Rawit wrote:During the dis-assembly of the C-Lab Falcon MK-X I encountered a few things that need repairs. The previous owner told me he had the machine modded, and I'm not exactly happy how the modder handled the machine.
Because of the bad solder jobs and damage I've encountered within the machine I'm having a hard time to see a difference between mods and C-Lab customizations. I've encountered the following:
- Internal SCSI (this has been done by C-Lab, but I think it has been modified somehow)
- Line out (2x 6.3 mm bus)
- Line in (2x 6.3 mm bus)
- Volume control (I'm not sure if this is done by C-Lab, the wires look the same as on the other customizations, but the hole in the case looks really amateurish)
- SCSI clock mod
Also some annoying things:
- The internal speaker has been disconnected, the wiring is missing;
- The case led has been disconnected, the wiring is missing;
- The 40 pin to 50 pin SCSI adapter looks messed up;
I want to restore this Falcon as much as possible, but some things look very vague and I need info on the original parts. Especially the SCSI part boggles my mind. As far as I know SCSI 50 pin hard drives have a male connector, but this is what I have in my Falcon:
This isn't supposed to be like that right? From the few C-Lab pictures I found, it should be an angled female connector... Anyone has more info? I want to replace/repair this part to get internal SCSI going.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests