flashonmodule works!!

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

d0us
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

flashonmodule works!!

Postby d0us » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks to simonsunnyboys experience and descriptions of his intallation..i got myself a 1gig transend 44pin module.

Formatted with cecile (don;t know french..may have mucked up here andthere) but the main thing is that its usable and i have two partitions totallign 977megs.

thing is once i put files on either drive when i look at drive information it tells me that there are 0 bytes remaining on disk.

this isnt much a problem for copying files onto the HD..however programs that require me to install onto hd come up with 'no diskspace' errors as it looks to them like there isn;t any.

anyone know whats up here?

karlm
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby karlm » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:31 pm

how big is your 'C:' drive? I know I had some problems with a big version of that, and I ended up having to make it less than 256mb for similar reasons. Also, the type of machine and the TOS version you are running makes a difference.

I'm guessing a Falcon?

cheers

karlm.

d0us
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby d0us » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:55 am

its about 470meg i think.yes ona falcon..i think ive got tos 4.01 because there are no colour icons

CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Postby CiH » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 pm

its about 470meg i think.yes ona falcon..i think ive got tos 4.01 because there are no colour icons

If it is a Falcon, it sounds like you are missing a file 'deskicon.rsc' which normally sits in the root of drive C:\ - This is the widget that gives you colour icons for the Falcon, Tos 4.01 'aint got nothing to do with it :)
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”