Atari ST related Kickstarter projects

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Atari ST related Kickstarter projects

Postby Stefan jL » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:45 pm

I thought it might be a good idea to have an "official" thread for collecting Atari ST related kickstarter projects :)

This is Uncle Art's (Dave Lowe) kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/278860000/uncle-art-amiga-atari-st-etcgame-music-original-an
Although i have a feeling the focus is on the Amiga music... sample based as it is. There is probably no way they are going to put the YM2149 chip music on a CD :)
The Afterburner mix is awesome :thumbs:

Here is "From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years!", It might not contain much Atari ST stuff but they mention the Atari ST will have some part in the book, all backers rewards are Amiga related though so it might not be worth spending much money just to get them.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1195082866/from-bedrooms-to-billions-the-amiga-years

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Atari ST related Kickstarter projects

Postby Marakatti » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am

Stefan jL wrote:Here is "From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years!", It might not contain much Atari ST stuff but they mention the Atari ST will have some part in the book, all backers rewards are Amiga related though so it might not be worth spending much money just to get them.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1195082866/from-bedrooms-to-billions-the-amiga-years

It's a movie, not a book ;)
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Stefan jL wrote:This is Uncle Art's (Dave Lowe) kickstarter:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/278860000/uncle-art-amiga-atari-st-etcgame-music-original-an Although i have a feeling the focus is on the Amiga music... sample based as it is. There is probably no way they are going to put the YM2149 chip music on a CD :) The Afterburner mix is awesome :thumbs:

If that is what you want then let him know. I'm going to be helping him recover all the music data from his Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Atari ST and Amiga devkits. And I will be lending him any hardware he needs to record the real sounds. There will almost certainly be a slight stereo separation applied otherwise you couldn't listen to them with headphones.

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:16 pm

alexh wrote: I'm going to be helping him recover all the music data from his Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Atari ST and Amiga devkits. And I will be lending him any hardware he needs to record the real sounds.

Sorry to go a bit offtopic here but is there any change that his original work could be preserved at Atarimania or anywhere else before the disks becomes corrupt?
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

galax
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby galax » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:32 am

Quite a few artists have released CDs featuring ST chiptunes.
Last edited by galax on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Marakatti wrote:It's a movie, not a book ;)

I know it is a movie... but i don't know why i wrote book? :roll: :wink:

Galax, i think Dave means to have the original versions on the CD and not mixed ST chip with real instruments like dubmood.

AlexH, well... if the stereo seperation is changed to the Amiga music then it would not be the "original version" and then i think the second CD could very well be used for more remixes of his music instead :D
The original versions is better suited for digital download only.

I have backed the project, my first Kickstarter so i hope it goes well.

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Dave Lowe has restarted the Kickstarter project becasue of technical problems and it was not possible to edit the existing one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/278860000/uncle-art-elite-ii-orchestral-and-retrogaming-musi

The focus now is on the boring orchestral Elite 2 music... i don't get that Futurama "shut up and take my money" quote in my head anymore :?

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 pm

The "From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years!" was fully funded so it will be done.

I still havent made my mind about Dave Lowe's remix kickstarter even if i backed the first cancelled one with £150 (maybe i was too impulsive), and now they even have big picture on the page saying it is an Amiga only remix project.. hmm? :shrug:
I guess the Amiga versions of the games have the same music as the ST... except Incredible Shrinking Sphere wich on the ST has music by Anthony Lees.
The P-47 music on C-64 sounded really good also... never heard it before, it was a bit similar to Afterburner music (wich i think is awesome).

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 am

Stefan jL wrote:they even have big picture on the page saying it is an Amiga only remix project.. hmm? :shrug:

It is not only an Amiga remix project. That picture was drawn by an Amiga enthusiast.

David Lowe's roots are in the Sinclair Spectrum but his breakthrough was on the Atari ST

But it will come with a CD which has the original Amiga/Atari/C64/Spectrum & Amstrad versions.

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:53 pm

well, i backed Dave Lowe's kickstart... but it does not look good with £15,000 needed in 5 days.

Also i think i will support the Bitmap Brothers book:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/the-bitmap-brothers-universe

rdemming
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rdemming » Thu May 14, 2015 7:19 am

Another KickStarter music project is Sidologie from Marcel Donne. It will be a 6 CD box with C64 SID tunes in Jarre and Vangelis style.

Not strictly a ST KickStarter but related to Atari ST in the sense that a lot of the featured tunes are known from the Atari ST demo scene (Big Demo, Union Demo, etc.). So it might be interesting for Atari users as well. And of course for Jarre & Vangelis fans too because it is like if long lost Jarre & Vangelis CDs are found :D

It now in its final hours. Currently it is a 5 CD + 1 DVD set and is only 700 GBP away from a 6 CD + 1 DVD set. Beside tracks by Marcel Donne it will also feature tracks by guests like Matt Gray (Last Ninja fame), Alister Brimble (Amiga Alien Breed fame), Will Morton (Grand Theft Auto fame).

Robert
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

rdemming
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rdemming » Thu May 14, 2015 2:15 pm

The Sidology KickStarter is over but since it was funded, the CD box can now be pre-ordered from www.sidologie.com.
Items bought there still count for the stretch goals so the Sanxion stretch goal track can still be funded.

Robert

rdemming
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rdemming » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:01 am

The KickStarter of Uncle Art failed with only a few dollars short. So they now try it again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124468523/uncle-art-a-temporal-shift

I don't know if aiming at the same goal is a smart move (most of the retried KickStarter I've seen got less money the second time and Uncle Art does not have the same cult status as Chris Huelsbeck and Matt Gray that had very succesfull KickStarters). I would start with a cheaper orchestra and make the expensive Chamber Orchestra of London a stretch goal. Anyway I will pledge again and hopefully they will make it this time.

Robert

Stefan jL
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Stefan jL » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Yes i would be interesting to see if Dave Lowe manage to fund it this time.
Your right he does not have the cult status as Chris Huelsbeck and Matt Gray, i think it is probably because much of his music is conversions of mostly arcade game music.
Anyway i supported the kickstarter this time again :)

rdemming
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rdemming » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Stefan jL wrote: i think it is probably because much of his music is conversions of mostly arcade game music.

I agree, the music of those arcade tunes he did lack the recognisable melody line like the tunes of Rob Hubbard, David Whitaker or Jeroen Tel had. I can still hum a lot of their tunes but none of Dave except for IK+ but that is a Rob Hubbard conversion :wink:
Anyway, there are now only 8 days left and still 10000 GBP to go so it it still far of target.

Speaking of Jeroen Tel, he now has its own crowdfunding project for a C64 remix CD called "Tel me More" on IndieGoGo.
On the Atari ST, Jeroen Tel's music was made famous by Mad Max (Jochem Hippel) in the Union Demo (Ikari Union, Alloy Run, Children Songs, Cybernoid I, Thats the way it is), So What Demo (Eliminator), conversions for the Atari ST version of some games (Cybernoid II, StormLord Title Music). (Bold one are planned on the CD).

Robert

rdemming
Atariator
Atariator

Postby rdemming » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:20 am

Again not strictly Atari related but might be interesting for chip music lovers (those who loved The Big Demo). Chris Abbott of C64Audio is running a KickStarter to fund a CD box with C64 remixes in symphonic style called: Back in Time - Symphonic Collection.

Robert

nada-san
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby nada-san » Tue May 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Maybe you don't noticed this project of mine yet? The first Atari ST-only Kickstarter I guess.

The Atari ST and the creative people - Volume I on Kickstarter :megaphone:
http://kck.st/21I7feE

We still need quite some backers! :cheers:

Best Regards,
Marco
https://www.microzeit.com/
The Atari ST and the Creative People

AtariFan
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Turrican II Live Orchestra Album by Chris Huelsbeck

Postby AtariFan » Tue May 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Atari-related in so far as Jochen Hippel converted the music:

Chris Hülsbeck is collecting money for an orchestral version of his Turrican II soundtracks on Kickstarter.

The campaign ends in four days (may 28th).

nada-san
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby nada-san » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 am

Hi guys,

next Atari ST book in the making.
Actually still running at Indiegogo.

https://igg.me/at/returnoftheborders/x/14051322

Hope we can make it again!

:cheers:
https://www.microzeit.com/