyed so as long as they are happy you too can be happy. cool!
fxXxings to disco mobile
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby cb » Tue May 20, 2008 8:35 pm

sh3-rg wrote:

This is one of the many contradictions surfacing from the thread. :ehum:
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby manicx » Wed May 21, 2008 7:37 am

Peace!
manicx
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby godstalker » Wed May 21, 2008 7:45 am

Time heals all wounds. Getting upset about arguments on the intertubes is dumb. People, even intelligent, good-hearted people are frequently arseholes.

Regardless of how much anyone might have the community interest at heart when dealing with aspects of it, you can't win them all, nor should you.

Better sometimes just to let things go - the really mad thing is, given a month or two, it'll more than likely all have settled back to the mean.
+++ Godstalker is a member of Atomic Robokid, the band! http://www.myspace.com/atomicrobokiduk +++
godstalker
Atari User
Atari User

Postby ppera » Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 am

cb wrote:
sh3-rg wrote:

This is one of the many contradictions surfacing from the thread. :ehum:

Yes, yes. It seems like contradictionary. But I not started it asking help. That "where I can report.." was more statement than question. Seeking contradictions in my posts, behaviour will not resolve anything. As I told, it is not only my cause. Question is: are we some community, or just bunch of individuas, clicks (groups) ?
As I see some people even takes side by nation. Can we just focus on what is written there, and clearly say that it is plain wrong? The content, the way how is written...
ppera

Postby sh3-rg » Wed May 21, 2008 2:34 pm

ppera wrote:Question is: are we some community, or just bunch of individuas, clicks (groups) ?

There is no one atari community, there are many & this is a place where a few of them overlap. This leads to scene bois rubbing shoulders with tecnho geeks & gamer lamers, that's bound to cause some conflict :D

ppera wrote:As I see some people even takes side by nation.

You're reading too much into it again. Maybe a lot more of the Brits understand D-Bug's sense of humor & that's why you think there is a nation-wide ppera hate campaign, or maybe you are just wrong. I know there are a number of Brits who consider themselves to be 'on your side', so let's not crank up the xenophobia.

ppera wrote:Can we just focus on what is written there, and clearly say that it is plain wrong?

Written where? That site has fornicating gone as per your request! Try to see the bigger picture.

But OK, let's have a go at a discussion.

One member of D-Bug was using your floimg software, am I following so far? I must be :) Floimg uses some drivers written by somebody else to do certain things, is this OK, too? There was some kind of conflict of software or drivers or something that caused the computer to hang while working with floimg & other programs or processes. It locked up so the computer was reset. When it came back on, a partition had been corrupted, FATs had been over-written with something. If this is what happened (I don't know myself, I'm just trying to remember what I read somewhere) is this absolutely 100% hand on heart swear on your life impossible to occur when using floimg & the drivers it uses? Can you not see any way that this could ever happen to anyone with their particular PC doing whatever they do with their particular PC in their own way while using floimg? That would be a good place to start, unless I got it all wrong :)
fxXxings to disco mobile
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby christos » Wed May 21, 2008 4:44 pm

sh3-rg wrote:
One member of D-Bug was using your floimg software, am I following so far? I must be :) Floimg uses some drivers written by somebody else to do certain things, is this OK, too? There was some kind of conflict of software or drivers or something that caused the computer to hang while working with floimg & other programs or processes. It locked up so the computer was reset. When it came back on, a partition had been corrupted, FATs had been over-written with something. If this is what happened (I don't know myself, I'm just trying to remember what I read somewhere) is this absolutely 100% hand on heart swear on your life impossible to occur when using floimg & the drivers it uses? Can you not see any way that this could ever happen to anyone with their particular PC doing whatever they do with their particular PC in their own way while using floimg? That would be a good place to start, unless I got it all wrong :)

Well sh3, you are right apart from the fact that most people decide that it's impossible to happen.. until of course it happens to them. What I find funny is that ppera could just say: "This I think is impossible but.. please send me an email with your system info and a description of what happened so I can trace it" and he would have at least shown concern as have all the programmers I ever emailed (annoyed) about their software. Of course the reaction was: "No this can't happen with my software you are a liar/lamer/random word here!:
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org
christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby ppera » Wed May 21, 2008 5:29 pm

OK. Now we are at some technical details and way how SW and drivers work under Windows, especially XP.
I think that it will be my last post here. I'm getting bored from explaining some well known and elementary things...

So, idea is that badly written program or driver caused system to hang or restart and after it partition were gone...
First - it is not case of irrecoverable wiping. Then, crash or restart may cause damaging of some files - mostly some cashing files of Win, which are constantly opened by regular work. But damaging partition... No way on healthy system.
By such logic it is even dangerous to run desktop - if it crashes, may loose partitions...
I had many crashes, restarts and never lost any partition - from Win95 to Vista.
And many program crashes often, even basic Win programs as Notepad, Media Palyers etc.

Btw. now we are at insulting Simon Owen, author of Fdrawcmd floppy driver.

Just to mention that Floimg may crash in some cases - mostly by File transfer, if there are some strange parameters, but it just will result in closing program by Win.

Email case: if D-bug really would want good for Atari community, PC users, then they should send me some detaled report about problems, as it goes. I even told them it in case with Drive Imager. But nothing from that. So, about what they care?

But interesting is that some here think that I should ask D-bug still for something...
Yes reaction was that they are morons, lamers etc. Because it was not first case, but at least fifth about stupid comments of my SW. I told that we have history.

Site is gone per my request? If them is easier to remove whole site instead 2 sentences then let it be so... That's all folks. Now back to joysticks ... :D
ppera

Postby cb » Wed May 21, 2008 6:43 pm

ppera wrote:OK. Now we are at some technical details and way how SW and drivers work under Windows, especially XP.
I think that it will be my last post here. I'm getting bored from explaining some well known and elementary things...

So, idea is that badly written program or driver caused system to hang or restart and after it partition were gone...
First - it is not case of irrecoverable wiping. Then, crash or restart may cause damaging of some files - mostly some cashing files of Win, which are constantly opened by regular work. But damaging partition... No way on healthy system.
By such logic it is even dangerous to run desktop - if it crashes, may loose partitions...
I had many crashes, restarts and never lost any partition - from Win95 to Vista.
And many program crashes often, even basic Win programs as Notepad, Media Palyers etc.

Just to mention that Floimg may crash in some cases - mostly by File transfer, if there are some strange parameters, but it just will result in closing program by Win.

Email case: if D-bug really would want good for Atari community, PC users, then they should send me some detaled report about problems, as it goes. I even told them it in case with Drive Imager. But nothing from that. So, about what they care?

But interesting is that some here think that I should ask D-bug still for something...
Yes reaction was that they are morons, lamers etc. Because it was not first case, but at least fifth about stupid comments of my SW. I told that we have history.

Site is gone per my request? If them is easier to remove whole site instead 2 sentences then let it be so... That's all folks. Now back to joysticks ... :D

Image Image Image
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby beastie » Wed May 21, 2008 7:20 pm

ppera wrote:OK. Now we are at some technical details and way how SW and drivers work under Windows, especially XP.

He has right. It looks like that. And he has right about some - general - technical details. We should stop this discussion. I don't believe (or I don't want to, maybe) that D-Bug removed the whole site because of FloImg case - it would be very strange behaviour. I think (or I want to think) they just removed the site for maintenance, only. As someone has said here. And the site will come back. I'm not sure if they will remove this hard-to-understand "joke" about Ppera's software, anyway. But, does it really, really, really matter?

There are people who believes in UFO, Area 51, Roosvel Incident, Big Foots, Chupacabras, Ghosts, whatever else... and all that stuff. It is possilble that some people may belive that FloImg is able to erase the FAT or even the whole partition - sector by sector just in a second :lol: You will never change their mind, no matter what kind of arguments (facts) you wlll use.

I would like to ask, what about telephaty? It is possible that someone from here is able to erase someone's FAT remotely, using telephaty. I've seen a documentary movie on that subject on Discovery channel and I belive it's possible!!! Ask some military experts or spies - some of them were/are using telephaty, why not to erase FAT or disk partitions all over the world? Huh?

So, let's better have some cold beer this evening, as such subjects (telephaty, UFOs) needs some kind of atmosphere... I'm going to read a book on telephaty, so be aware about your disk drives!!! :angel:

:cheers:
Last edited by beastie on Wed May 21, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beastie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby christos » Wed May 21, 2008 7:22 pm

###Telepathy is illegal and not fair play###
My Atari blog

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby simonsunnyboy » Wed May 21, 2008 7:30 pm

Yeah beer :cheers:

Cheers :D
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org
simonsunnyboy

Postby christos » Wed May 21, 2008 9:12 pm

simonsunnyboy wrote:Yeah beer :cheers:

Cheers :D

Grolsch! But I forgot.. no outline for you... :P

Anyway.. ### Beer drinking over telepathy is illegal ###
My Atari blog

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Previous

Return to Website Discussions