Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

ppera

Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby ppera » Sat May 10, 2008 10:09 am

Quote from D-bug site:

"Note: There is a program called FloImg that claims to be working perfectly and can read/write disks on the PC. D-Bug strongly discourages the use of this program, as it is known to wipe out whole Windows partitions without any sort of recovery!!! "

Just to mention that last year Drive Image was program which wiped partitions. And: do they know at all how long takes to wipe some 80GB hard disk ?

I really think that they are pure sociopats, morons etc... Sad, sad... And they are popular by Atari folk.

Where I can report their site to be shut down - because of piracy, not this, of course? I know that it will be considered as bad idea, but I'm really sick of all this...

User avatar
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:03 pm
Location: somewhere in time

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby cb » Sat May 10, 2008 11:21 am

ppera wrote:Where I can report their site to be shut down - because of piracy, not this, of course? I know that it will be considered as bad idea, but I'm really sick of all this...


Very bad idea indeed. :roll:
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
Image

User avatar
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 1:33 pm
Location: bolton - england
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby sh3-rg » Sat May 10, 2008 11:40 am

ppera wrote:Where I can report their site to be shut down - because of piracy, not this, of course? I know that it will be considered as bad idea, but I'm really sick of all this...


Grow a pair. There's no point posting here where they cannot reply. Go post on their site, take it up with them. Or jump in your Delorian & give ELSPA a bell.

ppera

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby ppera » Sat May 10, 2008 1:39 pm

sh3-rg wrote:
ppera wrote:Where I can report their site to be shut down - because of piracy, not this, of course? I know that it will be considered as bad idea, but I'm really sick of all this...


Grow a pair. There's no point posting here where they cannot reply. Go post on their site, take it up with them. Or jump in your Delorian & give ELSPA a bell.


Not quite understand that 'grow...' . I was on their 'nice' forum today, and posted... Not exactly some request or asking them anything... It was done many times before.
They can not reply... Poor banned ex-members. I just ask myself why to hell they were banned. Perhaps here did same bullshit ? Perhaps listened not?
I think that you watched too much time-travel movies :D

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2407
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby charles » Sat May 10, 2008 9:46 pm

its true ppera , these "toughies" have developed a good ideal and it appears to have wound
up in there face.....

i found you with this similar thread on the atari ages forum...good going ppera,now you are here,warning is a good precautionary method!!!!!

this is in my opinion is some type of monopolizing..or hustling or cornoring the market....while everybody who uses this will have set backs and lose data,they will struggle to regain their losses... what a shame, ....

tisk tisk!!!!!!!!!!!!

now time to reviel my little atari secret....

do not use the logic rom...if you use midi and atari , there is a program called e-magic logic.....and here on the forom someone has the logic rom for download, it is a bug and once clicked to open , will infest the pc with virus....i think the black screen of death virus , bit i can't remember....it's not a disk image so don't try ,,,,,ok thats my two cents!!

charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

User avatar
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby bullis1 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:58 pm

ppera wrote:Quote from D-bug site:
"Note: There is a program called FloImg that claims to be working perfectly and can read/write disks on the PC. D-Bug strongly discourages the use of this program, as it is known to wipe out whole Windows partitions without any sort of recovery!!! "
...
I really think that they are pure sociopats, morons etc... Sad, sad... And they are popular by Atari folk.
Where I can report their site to be shut down - because of piracy, not this, of course? I know that it will be considered as bad idea, but I'm really sick of all this...


They can write whatever they want on their own website. If you would like to "fight back", then maybe you can say mean things about them on your website? I'm sure you will feel much better. Also, you should write them some angry emails. That will really get their goat and show them who's boss.
:ehum:
Member of the Atari Legend team

ppera

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby ppera » Mon May 12, 2008 1:25 pm

bullis1 wrote:They can write whatever they want on their own website. If you would like to "fight back", then maybe you can say mean things about them on your website? I'm sure you will feel much better. Also, you should write them some angry emails. That will really get their goat and show them who's boss.
:ehum:


Yeah. As you do - write everything...
Anyway, some people with some knowledge about PC and Win. can easy see what is really going on.
D-bug will be not mentioned on my site.
Thanx for the 'help' 'buddy' .

User avatar
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 1:33 pm
Location: bolton - england
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby sh3-rg » Mon May 12, 2008 1:30 pm

bullis1 wrote:They can write whatever they want on their own website. If you would like to "fight back", then maybe you can say mean things about them on your website? I'm sure you will feel much better. Also, you should write them some angry emails. That will really get their goat and show them who's boss.
:ehum:


I try to say as many mean things about them as possible to whoever will listen. I also sent them several angry emails but all I got back was a signed photograph of Dale Winton. And I don't even think the signature is genuine!

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2407
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby charles » Mon May 12, 2008 10:51 pm

maybe we are all mixed up ...
its obvious we do not know what thier intentions are ,
we only know what the program does...
heck i been programming for 6 years now and ya know i never heard a word about any of the programs i released,
keep in mind
i do not have superior programming skills,

but now my point is
alot of this stuff gets taken for granted, it just sits there waiting to be downloaded until the
one or ten people who need it discover it and unearth its properties,,,especially if its something for the atari st.... so with this acknowledged ,its not surprising it doesn't work right , there are just a handfull of people out there using it , it was not designed to be mainstream or a common tool for all pc users.....

i guess what i want to say is , don't be mad , just get results ..i would aim to have it removed for downloading,,,maybe suggest to have a site where you have to email the creator of the program to gain a copy , something so malicescious is considered a virus
more than a buggy program, and should not be easilly accessed for downloading....

dbug i thought you bunch were tighly wound , whats the scoop with this bogus stuff?

charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:30 am
Location: London

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby bj » Mon May 12, 2008 11:53 pm

ppera wrote: Where I can report their site to be shut down - because of piracy, not this, of course? I know that it will be considered as bad idea, but I'm really sick of all this...



Hallo PP

I hope you've given this idea some serious second thoughts 8O and decided against carrying it out. I don't think the Atari scene or your reputation in it is going to be enhanced by trying to get the website of some fellow Atarians (who have contributed a lot to the scene) closed down. If the claim that you say they make is untrue then publish a clear refutation of it here on the Atari Forum and then just cosy up to those of us here who appreciate your contributions. It seems to me that you've produced some really useful stuff that many of us can use. :| Maybe someone in DBug is being at Prat and trying to damage the reputation of your work. The only real damage they can do to you (in my opinion) is if they hook you into behaving like a Prat in return. If you act on your earlier suggestion I think that's exactly what will have happened.
regards
BJ

User avatar
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10
Posts: 2407
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 am
Location: ont. Canada
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby charles » Tue May 13, 2008 12:55 am

Tommy Hallgren(sa...@utb.shv.hb.se) IRC: D-Bug

i do not know if he is part of dbug
but maybe we can begin our lengthy inquest there,,
these problems just do not fix them selves,
i hope some one knows whats going on around here...and then i too hope there is some one to repair it!!!

charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

ppera

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby ppera » Tue May 13, 2008 9:30 am

bj wrote:Hallo PP

I hope you've given this idea some serious second thoughts 8O and decided against carrying it out. I don't think the Atari scene or your reputation in it is going to be enhanced by trying to get the website of some fellow Atarians (who have contributed a lot to the scene) closed down. If the claim that you say they make is untrue then publish a clear refutation of it here on the Atari Forum and then just cosy up to those of us here who appreciate your contributions. It seems to me that you've produced some really useful stuff that many of us can use. :| Maybe someone in DBug is being at Prat and trying to damage the reputation of your work. The only real damage they can do to you (in my opinion) is if they hook you into behaving like a Prat in return. If you act on your earlier suggestion I think that's exactly what will have happened.


As I know 'fellow' Atarians are banned from this forum. I don't know exact discussion which was last drop in glass, but I saw several posts with very bad behaviour of them, to say it simple.
We can discuss about how much Piracy harmed game and computer industry. It is old theme. I think that piracy had even it's good effects, btw. It is now of course little too late, and D-bug does some useful work with their hard disk adaptations.
And here begins my explanation of their behaviour: they just think that they can monopolize game adaptations and almost everything what goes with it - here I mean supporting SW. it is not new, look many Automation intros where they constantly talk that 'are far above others' and similar. Same is now. What they do is the best, superb.

I will not write any refutation (whatever it means) here, and on other place. I wrote some arguments at Atariage forum. Their arguments are just ridiculous... Roots are in couple discussion here and at Atariage. They just can't stand that someone has his opinion and his way. Plus, they are stucked in past, and don't see that we need some new SW still. I made some SW because it was demand for it - Floppy imager which works well in XP. Simple floppy image runner, etc. People asked for some features, what gave me idea, and it started so...
I don't care for their stupid and absurd SW comments. What worries me is that many people will thrust them, since they are considered as experts. Of course, only people without some average PC experience. D-bug may be good with Ataris, especially game cracking, intros, but are very poor with PC.

Btw. their site is inaccessible at moment - "Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed." And I even didn't report anything. :?

User avatar
unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1961
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Margate, Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby unseenmenace » Tue May 13, 2008 7:53 pm

For what its worth mate I sympathise, and I have been on the receiving end myself. I believe you have produced some very useful stuff and strangely enough not all projects will work perfectly first time and so I don't know why D-Bug insist on having a dig because of some alleged instance of data loss. Most of us here know what they (well one in particular) can be like (most I have never had an issue with) in fact just recently a certain member of D-Bug for no reason whatsoever (since I've not been in contact for ages) felt the need to have a dig at my pet project referring to "Turrican Vapourware" (some of you may have seen the posts about my visit to Daeghnao's place to do a bit more work on it). I can only assume that something very important is missing from the life of someone that constantly feels the need to belittle the endeavours or achievements of others. Personally I feel no need to write back on their forum or anybody elses but thought it was relevant here.
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

User avatar
Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:58 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby Marakatti » Wed May 14, 2008 7:26 am

All I can say is that I've used ppera's excellent FloIMG for few hundreds of disks and never experienced any critical problems with it. It is just what people needs: a five star software that does the job and have rescued many long lost software for my Finnish Atari software preservation project.

In fact I even made a tutorial for the Finnish Atari-users out there to spread the word.

About dbug: I never liked their attitude, back in time I first laughed because I thought their attitude was just sarcasm. Now I know it was just a plain stupidity. Maybe they never got past the 15 years of age, or maybe their kids are now doing the work for them ;) They just seem to live in past which doesn't exist anymore.

They are talented guys on Atari, no one can talk against that, but I'm not using their products.
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

Carbon
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:46 pm

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby Carbon » Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am

And unsurprisingly the Dbug website has been taken offline.... so who reported the website?

User avatar
beastie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby beastie » Wed May 14, 2008 10:34 am

Maybe... - so called - Invisible Hand or Mr Friendly ;-)

Who knows, maybe just the same guy who wrote this crap on the D-BUG website. People are strange.
Last edited by beastie on Wed May 14, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:58 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby Marakatti » Wed May 14, 2008 11:40 am

Lame...
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

User avatar
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2168
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:56 pm
Location: You Kay

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby PaulB » Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 pm

The only reasons their website would be down is if..

They didn't pay to renew the domain name
Their ISP is having problems
They took their site offline on purpose
Their site or their ISP was hacked
A database crash

You can't get taken offline for saying something bad against someone's software (even if it's not true).

User avatar
beastie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby beastie » Wed May 14, 2008 1:55 pm

PaulB wrote:
You can't get taken offline for saying something bad against someone's software (even if it's not true).


That's why I think they went offline themselves... Someone responsible for D-BUG site do that. And it will, maybe, comeback. Probably soon. We will see, if there will be still this crappy info about FloImg, which started our thread here. I think, it will dissapear.
Last edited by beastie on Wed May 14, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby bullis1 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:29 pm

PaulB wrote:They took their site offline on purpose


I immediately thought that they did it themselves in order to make people mad at Ppera. It's very funny (I lol'd when I saw the error yesterday) but I don't think it's fooling anyone. Oh well, I'm sure the site will return when they have something to update with.
Member of the Atari Legend team

ppera

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby ppera » Wed May 14, 2008 3:16 pm

I'm sure that they stayed on leg of some other people too. So, who knows what is going on.
In any case I'm still on that will report... So far I found only UK phone number for that.

User avatar
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby bullis1 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:34 pm

ppera wrote:In any case I'm still on that will report... So far I found only UK phone number for that.


Well, if you're serious then I hope you're banned as well. Why would you (try to) prevent someone from contributing to the scene?
Member of the Atari Legend team

User avatar
spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:53 pm
Location: just outside bristol
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby spiny » Wed May 14, 2008 3:39 pm

ppera wrote:I'm sure that they stayed on leg of some other people too. So, who knows what is going on.
In any case I'm still on that will report... So far I found only UK phone number for that.



If you're serious about reporting them, then you're a fornicating idiot.

User avatar
christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2401
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby christos » Wed May 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Whether the site is down because someone reported them or because they decided they shouldn't bother anymore or because finally FAST caught up with them and they are now sitting in a dungeon, or for whatever other reason is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is that the site is down and that, as apparent from this thread, most people posting here really used the cracks and patches anyway, so no big loss (at least for some). Therefore I don't see a point in this thread being continued. Also I don't think that any of the D-Bug are interested in making ppera look bad. He can do that on his own very well.
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

User avatar
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:03 pm
Location: somewhere in time

Re: Look, what I found on our beloved Internet:

Postby cb » Wed May 14, 2008 4:02 pm

ppera wrote:In any case I'm still on that will report... So far I found only UK phone number for that.


Sheesh! :roll:
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
Image


Social Media

     

Return to “Website Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests