Spammers & Approved Posts

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Spammers & Approved Posts

Postby Mug UK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Sorry to all if you're a new visitor and you've been patiently waiting for your post to be approved. With the problems this forum's had over the last week or so, I've not been keeping on top of the approved post queue .. and, to my horror, after a reminder from someone who thought I'd forgotten, I discovered that there's almost 100 posts awaiting approval!

Ooooops! Getting them sorted now :oops:
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Spammers & Approved Posts

Postby Mug UK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Done .. luckily one spammer was so desperate to try and sell us some junk that they posted 51 times - so a mass delete posts when I deactivated his count made the job a lot easier :)

There might be a few of you scratching heads as to why a thread you'd given up reading has suddenly sent you a post - that's probably down to me authorising the genuine posts and accidentally authorising a spammer at the same time. Just deleted a few of them that crept in that way .. so hopefully it's just the 8 pages of inactive users to delete next!
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby daeghnao » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Excellent work, and many thanks to Mug UK and all the admin peoples for being there and making things happen, and for that matter, to all the members of the forum and the whole scene for all the many cool things they contribute. Keep it up peeps!
daeghnao
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Mug UK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Was searching for some of the 'odder' looking domains that spammers use and, thankfully, the lovely people at Stop Forum Spam have got a nice long list that I could copy & paste into our "ban emails" list :)

http://www.stopforumspam.com/spamdomainsandips

Apologies if you're a member here but your domain is on the death-list above .. although in theory, if you're a proper Atarian, what are you doing using a well-known spammer's domain as your contact email address? :)

Hopefully this should also stop the deluge of inactive users for a bit .. until they hack other domains!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby farvardin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:57 pm

not being able to register when you only have yahoo or gmail email account is quite a nuisance, so I used another email domain I never open. Another nuisance was I wasn't allowed to change back to my current email account [@yahoo.fr] once I confirmed, logged in and proved I wasn't a spammer :(
farvardin
Atariator
Atariator

Return to News & Announcements