techie_alison

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Re: techie_alison

Postby piku » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 am

I was off to buy a PeST today when I found this. Incredibly sad both as an Atarian and as an avid motorcyclist. I didn't know her personally but I know she was a great individual. RIP :cry:
piku http://www.atari-source.org
Ever growing: Falcon CT60 in a Netfinity case, Coldfire M5484LITE, 2 TT's, MegaSTe.. And a bunch of macs, amigas, and linux boxes ;)
piku
Atari User
Atari User

Postby kola » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:27 am

Like Piku above, I too just went to buy a PeST.

I sent Alison a message asking her of the availability but never heard back in a week. I thought she would be just on holiday or something so decided to do a google for a pest to see if one was on Ebay or what ever. Then I found this thread.

I am deeply saddened. Rest in peace. This is a great blow to the Atari community worldwide. You will be missed on a global scale!
kola
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Colin C » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:32 am

Not been on here for a while. So nice to see members of the board posting condolences.

Can you believe it will be six months since her passing on the 28th of this month, it has been the toughest challenge of my life getting through all these months, all your posts are testament to what a really special person she was, so you can imagine what a hole it has left in my life, that can never be filled.

I have just received the accident report from the police, all forty pages plus. In brief she lost grip of the wheels at just 30mph and slid into the path of the fire engine, she died almost immediately from massive chest injuries. All witness said she was riding perfectly as the trained rider she was, but bad luck caught her out.

I am keeping her logicsays.com and her name out there in the gaming world, as I am a Forza devotee and race online, so racing online with Forza4 my cars will have her logo and name on them. I will replace the logo on these cars with logicsays.com once I have checked it is ok to have website urls on the cars.

Thank you all again for remembering her so much.

Colin

http://www.alisonchallis.moonfruit.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby deepblue69uk » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:36 pm

A good game indeed. Cool to see the logos on that car.

Hope you're holding up ok. ;-)

Regards,

Richard.
I am the master of cr*p signatures!
Atari 1040 (4mb) STe
Atari 520 STFM (with red LEDs and cooling fan)
Atari 520 STe - boxed after being saved from Freecycle. Not yet played with. ;-)
Collects emulators and software from all over the web for ATARI ST, AMIGA, & old consoles.
Also a member of the http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/ legal torrent tracker.
deepblue69uk
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Colin C » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:01 pm

deepblue69uk wrote:A good game indeed. Cool to see the logos on that car.

Hope you're holding up ok. ;-)

Regards,

Richard.

Thank you Richard, yeah just about holding up. Still just take each day as it comes, all I can do.
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby kola » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Colin,

The car looks superb! I feel certain it seems to be the perfect tribute to a lady who was so obsessed with computers.

I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain, but of course there isn't. As much as we have never personally met, you are both in my thoughts, and I truly wish you a huge amount of strength to help you get through this terrible time.

Mickey
Highly experimental music for space robots! All made on an ST with not a damned PC in site - yeeeey
kola
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Misha » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Aly will be looking down and loving her name on those cars.
Though she will now expect you to win every race,
as you are representing her Top of the Podium status
that was Aly in everything she did. :D
Misha
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Shredder11 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Wow great livery on the car! I can also echo what others have been saying, in that I too think of you both all the time and probably always will. Maybe she is also thinking of me, because I was needing another PeST making up just before she died and lo and behold...........a couple of weeks ago someone on another site offered me one for nothing without me even mentioning I needed one, so I said it would be going to a very good home where it will be loved. I'm finding it a little hard to contact that person right now, but I have given my details that they asked for so I am just waiting now.

@ Misha

Yes Aly was always Top of the Pods! * cue Paul Hardcastle theme tune * :mrgreen:
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Colin C » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Thank you all so much, she makes me very proud to know she was held in great esteem and is not forgotten. She only ever had one wish
if she ever died, that was to be remembered, well she certainly is.
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby kola » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 pm

She is remembered Internationally colin by the global Atari community! So you can be at ease with this aspect at least.
Highly experimental music for space robots! All made on an ST with not a damned PC in site - yeeeey
kola
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Colin C » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

kola wrote:

She is remembered Internationally colin by the global Atari community! So you can be at ease with this aspect at least.

Thank you Kola. It makes me so sad that she had loads more to offer.

My online cars now have logicsays.com also the Atari logo.Also working on a computer chip design to cover the whole car.

Colin
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Colin C » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:39 pm

A new logic says design for online racing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby kola » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:45 am

Thank you Kola. It makes me so sad that she had loads more to offer.

Im certain of that Colin, such a young age and such a lady with a plan, and to be honest a very cool and unusual small business.

Loving the green car and graphics. I honestly think it is a perfect tribute.
kola
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Dark Willow » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 am

I only just saw this. Such a shame and waste of life. reading some of her material always inspired me to try and understand technology rather than just be a consumer, and also get back into programming, which I had left for years.

Good luck in the west, Alison .
TT030, 10mb/16mb, VanillaMint, 240mb Quantum HD, EtherNEC, Epson GT Scanner | 1040STe, 4mb, TOS 1.62, MegaFile 60, SatanDisk, SM125 | Lynx II | 800XL, 64k, 1050 disk drive, XC12 tape deck, MicroLink parallel adapter

Read all about it!
Dark Willow
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dma » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 am

Colin C wrote:A new logic says design for online racing.

That's a really cool tribute man.
dma
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Colin C » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:52 am

Coming up to eight months since Alison's passing and condolence messages are still being added to this thread, It means so much to me to read them and know that she is remembered.
My first Xmas with out her is going to be tough, but she is with me in spirit and 'maybe' if you take a look at my blog, she is still around some of the time!!

Again I thank everyone who has posted on this thread over the passed months and wish each of you a good Xmas.

Colin

http://lifewithoutalison.blogspot.com/
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby DarkLord » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:12 am

Merry Christmas Colin!
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
An Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org
DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby exxos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 am

A lot of time as past and she still runs into my thoughts. Years ago when we were developing pest she said I would get hooked on pic chips after using them, I had never used them before, and I didnt have any thoughts on why I would need one. Though she was right in the end, as I find myself using them in a lot of projects now. Of late though, Alison pops into my head each time I try to go finish my pic projects off, and it just seems odd not bugging her about things, to the point where the project just get set back, and has been for some time now. I guess every project will be using pic chips in the future, so I guess there will always be a bit of ally in them. I do miss our long chats about projects and new ideas. I guess the little reminders will always be there, gone but not forgotton by far.
exxos
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Shredder11 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 am

I'd not known her long (2008 onwards) but she certainly made an impression on me too, and has popped in and out of my thoughts before and after that day last year.
Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby exxos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 pm

yeah know what you mean. I read colin's page on her thismorning, Even tho I never lost a loved on in that way, after breaking up with my ex after 8 years, that was bad enough, tho it was the right thing to do, and being with someone new now is far much better than before. Though in colin's case, I cant really imagine the pain he goes though each day. His page speaks volume of course..
exxos
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Colin C » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:55 pm

I just occasionally pop into this forum and it still overwhelms me that there are still new messages of condolence, I have said it before that I am so proud of Alison making such an impact with you all.
For me it is unbelievable that in just five weeks it will be the first anniversary of her passing. On the 29th April I have organized a memorial motorcycle ride in her honor.

Some time during the year, I will be sorting through some of her electronic equipment with the view of selling some of it, she would have wanted it used rather than gathering dust. I thought it might be
a good idea to list some of her stuff on here when the time comes ?.

Regards to all

Colin.
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby DarkLord » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Has it really been almost a year? 8O

As for the parts, please do list them here, thanks.
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
An Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org
DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Colin C » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:46 pm

DarkLord wrote:Has it really been almost a year? 8O

As for the parts, please do list them here, thanks.

Some of the equipment that I maybe selling is on this page on her website http://www.logicsays.com/equip.htm

If and when I do sell, it is important the equipment goes to a good home, I would like to think that buyers would also like the fact that they were Alison's.

Colin.
Colin C
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Dal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Colin - if you need any help managing any of this then let me know.

There are some people here who should be able to help with identifying what's there and value etc (exxos springs to mind as he worked with Ali).
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby exxos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm always about somewhere, lurking in the darkness maybe.. but on a more serious note, if my pockets were deep enough id probs buy the lot! I suspect her older computer stuff would be snapped up on (probably) this forum. I only worked with alison on the Atari stuff, I know she was into all sorts of old computers, as to how much stuff she actually collected I have no idea.

If needs be, I could drive there to collect some items, which is at least 6 hours round trip, but I guess it would be nice to meet the people in alys life, it was always on the cards for me to go and clean alisons carpets, for those who I just lost, I do electronics, and my dad is a carpet cleaner, and I started helping him over the past few years and bascially took over ;) Though with one thing and other it never happend, though maybe I could visit the shrine of alison one day, take the odd memorable picture too.. sad in a way to think of going there and not meeting her :(, but one could always do the next best thing i guess.
exxos
Atari God
Atari God

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements