OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: MyAES is here!

Postby OL » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:Can you test this newer version:
http://myaes/telechargement/testmyaes.zip

I think realtime is better (cross finger)

The download link is a little bit wrong. I think you've forgotten something. But I managed it to download the new version and I tested it. :D It's a little bit better when moving and resizing windows on the desktop. In an application it's still a big problem especially when resizing windows. It's still far away from your good video and very close to your bad video. But don't think to much about the realtime stuff. I think it's nice to have but it's not essential for me. Instead of the realtime stuff a resizeable file selector and a working mouse wheel within the file selector would be great. I like the MyAES file selector much more than the one of XaAES. 8)

I can imagine move a windows is slower under MyAES than under XaAES because the job is done near only by AES, but resize why? Most of job is done by application. Is it the same when you reduce the size of the window or it is slow only when the window grow?
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:25 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:Can you test this newer version:

I think realtime is better (cross finger)

The download link is a little bit wrong. I think you've forgotten something. But I managed it to download the new version and I tested it. :D It's a little bit better when moving and resizing windows on the desktop. In an application it's still a big problem especially when resizing windows. It's still far away from your good video and very close to your bad video. But don't think to much about the realtime stuff. I think it's nice to have but it's not essential for me. Instead of the realtime stuff a resizeable file selector and a working mouse wheel within the file selector would be great. I like the MyAES file selector much more than the one of XaAES. 8)

Yes, the link is wrong. Should be http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/testmyaes.zip

Yes thanks!
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 pm

OL wrote:Of course Mdesk is not yet mature but do you try it? You can find it in folder gemsys/myaes/mdesk
it is not nice as zdesk but not need a lot of memory to run, it's just to see not for use yet.

Papyrus is strange looks able to run correctly only under Magic and TOS

I tried the first version of Mdesk when it was released. It had a nice look but there were a lot of functions missing. Perhaps I should give it a try again. I usually use the Thing desktop. This desktop works very well for me. It would be nice if it was possible to use a modern icon set with the Thing desktop like the linear icon sets. Somehow Teradesk doesn't work for me. But it looks very good with the linear blue icon set in combination with MyAES.

I never had problems with Papyrus running under MiNT. But I never was a hardcore user of Papyrus.

OL wrote:I can imagine move a windows is slower under MyAES than under XaAES because the job is done near only by AES, but resize why? Most of job is done by application. Is it the same when you reduce the size of the window or it is slow only when the window grow?

Reducing the size of the window is much more a problem than enlarging a window. I wished I had a screen grabber. So I might try to use my mobile Phone to shoot a video. That could be a little bit difficult for me because I have no possibility to mount my mobile phone on my tripod.
520 ST(M) (TOS 1.02), Falcon030 (16 MHz, 16 MB RAM, CF-Card, MiNT & MyAES), Milan040 (25 MHz, 48 MB RAM, EasyMiNT 1.90), Firebee, PowerMac G5 Late 2005 (2 x 2,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.5), iMac 4K Late 2015 (intel Core i7 4 x 3,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.11.6), IBM XT SFD (640 KB RAM, DR DOS 6.0), Compaq LTE 5300 (Pentium/133 MHz, DR-DOS 7.03), AT-PC (Cyrix 6x86L/200 MHz, Windows 98 SE/MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11)

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:Of course Mdesk is not yet mature but do you try it? You can find it in folder gemsys/myaes/mdesk
it is not nice as zdesk but not need a lot of memory to run, it's just to see not for use yet.

Papyrus is strange looks able to run correctly only under Magic and TOS

I tried the first version of Mdesk when it was released. It had a nice look but there were a lot of functions missing. Perhaps I should give it a try again. I usually use the Thing desktop. This desktop works very well for me. It would be nice if it was possible to use a modern icon set with the Thing desktop like the linear icon sets. Somehow Teradesk doesn't work for me. But it looks very good with the linear blue icon set in combination with MyAES.

I never had problems with Papyrus running under MiNT. But I never was a hardcore user of Papyrus.

OL wrote:I can imagine move a windows is slower under MyAES than under XaAES because the job is done near only by AES, but resize why? Most of job is done by application. Is it the same when you reduce the size of the window or it is slow only when the window grow?

Reducing the size of the window is much more a problem than enlarging a window. I wished I had a screen grabber. So I might try to use my mobile Phone to shoot a video. That could be a little bit difficult for me because I have no possibility to mount my mobile phone on my tripod.

Not need any video, I see the issue even I'm not able to reproduce but I can imagine the reason, I have updated again the test version
http://myaes.lutece.net/telechargement/testmyaes.zip

It is possible a program locking other, it can depend of speed of the computer, I hope this version will be better, I reintroduce something I add in previous version, so perhaps it work.

Olivier
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:20 am

Indeed it works a litte bit better than before. On the desktop the speed is acceptable for me. In an application it now works a little bit better but still it's very slow. After all it's an improvement.
520 ST(M) (TOS 1.02), Falcon030 (16 MHz, 16 MB RAM, CF-Card, MiNT & MyAES), Milan040 (25 MHz, 48 MB RAM, EasyMiNT 1.90), Firebee, PowerMac G5 Late 2005 (2 x 2,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.5), iMac 4K Late 2015 (intel Core i7 4 x 3,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.11.6), IBM XT SFD (640 KB RAM, DR DOS 6.0), Compaq LTE 5300 (Pentium/133 MHz, DR-DOS 7.03), AT-PC (Cyrix 6x86L/200 MHz, Windows 98 SE/MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11)

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:Indeed it works a litte bit better than before. On the desktop the speed is acceptable for me. In an application it now works a little bit better but still it's very slow. After all it's an improvement.

There is a good news for me, now I have good report realtime speed on CT60 with Radeon video card as for 0.96, issue is link to ct60_vmalloc function.

Now in your case I don't know, I think OZK had Milan 040 so perhaps there is hardware support on it, I don't know
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:34 pm

OL wrote:
Neurotoxic wrote:Indeed it works a litte bit better than before. On the desktop the speed is acceptable for me. In an application it now works a little bit better but still it's very slow. After all it's an improvement.

There is a good news for me, now I have good report realtime speed on CT60 with Radeon video card as for 0.96, issue is link to ct60_vmalloc function.

Now in your case I don't know, I think OZK had Milan 040 so perhaps there is hardware support on it, I don't know

MyAES website has been updated, now realtime under CT60 with video card work as it should, I fix the use of ct60_vmalloc xbios function

Now it not change anything for other configuration with video card not supporting this memory card allocation I think for moving I can be far faster with a more complex routine, this will be done probably for 0.98 version.

Olivier
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Hello

can you test this new version:

I think now realtime redraw should be faster on your computer when resize is done, I was copying window content but it was not need in this case!

Thanks

Olivier
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:14 pm

OL wrote:

Hello

I think now realtime redraw should be faster on your computer when resize is done, I was copying window content but it was not need in this case!

Thanks

Olivier

WOW! Resizing a window works now very well! Much better than before. It works now nearly perfectly. 8) I don't know what you've done but it had a great impact on the realtime stuff. But moving a window around is still very slow. That works much better with XaAES or Magic Milan. But resizing is now nearly as well as in XaAES or Magic Milan.

If you just could accelerate the moving of a window MyAES might reach the speed of XaAES or Magic Milan concerning the realtime stuff. By the way moving windows around on the desktop is still faster than within an application but resizing works now as fast in an application as on the desktop and it's much faster than before.

Thanks for your updates! 8)

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Good :-)

I have updated again http://myaes/telechargement/testmyaes.zip

It is not perfect but in a lot of case realtime moving should be faster now.

Thanks

Updated again!

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:

Hello

Thanks

Olivier

WOW! Resizing a window works now very well! Much better than before. It works now nearly perfectly. 8) I don't know what you've done but it had a great impact on the realtime stuff. But moving a window around is still very slow. That works much better with XaAES or Magic Milan. But resizing is now nearly as well as in XaAES or Magic Milan.

If you just could accelerate the moving of a window MyAES might reach the speed of XaAES or Magic Milan concerning the realtime stuff. By the way moving windows around on the desktop is still faster than within an application but resizing works now as fast in an application as on the desktop and it's much faster than before.

Thanks for your updates! 8)
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 pm

OL wrote:Good :-)

Thanks

Updated again!

Another great improvement! It might be not perfect but now it works in same way on the desktop and within applications. Always the same speed and there's no difference anymore between the resizing and moving of a window. There might be still a very small difference between XaAES, Magic Milan and MyAES concerning the realtime stuff. But that's a a very tiny difference and now the realtime stuff is absolutely usable on my Milan040 in MyAES. I won't turn it off again. Very well done and thank you very much for improving it! 8)

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:15 pm

Good to know and thanks

I just introduce a bug in this version, now resize except for the right bottom resizer, not redraw correctly, I'm checking for that bug

Olivier

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:Good :-)

Thanks

Updated again!

Another great improvement! It might be not perfect but now it works in same way on the desktop and within applications. Always the same speed and there's no difference anymore between the resizing and moving of a window. There might be still a very small difference between XaAES, Magic Milan and MyAES concerning the realtime stuff. But that's a a very tiny difference and now the realtime stuff is absolutely usable on my Milan040 in MyAES. I won't turn it off again. Very well done and thank you very much for improving it! 8)
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm

I also tried Papillon 3.04 SP1 today with MyAES 0.97. When starting the application I got an error message. When clicking "ok" Papillon was starting and I could load a picture. You may have a look at the error message. I attached a screenshot of it. You can only see one half of the alert window. I guess there went something wrong with fVDI Snap when taking the shot but the whole error message is displayed on the screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:I also tried Papillon 3.04 SP1 today with MyAES 0.97. When starting the application I got an error message. When clicking "ok" Papillon was starting and I could load a picture. You may have a look at the error message. I attached a screenshot of it. You can only see one half of the alert window. I guess there went something wrong with fVDI Snap when taking the shot but the whole error message is displayed on the screenshot.

This is MyAES alert not Papillon alert, globally pdlg_xxx function are not supported only minimal set of function doing near nothing ahve been add to be able run Texel. In this case the gem call 0xCD is partially implemented and not support the parameter of the sub routine 9 in this case it is pdlg_use_setting.

pdlg subroutine are designed for printer control. I could remove this message.
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:10 pm

It fix the bug with resize I have introduced in previous trial.
For the alert with Papillon now it will send a simple message to "myosd", this message will be displayed in window for some seconds only and not lock application at start.

Neurotoxic wrote:I also tried Papillon 3.04 SP1 today with MyAES 0.97. When starting the application I got an error message. When clicking "ok" Papillon was starting and I could load a picture. You may have a look at the error message. I attached a screenshot of it. You can only see one half of the alert window. I guess there went something wrong with fVDI Snap when taking the shot but the whole error message is displayed on the screenshot.
OL

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:13 pm

OL wrote:
Hello

Thanks

Olivier

Thanks, I check resizing and moving window, now on my system is much, much faster than beforre. I have tested on CT60 with Radeon card
Thanks again

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 pm

OL wrote:I have updated again http://myaes/telechargement/testmyaes.zip

For the alert with Papillon now it will send a simple message to "myosd", this message will be displayed in window for some seconds only and not lock application at start.

Thanks again. Now MyAES 0.97 works really great on my Milan040. If you compare it to version 0.96 the new version is a evolutionary step in its develoment, I think. Thanks for your work and your time you are investing! 8)

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:

Thanks again. Now MyAES 0.97 works really great on my Milan040. If you compare it to version 0.96 the new version is a evolutionary step in its develoment, I think. Thanks for your work and your time you are investing! 8)

The speed up improvement add an other redraw bug, if in window a toolbar have added, the redraw of move or resize can be bad.

I'm looking to fix this
OL

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:34 pm

OL wrote:
Neurotoxic wrote:

The speed up improvement add an other redraw bug, if in window a toolbar have added, the redraw of move or resize can be bad.

I'm looking to fix this

The new bug is now fixed! You can download it, on MyAES web page

Olivier
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Thanks for uploading the new version. 8)

I just noticed that moving a window can be very slow again when you move it out of the visible screen. If you reach the border of the screen than moving will be very slow but it woks fluently again when you've moved the window completely back into the screen.

And I have a stupid question. :) Taking a look at the screenshots on the MyAES webpage I'm wondering which icon set you are using?

http://myaes.lutece.net/images/beta7.jpg

http://myaes.lutece.net/images/MC.png

http://myaes.lutece.net/images/pap.png

Can I download this icon set somewhere? May I use it with the Thing desktop or does it works with jinnee only?

OL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby OL » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:Thanks for uploading the new version. 8)

I just noticed that moving a window can be very slow again when you move it out of the visible screen. If you reach the border of the screen than moving will be very slow but it woks fluently again when you've moved the window completely back into the screen.

And I have a stupid question. :) Taking a look at the screenshots on the MyAES webpage I'm wondering which icon set you are using?

http://myaes.lutece.net/images/beta7.jpg

http://myaes.lutece.net/images/MC.png

http://myaes.lutece.net/images/pap.png

Can I download this icon set somewhere? May I use it with the Thing desktop or does it works with jinnee only?

For speed you are true and it is normal as it is write, if the window is not fully visible I copy the content in memory and then do copy to the screen, rather directly copy from screen to screen, the speed up realtime is not perfect, sorry but it is far more complex to write, perhaps for 0.98 version.

I can't answer you for icon set, all this photo are Zorro screenshot!
OL

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:21 am

OL wrote:For speed you are true and it is normal as it is write, if the window is not fully visible I copy the content in memory and then do copy to the screen, rather directly copy from screen to screen, the speed up realtime is not perfect, sorry but it is far more complex to write, perhaps for 0.98 version.

No problem.

So I have to ask Zorro for the icon set. It's a pity that he quit developing for Atari. I'm not sure if I can contact him. Anyway thanks for your information.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 am

Neurotoxic wrote:So I have to ask Zorro for the icon set. It's a pity that he quit developing for Atari. I'm not sure if I can contact him.

If you do manage to contact him, please let me know. :-P

ldv-01
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby ldv-01 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:20 pm

The icons (32 pts./256 colors) are in zdesk.rsc.

Lod.

Neurotoxic wrote:
OL wrote:For speed you are true and it is normal as it is write, if the window is not fully visible I copy the content in memory and then do copy to the screen, rather directly copy from screen to screen, the speed up realtime is not perfect, sorry but it is far more complex to write, perhaps for 0.98 version.

No problem.

So I have to ask Zorro for the icon set. It's a pity that he quit developing for Atari. I'm not sure if I can contact him. Anyway thanks for your information.

Neurotoxic
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Neurotoxic » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:12 pm

ldv-01 wrote:The icons (32 pts./256 colors) are in zdesk.rsc.

Lod.

Thanks for the hint but I didn't find the icons shown on the screenshots on the MyAES site in zdesk.rsc. :( There are icons in zdesk.rsc but these icons are other icons than those on the screenshots.

mikro wrote:If you do manage to contact him, please let me know. :-P

I think Mathias from the acp project was in contact with him due to zDesk perhaps we should ask him how to contact Zorro?

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”