Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Dead TT (solved)

Postby emcclariion » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi,

I have a issue, My TT was working like a dream and I wanted to change my Nova card to another with a different GAL, I managed to miss the VME guide and I think tapped the bottom of the VME riser...

After that, no boot Black screen, I have power to the mainboard as my power light comes on and my NETUSB lights come on, I have taken everything off, VME cables etc and still dead...

Looking at the field manuals the first thing to check is if we are getting clock, which I suspect I am not...but I cannot work out which pin I am checking on the CPU...think its Pin 6, but how does that relate to the CPU?

Also is there any UK based people who are willing to look at it, I have no issues paying for it to be repaired.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by emcclariion on Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atari TT Nova card Mach64, Lightning VME, 64MB of RAM, Mega STE 4MB, Nova mach 32 and Atari STE 4MB TOS 2.06 Netusb Ultrasatan 2, Atari Falcon CT60 512MB Netusb

paul92706
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Dead TT

Postby paul92706 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:26 pm

What device did you use to check the clock? Also i am a owner of a TT also and let me tell you it is a wonderful machine but it is a headache, i think it could have been engineered better due to the socketed ICs. Those socketed Ics cause major problems as the machine ages. Try it pressing down firmly (not hard) on all ICs. To be better sure i would pull them out and clean the pins and sockets be very careful not to bend pins in socket or else they will not make contact with the IC when inserted, if you see any pins in socket bend inward i would use a small exacto knife and pull them out slowly. Good luck!
Atari Falcon CT60/CTPCI 14MB+ 512mb ATI9250 + NetUSBee
Atari Falcon030 CF 4gb + NetUSBee+ 14MB Ram
Atari TT030 2meg STRAM/16meg TTRAM + Nova Adaptor +Maxtor SCSI HD + DaynaPort Pocket SCSI

emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Dead TT (solved)

Postby emcclariion » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:35 am

Update, as when I had this issue all other threads did not solve the problem.

so....

after reading the field manual, there is only 3 things which would stop a boot into a white screen, Power, CPU bad, Clock bad or a Bus error

Power was good, so I was looking at the clock, and noticed 3 pins where bent next to it, it was W101 which is clock select and I had knocked the jumper off....all working now....ooops
Atari TT Nova card Mach64, Lightning VME, 64MB of RAM, Mega STE 4MB, Nova mach 32 and Atari STE 4MB TOS 2.06 Netusb Ultrasatan 2, Atari Falcon CT60 512MB Netusb

dhedberg
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dhedberg » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:55 am

Great to hear! Messing up a TT is never fun!
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org. Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo and feel the JOY.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:28 am

Glad the TT is working now !!
Messing up any Atari is never ever fun.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”