New visitor? Your first three posts need to be approved

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

dvallet
Atarian
Atarian

Re: New visitor? Your first three posts need to be approved

Postby dvallet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Oh poo, searching for the usual "new comers" forum for presentation, i read this rule.
Ok, this will be my second post.

I've bought my first st in 1987 (in spring ?). During my military service in paris, i learned c, 68k ... and share my leisure time in prestasoft local (which became later ocean).
Moving to the north of france, i spent time with crackers and demomakers from dma.

Now i owned several st : 520 stf, 1040 stf, 2048 ste with ultrasatan and cosmos extension (i didn't have time to use it)
My project is to retrieve on pc world and internet the demos, the sourcecode files we've done at the end of the eighties

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:12 pm

dvallet wrote:Oh poo, searching for the usual "new comers" forum for presentation, i read this rule.
Ok, this will be my second post.

I've bought my first st in 1987 (in spring ?). During my military service in paris, i learned c, 68k ... and share my leisure time in prestasoft local (which became later ocean).
Moving to the north of france, i spent time with crackers and demomakers from dma.

Now i owned several st : 520 stf, 1040 stf, 2048 ste with ultrasatan and cosmos extension (i didn't have time to use it)
My project is to retrieve on pc world and internet the demos, the sourcecode files we've done at the end of the eighties

Welcome and great initiative!!
:cheers:
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

AxelStone
Atarian
Atarian

Postby AxelStone » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Well I've just registered and I'd like to see hello to all Atari comunity. I'm from Spain and I hope to enjoy this comunity learning a lot from you.

See you around! :D

wired
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby wired » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi all, it seems a good idea to launch my first post in this section of the forum.

Why Atari ST? Going back to the roots of computer music sequencing. The real thing!
So I bought 2 ST's (1040 STF) to restore and use in the studio. Need to decide on C-lab or Steinberg, since I started more than 15 years ago with Rebirth & later Reason, upgrading to Logic and returning to basics with Ableton. The next step is joining the magical world of Atarians :)

Looking forward talking and learning Atari with all you Atarians.

w
Notator on a 1040STF rev.B-1MB, .C-1MB & .D-2.5MB / Wired to Make Noise

wobbler
Atarian
Atarian

Postby wobbler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:42 pm

New to the forum. Oldie, never forget my first Atari ST. I used to work on a stall in the Glasgow Barras back in the good old days, and have been reminiscing a lot about those days, working on different stalls etc. I was a kid back them. Good time.

DoG
Atariator
Atariator

Postby DoG » Fri May 04, 2018 7:05 pm

New to this forum as well. Used to visit Little Green Desktop when it was active around 15 years ago. Seems to be dead now?

I have now got interested in the Atari scene again somehow. Anyway, had a Nintendo 8-bit in the good old days and sold that for an Atari 1040STfm around 1989-90 I think. Used to do a lot of graphics, fonts and such. Had a site a loooong time running, which featured many of those fonts. My first/old ISP (dial-up) got bought several times and the last provider who bought it closed the server like half a year ago or so. Trying to locate an old backup on a old PC somewhere in storage and kind of stumbled back in the old roots of Atari.

Have two 1040 Stfm. One is the original I bought all those years ago with TOS 1.02. The other one is an upgrade with a marpet X-tra Ram deluxe 4 Mb. I got an external 20 Mb HDD for that one connected to an ICD adSCSI card. I think I have a 520STm or something with external drive somewhere in a box also.

Just got an 520 Atari STe (got 4 Mb Ram and TOS shifter from exxos for it). Also got a Mega STe 4 Mb (swapped the German TOS in it for a Swedish one) and a Falcon (14Mb, 4Gb CF card) now. Got Gotek floppy drive, UltraSatan and NetUSBee also to play with.

Man, it feels good to play around with this again. Still need more hardware though....

arananet
Atarian
Atarian

Postby arananet » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi all. I have a 520ST that i have salved from trash due to a bad memory upgrade. The last owner gift me the ST and i fix by patching the ram directly to the datalines, etc.

RoadRunner
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby RoadRunner » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 am

as done before i am just posting this to reach the 3 post count so i can start to contribute to the site :D

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”