This is GEMDict version 0.2
GEMDict is a graphical client for the DICT protocol, which allows querying
online dictionaries and retrieving definitions.
Download here: http://gemdict.org/download
Screenshots here: http://gemdict.org/screenshots
- Modern AES (min. version 4.1; only tested with XaAES)
- Sending of extended characters allowed (commands are proper UTF-8 sequences
now, as per the DICT RFC). This makes the translation dictionnaries much
- Extended characters can be added to the search field from a character box
called with the Insert key (as with the Thing desktop).
- Automatic connection/deconnection from the server. No need anymore to quit
the program after the server has closed the connection.
- 256 colour selection implemented in the colour selector.
- Fixed an awful amount of issues relating to the handling of the AV protocol.
Everything works now (global window cycling, directory window updates, etc.)
with some exceptions wehen the server is Teradesk (see Known Issues below).
- Complete German version, including help guide and help bubble. This is the
work of Lars schmidbauer.
- English help guide completed, again the work of Lars.
- As a consequence of the above, the appropriate resource file and help guide
are loaded according to the language of the system.
- Display of extended characters only possible with the system font.
- "match" mode still barely useful.
- Alt+letter keyboard shortcuts not always working in the configuration dialog.
- The items in the Help menu do not work when Teradesk is the AV server.
- None to speak of, apart from the "gemdict*.hyp" and "gemdict*.ref" files that
must go into the GUIDES folder.