FAO Idek

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

FAO Idek

Postby emcclariion » Thu May 23, 2019 9:02 am

I know you are busy, would it be possible to change a setting on the TT mach 64 drivers to use this option

Option "SWCursor" "true"

I know its a work around, but I would be really great full if this could be done.

Once again thanks
Atari TT Nova card Mach64, Lightning VME, 64MB of RAM, Mega STE 4MB, Nova mach 32 and Atari STE 4MB TOS 2.06 Netusb Ultrasatan 2, Atari Falcon CT60 512MB Netusb

Idek Tramielski
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: FAO Idek

Postby Idek Tramielski » Thu May 23, 2019 1:05 pm

These are the moments when I think about leaving all this behind me. Yes, I am busy and have to juggle priorities, like many other people. I don't quite get why this has to get discussed in public in several threads. A personal request by PM or email would have done. :shrug:

Every change within the sources create quite a bit of work for me, since I want to keep compatibility with all drivers. This is escpecially true if it pertains to only one card. A second issue is, that the Mach64 driver always supported hardware cursor only, while the different chip versions for the Mach32 made it necessary to use hardware or software cursor depending on what the specific chip used on the card supported.
That said, I will see if I can disable the hardware cursor for you. But I won't invest too much time into this. Please send me your email address by pm

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 am

Btw Idek, have you considered the option to publish your sources somewhere? Maybe others could help you out.

emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby emcclariion » Fri May 24, 2019 7:18 am

all I can say idek thanks, I will PM you my email address
Atari TT Nova card Mach64, Lightning VME, 64MB of RAM, Mega STE 4MB, Nova mach 32 and Atari STE 4MB TOS 2.06 Netusb Ultrasatan 2, Atari Falcon CT60 512MB Netusb

Idek Tramielski
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Idek Tramielski » Fri May 24, 2019 9:11 am

mikro wrote:Btw Idek, have you considered the option to publish your sources somewhere? Maybe others could help you out.

I have considered this, yes. My personal professional experience is that collaborative programming leads to an even more time consuming situation. Many changes in sources usually mean many new problems to keep track of and many things to discuss. This makes sense in some (usually early) phases of software development, but not always. This of course is my personal opinion and I understand that there are different ways to look at things.
Anyway, besides all this and the fact that the state that the sources are in is far from anything that I would like to see getting published, I only got them with the solemn promise to never publish them. I intend to keep that promise.
That said, I don't want the sources to get lost if I will disappear from this sad rock one day. So far though, I was not able to find somebody who would respect this and really adhere to these rules. :shrug:

Idek Tramielski
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Idek Tramielski » Tue May 28, 2019 6:47 am

emcclariion wrote:all I can say idek thanks, I will PM you my email address

I have not received a PM from you yet. If you are still interested, I created a version for you to test. It is untested by me, since I don't have a working setup on my bench right now.

emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby emcclariion » Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 am

Yes still very interested sent you a PM

Thanks

Bama
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bama » Wed May 29, 2019 12:56 pm

emcclariion wrote:all I can say idek thanks, I will PM you my email address

I also want to thank you for these drivers!
:-)
BAMA

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”