A working copy of Crossland released

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

A working copy of Crossland released

Postby Marakatti » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi guys,

The only known image of it was damaged, so we got in touch with the author Paul Lay. With his great support and help we are finally able to present you a rare shoot'em up which was only ever released in a part of Tri-Star Warriors compilation along with Goldrunner and Jug.
It also features a previously unknown (?) piece of chiptunes by Paul Shields.

Enjoy Crossland -> http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 24923.html

PS. A special thanks to Gelgu who in first place told us about the existence of this game :cheers:
Admin of http://www.atarimania.com ST / Falcon section.
- Over 1900 original ST software titles archived with Pasti - Megathanks to all contributors!
- Over 1700 downloadable ST/Falcon/TT demos with details!
Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Re: A working copy of Crossland released

Postby Mug UK » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 pm

I've got a few of those Tri-Star budget releases .. couldn't PASTI any of them up due to the disk errors :(

Glad you've rescued one of the games.
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maartau » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Marakatti wrote:Hi guys,

The only known image of it was damaged, so we got in touch with the author Paul Lay. With his great support and help we are finally able to present you a rare shoot'em up which was only ever released in a part of Tri-Star Warriors compilation along with Goldrunner and Jug.
It also features a previously unknown (?) piece of chiptunes by Paul Shields.

Enjoy Crossland -> http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 24923.html

PS. A special thanks to Gelgu who in first place told us about the existence of this game :cheers:

-Crossland- will be released in the next days -> hope Paul L. don't be worried as I reversed his whole job + added +2 trainers :angel: .

:cheers: to every contributors & developpers :thumbs: .

P.s; about Paul S. chip player/rout, I don't touch it ... unless I've got the right to :) !

See you,
Member of -aTaRi LeGeND-, -eLiTe-, -NoExTrA-

[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_20.gif]"anew active, enough motivate...[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_13.gif]...to be back to the goo' ol' skoooool" [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_14.gif]
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Mug UK wrote:I've got a few of those Tri-Star budget releases .. couldn't PASTI any of them up due to the disk errors :(

Glad you've rescued one of the games.

MuG : can your disks be imaged as MSA/ST ? :mrgreen: (Question only ... interested :) ).

Edit : I'm not aware of "all" Tri-Star budget releases, that's curousity (one more time :) ).

:cheers:
Member of -aTaRi LeGeND-, -eLiTe-, -NoExTrA-

[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_20.gif]"anew active, enough motivate...[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_13.gif]...to be back to the goo' ol' skoooool" [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_14.gif]
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Mug UK » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 pm

I had loads of problems with those compilation disks .. MSA wouldn't work and neither would PASTI 100%. My machines are currently unconnected so will need to get them set-up again and have another go at preserving them. I've got three (or four) of those Tri-Star compilations knocking about.
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jake/Depression » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Or mayby you can copied files only? Mayby errors are in empty sectors.
-soimaamme toinen toista ja unohdamme tulta kohentaa-
Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Mug UK » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Jake/Depression wrote:Or mayby you can copied files only? Mayby errors are in empty sectors.

That's possible. Will dig out the STE (or MegaSTE) and get it reconnected and see what I can do. The desk currently has a ZX Spectrum with a CF card interface in use at the moment :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Return to News & Announcements