ORCS 2.17

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

ThorstenOtto
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: ORCS 2.17

Postby ThorstenOtto » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 am

This happens to me too when i double-click on the chm file, and it is located on a network share. Then i get i security warning, and when i continue the contents tab is shown, but not the pages.

It works though when i do the same and the file is located on a local harddisk. Must be some security related thing.

On Windows7 there seems to be no way to allow acces to it, but on Windows10 https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/ ... g-up-blank might help

At least, there is the HTML version.

If all else fails, you can also unpack the ST-Guide hypertext file from the Atari version, and view that in HypView for Windows instead :D

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 am

I do not have a network share on my computer, the entire package is actually unarchived inside a folder, which is located inside the default download folder. Does the CHM file need to be in a specific folder?

I don't have that security sentence and no unblock in the properties, just a blank white area. 8O

But does not matter as the HTML files works.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

ThorstenOtto
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby ThorstenOtto » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:17 pm

You could try the attached registry file (rename to .reg, the forum did not allow me to attach *.reg files). In my case, it worked (when the chm file is located on a network share, in that case windows treats it like being located in a restricted zone)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm

If you do not see the .chm content on a Windows 10 content then yes it is a problem of protection and you should unblock. Lots of sites explain how.

As far as the problem of OCRS not starting on Windows: there seems to be several problems.
I already reported the problem of the graphic widows displayed off-screen and how to fix it,
but yes there another "intermittent" problem sometimes the OCRS program starts but with no windows associated. In that case there is no icon in the taskbar and no windows. If you check the process with the "process explorer" from sysinternal you will se that there is NO graphical window associated with the process??? So I rebooted the machine and then it worked again. So it seems that there is a random problem with graphical windows

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Yes that reg file did the trick :thumbs:
Thanks.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Cyprian
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby Cyprian » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 am

Hi Thorsten,
I have a few requests after using a bit a windows version.
- Would be cool to have possibility to create a desktop shortcuts (for e.g. most used folders);
- Is there a way to remove/close all resource icons from the desktop in one step? Like "close all open resources" - Now I have more than 20 icons on the desk ;
- "emucur.rsc" - all cursor icons in the RSC file are represented by the same arrow icon. Would be possible to show the real one?
Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

ThorstenOtto
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby ThorstenOtto » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 am

> Would be cool to have possibility to create a desktop shortcuts (for e.g. most used folders);

You should be able do drag the folders onto the desktop, just like on other desktops.

> Is there a way to remove/close all resource icons from the desktop in one step?

Not directly, but you can select multiple ones with a rubberband, or by shift-click, then drag them to the trashcan. If that does not work, you can also just edit the orcs.inf and remove the lines starting with "resource".

>Would be possible to show the real one?

When the window is open and nothing else selected, and you do a "Information", the corresponding icon on the desktop will be selected. Is that what you mean?

Cyprian
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby Cyprian » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:41 am

ThorstenOtto wrote:> Would be cool to have possibility to create a desktop shortcuts (for e.g. most used folders);

You should be able do drag the folders onto the desktop, just like on other desktops.

I've checked again and indeed it works.
I tried before but I was mislead by a new window, which was unexpectedly open after dropping an icon onto the desktop.

Btw. I see some redraw issue, during dragging an icon I see a lot of dotted box.

ThorstenOtto wrote:> Is there a way to remove/close all resource icons from the desktop in one step?

Not directly, but you can select multiple ones with a rubberband, or by shift-click, then drag them to the trashcan. If that does not work, you can also just edit the orcs.inf and remove the lines starting with "resource".

it works but in that form is time consuming. "Close All" option would be cool.

ThorstenOtto wrote:>Would be possible to show the real one?

When the window is open and nothing else selected, and you do a "Information", the corresponding icon on the desktop will be selected. Is that what you mean?

When I open "emucurs.rsc". I see there eight icons named: arrow, thext, hrglass, point, flat etc. All of them are shown with the same black arrow icon.
When I double click on e.g. hrglass I see "cup of tea" in icon editor. In my opinion that "cup of tea" should used as an icon for hrglass.
Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

ThorstenOtto
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby ThorstenOtto » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Cyprian wrote:"Close All" option would be cool.

Hm, i think that is a rarely used option, and the menu is already too bloated...

In my opinion that "cup of tea" should used as an icon for hrglass.

Ah ok. Sorry that's not easily possible. There is just one icon type assigned to resources of type "Cursor", much like you would assign an icon to some type of file in the desktop.

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”