Trixster wrote:Can someone please give set-by-step instructions for using this hardware and the BlowUP software on both TOS at Mint?
- Install the BlowUp software.
- Make sure BLOWBOOT.PRG is in AUTO folder and is the last AUTO program to execute.
- BLOWACC.ACC should be in C: root (assuming you boot from C:)
- Edit the DEFAULT.BCF file and add the lines found in an earlier post in this thread.
- Start BLOWCONF.PRG and load one of the 1024x768 settings, click SAVE BOOT, and repeat for the other 2 1024x768 configurations. SAVE BOOT will save the current loaded configuration to BLOWBOOT.PRG so that you can configure what resolution to use for different color depths using the BLOWACC.ACC. Note when later on specifying a video mode in the BLOWACC.ACC it will not actually change the video mode. The setting will be applied the next time you change video mode using the Desktop menu.
Trixster wrote:I'm using XaAES 1.6.4 and Mint 1-19-cur and cannot get the software to produce a 1024x768 16 colour picture, i just get a corrupted desktop. Full install instructions would be useful, like where the various .prg files go etc. I'm also getting some interference at 640x480 which s really quite annoying.
Please see the 3-in-1 manual regarding the interference in 640x480. The interference can be due to many reasons. A simple and quick solution is to simply to turn off the external oscillator with the +5V SOURCE switch on the 3-in-1 adapter when you're not using a video mode making use of the oscillator, i.e., one of the standard video modes.
Also if you intend to use the 1024x768 mode, make sure you use the 50MHz oscillator. 40MHz isn't enough.EDIT:
You should put the video mode configurations in the DEFAULT.BCF file and not the STANDARD.BCF file as I first stated. Sorry...