Captain Atari
Captain Atari

MyAES and Calamus

Postby Kroll » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi,

I would like ask users of Myaes.
Does Calamus work under Myaes?
I am using on CT63 with Radeon card.
I tried Calamus SLC 2015 and 2002, It is loading all modules, I see Calamus icon in Yopla, mouse is working but I can not do anything, even shutdown the system only turn off the computer.

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: MyAES and Calamus

Postby jfl » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Does Calamus run under TOS on that system?
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:46 pm

yes of course, under TOS and MiNT+Xaaes, the problem is if I run MiNT + Myaes.
I choice Xaaes or Myaes using selgem in Mint.cnf during the boot system.
I also checked and can not start Calamus without CTPCI and Radeon

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:27 am

Kroll wrote:yes of course, under TOS and MiNT+Xaaes, the problem is if I run MiNT + Myaes.

In the past I was able to run some versions but not all, I try now a version of 1991 start in black and white but finish to crash (same under XaAES, Multitos and TOS) uner Aranym
2015 version I have to install videl extension screen to try because need 800*600 minimum and not support fVDI

Olivier
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm

OL wrote:
Kroll wrote:yes of course, under TOS and MiNT+Xaaes, the problem is if I run MiNT + Myaes.

In the past I was able to run some versions but not all, I try now a version of 1991 start in black and white but finish to crash (same under XaAES, Multitos and TOS) uner Aranym
2015 version I have to install videl extension screen to try because need 800*600 minimum and not support fVDI

Olivier

I have been able to start Calamus 2015 LE under Hatari in black and white and extended resolution for Emutos VDI and Mint + MyAES with my small configuration. I have Mint kernel message of memory allocation at start but Calamus work

Do you use GCC or PureC version? PureC version work far better than GCC version of MyAES

Olivier
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:32 pm

OL wrote:

Olivier

I have been able to start Calamus 2015 LE under Hatari in black and white and extended resolution for Emutos VDI and Mint + MyAES with my small configuration. I have Mint kernel message of memory allocation at start but Calamus work (with only 14MB but with more no more message

Do you use GCC or PureC version? PureC version work far better than GCC version of MyAES on CT60

Try remove all in myaes/skins folder (it will use internal windframe not nice but working), and try again.
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi,
I use PureC version (latest version) and I remove skins folder but still the same on the Falcon 060 (with/without graphics card). On this computer I also problem with previous versions of Calamus 2002, 2000

Today I tried on the Atari TT and I have similar problem with Calamus 2015,
but Calamus 2000 and 2002, working with skins folder.
It follows that I need to carefully check the problem is with some module ?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Kroll wrote:Hi,
I use PureC version (latest version) and I remove skins folder but still the same on the Falcon 060 (with/without graphics card). On this computer I also problem with previous versions of Calamus 2002, 2000

Today I tried on the Atari TT and I have similar problem with Calamus 2015,
but Calamus 2000 and 2002, working with skins folder.
It follows that I need to carefully check the problem is with some module ?

I just start calamus LE 2015 demonstration and try to put some words on page, no more because I not understand this software! Looks work for me in black and white 800*600 under Hatari with Emutos + Mint + MyAES. No idea to help you.
Perhaps you should remove module and verify if it work. This software is very strange for me. Under Aranym I'm not able to run it, but it is the same for XaAES.

Does system crash or only program, if program cash only, I can provide a test version that record last AES call and some other information, perhaps it can help to understand.

I'm afraid not be able to be very helpful.

Olivier
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:40 pm

I have just test on the other system this is Hades060, but it behaves identically on the falcon 060. I see loading modules, but after that nothing appears on the screen, I can not shutdown the system, just move the mouse cursor on the screen, but I can not quit or kill the program, no response to pressing the mouse button.
I will check it carefully, because only partially works on Atari TT

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Kroll wrote:I have just test on the other system this is Hades060, but it behaves identically on the falcon 060. I see loading modules, but after that nothing appears on the screen, I can not shutdown the system, just move the mouse cursor on the screen, but I can not quit or kill the program, no response to pressing the mouse button.
I will check it carefully, because only partially works on Atari TT

Hello

try dowload http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/patch097.zip
I do a new version (only 68020 GCC and PureC have been updated )

replace PureC version in your system
add in myaes.cnf:
app_nocache CALAMUS

To see if cache is the main issue with calamus at start, perhaps it can help. Never tested this option!

If you have some time too, could look at GCC version and said me if it is still unstable

thanks

Olivier
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 pm

I have just set up in my MiNT.cnf and I can run Myaes PureC or GCC version both, and I tested in my Falcon CT60 but still the same, no change with or without app_nocache CALAMUS in Myaes.cnf

The second question what is unstable at GCC vesion, and now I will be test both vesrions.

What do you think If you need I can test on other my systems, for example ATari TT with graphics card

Additionally I think maybe option no_cache will be very useful for Hades, where the cache setting for processor 060 is important.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:06 pm

Kroll wrote:I have just set up in my MiNT.cnf and I can run Myaes PureC or GCC version both, and I tested in my Falcon CT60 but still the same, no change with or without app_nocache CALAMUS in Myaes.cnf

The second question what is unstable at GCC vesion, and now I will be test both vesrions.

What do you think If you need I can test on other my systems, for example ATari TT with graphics card

Additionally I think maybe option no_cache will be very useful for Hades, where the cache setting for processor 060 is important.

Please update again Patch097.zip file I have introduce a stupid bug in GEM trap handler with app_nocache option :-( , I have fixed it.

Hades060 and CT60 should have same cache.

You can try on TT with video card looks work not so bad on this type of system.

Thanks

Olivier
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:52 pm

I have just tested on CT60, but still the same,
but I think there is a problem with some module, because when I change the name calamus.set (calamus.se) this means that no module is loaded then Calamus starts correctly.
There is more complicacated because there is a lot module, but why is it working under TOS, Magic, MiNT+Xaaes ?

Omikronman
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Omikronman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:53 am

Most Atari ST software has issues with third-party OS extensions in some way. :(

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Kroll wrote:I have just tested on CT60, but still the same,
but I think there is a problem with some module, because when I change the name calamus.set (calamus.se) this means that no module is loaded then Calamus starts correctly.
There is more complicacated because there is a lot module, but why is it working under TOS, Magic, MiNT+Xaaes ?

So no doubt there is MyAES bug somewhere, in some condition PC can crash here, I restart PC do the same and work! PC ASM module is very sensitive, should not do this it was stable for years but I have same issue in the past! So I will try to fix it perhaps it can fix your issue too.

Olivier
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm

OL wrote:

So no doubt there is MyAES bug somewhere, in some condition PC can crash here, I restart PC do the same and work! PC ASM module is very sensitive, should not do this it was stable for years but I have same issue in the past! So I will try to fix it perhaps it can fix your issue too.

Olivier

For my own crash with PureC, looks like I have an issue with "windows_backup" option
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:31 pm

OL wrote:
OL wrote:

Olivier

For my own crash with PureC, looks like I have an issue with "windows_backup" option

I have fixed now my crash with PureC, perhaps it help

http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/patch097.zip

Best Regards

Olivier
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Thank you I have just test a new version, but still the same.
Then as I wrote before, I began to check the modules loaded at the time Calamus started, and I found the problem, the trouble with MYAES is with the module SPEEDLIN.CXM it causes the described problem :D , just as after the start trying to read it, it causes a suspension.
I am very curious if a similar problem is with you.
I checked with Calamus 2000, 2002, 2015
This is independent of system I checked on Falcon with Radeon card and TT

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Kroll wrote:Thank you I have just test a new version, but still the same.
Then as I wrote before, I began to check the modules loaded at the time Calamus started, and I found the problem, the trouble with MYAES is with the module SPEEDLIN.CXM it causes the described problem :D , just as after the start trying to read it, it causes a suspension.
I am very curious if a similar problem is with you.
I checked with Calamus 2000, 2002, 2015
This is independent of system I checked on Falcon with Radeon card and TT

In all version demonstration I have, there is no SPEEDLIN.CXM only LIN.CXM ! Nothing on my computer! But I have only light edition.
So I have tried to download SL edition there is SPEEDLINE.CXM module but unfortunately Calamus request record for this product or stop, if I take this module and put it in LE version, Calamus not load it, the software know it is not a module for this version.

So can't try your configuration
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:43 pm

OL wrote:In all version demonstration I have, there is no SPEEDLIN.CXM only LIN.CXM ! Nothing on my computer! But I have only light edition.
So I have tried to download SL edition there is SPEEDLINE.CXM module but unfortunately Calamus request record for this product or stop, if I take this module and put it in LE version, Calamus not load it, the software know it is not a module for this version.

Of course this is possible because for 6 years I got from a friend a lot hardware and full versions of Calamus from SL'95. He was the official distributor of Calamus in Poland and I do not use LITE Edition anymore. I had LE 2006 but now I have SLC 2015 and this is for me program number one.
I'm sorry for the trouble, maybe You and me should write to Ulf Dunkel. What do You think about it ?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Kroll wrote:
OL wrote:In all version demonstration I have, there is no SPEEDLIN.CXM only LIN.CXM ! Nothing on my computer! But I have only light edition.

Of course this is possible because for 6 years I got from a friend a lot hardware and full versions of Calamus from SL'95. He was the official distributor of Calamus in Poland and I do not use LITE Edition anymore. I had LE 2006 but now I have SLC 2015 and this is for me program number one.
I'm sorry for the trouble, maybe You and me should write to Ulf Dunkel. What do You think about it ?

Finaly I found a very old Calamus version (96), when speedlin.cxm is present it freeze for me, I don't know if I will be able to find the issue
This version not work fine under MyAES (even without speedlin.cxm) mouse click most of time not work. It work nicely under Emutos. I think for Calamus I should add single mode as under Magic, it need work, I don't know if I will add this in next version.
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:25 pm

OL wrote:Finaly I found a very old Calamus version (96), when speedlin.cxm is present it freeze for me, I don't know if I will be able to find the issue
This version not work fine under MyAES (even without speedlin.cxm) mouse click most of time not work. It work nicely under Emutos. I think for Calamus I should add single mode as under Magic, it need work, I don't know if I will add this in next version.

Yes in old version of Calamus, there is a some problem in my system, In this moment I run Calamus 98 and when I want to import GIF picture I already had a problem when imported graphics did not open the file selection window to import. In newer version of Calamus it is much better, it also requires many tests :)
I will be inform you

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”